my negs all bring all the boys to the yard
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by gijops
cut down on the Gucci shopping

No way Gucci fo life #SWAG
One i've seen from various people:

Stretching the 5 second rule to the absolute max! loool
Original post by Ripper-Roo
I don't understand what makes some of you so important? You may laugh now and say I'm overreacting but someone has to buy the buffet food, for a scruffy student to come along and steal it is frustrating to say the least, what would happen if everyone did it? There'd be none left.

Agreed, tbh. Participating in an event just for the food is fine, but just walking in and taking the food is a step too far.

As is turning up to a freshers' fair when you're not a fresher just to steal pens.

Original post by Zuki
Complain that the food wasn't of suitable quality to get another packet for free

This is a ****ty thing to do, too.

There's 'being very tight with money' and 'being a dishonest and generally ****ty person'.
Reply 124
Most supermarkets offer extreme reductions on their bakery goods after a certain time in the evening.

restaurants depending on your connections will give you food for free or action it off for a very low price.

Open meetings, events etc across London, in Mosques, Churches, Temples, Embassies etc offer free lunches, dinners.

if you smart, you can live in London and spend close to nothing on food, but your diet will be extremely varied and out of control, one day you will eat Halal the next day Kosher. :biggrin:
Original post by Baraf
Most supermarkets offer extreme reductions on their bakery goods after a certain time in the evening.

restaurants depending on your connections will give you food for free or action it off for a very low price.

Open meetings, events etc across London, in Mosques, Churches, Temples, Embassies etc offer free lunches, dinners.

if you smart, you can live in London and spend close to nothing on food, but your diet will be extremely varied and out of control, one day you will eat Halal the next day Kosher. :biggrin:

How I live in London tell me how!
My motto last year: use-by dates are for the weak (unless it concerned meat obvs)
Asda self-checkout machines: any change in notes is dispensed at the bottom, the number of people who walk off without taking their £5 change is scary. A few times now I've taken someone else's fiver because they'd walked off and were nowhere in sight to give it back to them.

TV licences: if you get one then hold off getting one until a month or so into term, then pay on quarterly payments - on monthly payments by DD you pay for the entire year within the first 6 months, on quarterly you just pay for each quarter as you go, so when you move back home in the summer you can cancel the DD and you've only paid for 3/4 of the annual fee.
Reply 128
Original post by PQ
TV licences: if you get one then hold off getting one until a month or so into term, then pay on quarterly payments - on monthly payments by DD you pay for the entire year within the first 6 months, on quarterly you just pay for each quarter as you go, so when you move back home in the summer you can cancel the DD and you've only paid for 3/4 of the annual fee.

I know a way to save even more money with regards to TV licenses :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 129
Original post by dean01234
I had friends that stole chairs and cutlery from the canteen because the house they were in provided no cutlery and only 2 chairs between 6 people.

Were they folding chairs?

That must take some serious ninja stealth skills to pull off.

And I'm just laughing at the idea of two chairs shared between six people. Did they have a seating timetable or was it first to sit?
1. Minesweeping

2. Minesweeping - but if it's a drink you really can't stand, offer it someone else and say they bought you a drink and they'll buy you one back

That's pretty bad
Attending the multicultural events just for the free food. :smile:
Gone from love of port and fine ales to drinking Frosty jacks and White lightning for pre drinks.
Original post by AndyGreg
If you shop at ASDA use your receipts and any others you can find in trolleys or blowing around the car park and check them on the price guarantee website, some times gives you a 10-30p voucher but some times can be up to 10 quid! Which you can use on any size shop! Works for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stupid question: What does "which you can use on any size shop" exactly mean? :tongue:
Reply 134
1. Using the Math department's IT account to utilise their unlimited printer credits
2. Taking printer paper from the Workstation rooms to use with my own printer
3. Bulk ordering expired food on http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/ (all tasted great so far, though the price may have biased my opinion)
4. Stumbling into an African & Caribbean Society meeting with a friend after having seen the buffet table through the window - we were the only white people.
Original post by sneha.vag
Stupid question: What does "which you can use on any size shop" exactly mean? :tongue:

Probably means you can use it in any size asda store, not just the massive superstores but also the smaller convenience asdas. :smile:
Original post by That Bearded Man
Attending the multicultural events just for the free food. :smile:

I am looking forward to Chinese New Years!
Original post by SophieSmall
Probably means you can use it in any size asda store, not just the massive superstores but also the smaller convenience asdas. :smile:

Original post by sneha.vag

Think it also means you can use it whether you spend £10 or £100

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread has got a lot of stuff! I actually wrote it down :smile: Cheers to all those of you who have posted.

I'm no uni student (I will be joining uni in September) but I read these tips off various places:
1. Don't bother dryer your clothes using a tumble dryer instead use a clothes airer.
2. Look for flaws in products- so you can talk down the listed price.
3. I heard you can ask your mobile phone service provider for your migration number (if I can remember accurately). This is a number needed to allow you to change your provider so if you ask for this you can scare them into giving you a discount!
4. Also, another weird trick: Use plain yogurt especially if it is a little sour in your food eg pasta, making the stuffing for jacket potatoes (use on more than a large tablespoon). It sort of tastes like sour cream.
5. Also, now this is for the ladies, use ice cubes as a toner. No need to waste your money buying expensive toner if you can get the same results by rubbing an ice cube on your face and neck.
6. Another tip for the ladies, if you run out of blush a little of your matte pink lipstick on your cheek bones works well plus use coconut oil as a moisturizer (at night, of course you don't want to smell funny during the day).

Hope this helps but some stuff may make you say: "I knew that already". Well, if you didn't hope it helps :smile: