The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
I reckon I'll get 8/9 maybe 10 A/A*s. More likely 7 or 8A/A*s, 2 Bs

Obviously I would be proud with any of those results, but I somewhat feel sorry for anyone who didn't do as well on theirs. I don't want to come across as a 'boaster' by showing off my results.

I should think about 2 people in our whole year will do that well, what's wrong?!

Boast it out :biggrin:
In my school and in particular my year there will probably be 30/220 so it's not exceptional but still good
I'm so impatient to get my results..
Is everyone opening them at their school or? What's everyone thinking they're gonna get?
(I'm new to TSR, but I've been following this thread for awhile) :colondollar:
Original post by CelineBean
Is everyone opening them at their school or? What's everyone thinking they're gonna get?

Opening them at school! I've no idea :colondollar: what do you think?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Opening them at school! I've no idea :colondollar: what do you think?

I'm thinking getting there super early (my school opens at 9am), then rushing home to open them with family and cry in my room till Sixth Form starts. I'd like to open them at school but everyone will be like "wooo I got 475097358 A*'s!" while I'm there with maybe 1 or 2 A/A*'s haha

My school uploads them to our profiles an hour before we go in, so I'll probably load them up first and then see whether I want to go into school. It's compulsory but I can say I'm ill or something...

I don't know, I honestly do not know what I'm going to get and I'm freaking out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking getting there super early (my school opens at 9am), then rushing home to open them with family and cry in my room till Sixth Form starts. I'd like to open them at school but everyone will be like "wooo I got 475097358 A*'s!" while I'm there with maybe 1 or 2 A/A*'s haha

:eek: really?! My school isn't great, so my results won't be like crap...

I think I might go at 10/11:lol:
Original post by Molly_xox
My school uploads them to our profiles an hour before we go in, so I'll probably load them up first and then see whether I want to go into school. It's compulsory but I can say I'm ill or something...

I don't know, I honestly do not know what I'm going to get and I'm freaking out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm tryna forget about it for the next 3 weeks by busying myself but it's hopeless aha.
Aw what subjects did you do? :biggrin:
:eek: really?! My school isn't great, so my results won't be like crap...

I think I might go at 10/11:lol:

Idk tbh, our school isn't exactly great either but my friends are all smart :') depends what you consider 'crap' results :smile:
Idk tbh, our school isn't exactly great either but my friends are all smart :') depends what you consider 'crap' results :smile:

My results shouldn't be crap by anyone's standards... But I might get annoyed with some :frown:

Aah, I see! Friends are friends though :smile:
My results shouldn't be crap by anyone's standards... But I might get annoyed with some :frown:

Aah, I see! Friends are friends though :smile:

I'm gonna be extremely annoyed if I end up 1 or 2 marks off an A or an A* which normally happens. I'll be incredibly annoyed if I don't get an A* in Biology or French though.
I'm gonna be extremely annoyed if I end up 1 or 2 marks off an A or an A* which normally happens. I'll be incredibly annoyed if I don't get an A* in Biology or French though.

Same! My English Language last year killed me inside:frown:

Argh. I love French!:biggrin: messed up exams though :colondollar:
Same! My English Language last year killed me inside:frown:

Argh. I love French!:biggrin: messed up exams though :colondollar:

Urgh don't even get me started on English Lang last year when they cocked up on the markings..1 mark off a B and they wouldn't give me the extra mark, yet they gave someone else in my year the extra mark to get an A*? Pfft.
I love learning French aha, I have no life..
What exam board were you on for the exams? :colondollar:
I'm tryna forget about it for the next 3 weeks by busying myself but it's hopeless aha.
Aw what subjects did you do? :biggrin:

I know, especially when nearly everyone around me is awaiting results too!

I took English Lit (CIE), English (CIE), Maths (OCR B), Triple Science (AQA Cert.), French (OCR), Spanish (OCR), History (OCR) and RS (AQA spec B), you?

Most worried about History, all sciences (as this is the first year and we did the course in half the time) and English...fingers crossed (yn)

What sucks is whilst I'm not stupid, all my friends are smarter than me and aren't afraid to tell me so I just don't want to tell them what I've got because I'll be happy with it until they tell me their mark and it'll just go downhill 😖

Good Luck!🍀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urgh don't even get me started on English Lang last year when they cocked up on the markings..1 mark off a B and they wouldn't give me the extra mark, yet they gave someone else in my year the extra mark to get an A*? Pfft.
I love learning French aha, I have no life..
What exam board were you on for the exams? :colondollar:

Heart breaking :lol:

It's amazing! I love languages :moon:

WJEC:
Maths, Englishes, Geography, French, Business, Welsh

AQA:
RE

OCR Gateway: Bio,chem and physics

Edexcel: art

Any similarities?
Aw this thread brings back memories. Feels like only yesterday when i was waiting for my gcse results and now im waiting for my a2s! im sure you will all do brilliantly :biggrin: ciao darlings xox

WJEC:
Maths, Englishes, Geography, French, Business, Welsh

I did the maths, englishes and welsh on WJEC..how did you find them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1377

Original post by Taci
What? Why would you have doubts? :confused:

The dentist prospects after graduating; apparently it's going downhill in employment and money. The system that controls the NHS dentists are going to make some changes..:s-smilie:

Well I'm not really having doubts but I'm just a bit more weary now.
Original post by 3mma_gal96
I did the maths, englishes and welsh on WJEC..how did you find them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths was A Level, English Literature I lover Unit 2! (knowing me though, it was ****)

Welsh.. :rofl:
Reply 1379
Original post by Taci
I really like the practical side of work that dentistry offers, and the ability to work with my hands (which is something I like to do).

It also gives a more balanced lifestyle over medicine (you could disagree), but the working hours are a lot more consistent.
There is also a more caring side to the job in my opinion, with total focus being on one patient at a time and making sure that you satisfy their needs individually. There is also that sense of reward I suppose- It must feel great to know that you've dramatically improved someone's oral health, or their appearance- (or even in the eyes of a general practitioner, just knowing that you have prevented any more damage from advancing)

I also admire the technology and research that is going forward to advance treatments and the procedures that dentists are able to carry out. In 10 years time, dentistry could have changed dramatically!

Wow, that's exactly what I would say! I do believe the caring side is more apparent, because (from my experience), the doctors I have met have been very cold and don't really make me feel that comfortable but my work experience at a dentists was the very opposite.

Latest