The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I want an A* in English Lit now :emo:

so do I :s-smilie: I needed 37 marks for one :/ and 27 for an A ... in my mocks I got 39 and 40 :/ cutting it close :lol:
Original post by techno836
so do I :s-smilie: I needed 37 marks for one :/ and 27 for an A ... in my mocks I got 39 and 40 :/ cutting it close :lol:

I need around 70/80 UMS :/
Reply 1402
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm going to be a wreck that day!

Or over the moon if you come out with perfect teeth and great results!
I need around 70/80 UMS :/

I can't remember UMS , I remember tunring it back into RAw :/
I can't remember UMS , I remember tunring it back into RAw :/

But raw will change.... :L
But raw will change.... :L

yeah I know but so I needed roughly 37 marks ... can't see it being much different though as they never seemed to change that dramatically when I looked :smile:
yeah I know but so I needed roughly 37 marks ... can't see it being much different though as they never seemed to change that dramatically when I looked :smile:

Well, I'll need about... Brb 9let me check9

50/60 I mean
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Elm Tree
Eurgh I'm going to have to hide my laughter when people get bad grades :s-smilie:

You are the definition of a snob and you are also the type of person who can hype and act cool behind a screen. You also seem the type of person who cannot adequately speak to people when you go out. Also, there is not point 'hiding' your laughter because you are online and we cannot see you, hence the reason you beg to be outspoken. Congratulations to you! :biggrin:
Well, I'll need about... Brb 9let me check9

50/60 I mean

wow that's quite high :/
wow that's quite high :/

Yeah :3 it's below an A*, a high ish A...
Hiya guys,

In my anxious state with results day soon, I calculated the rough mark i needed to get an A* in my english literature unit 1 exploring modern texts exam (aqa). I calculated I need around 65UMS/80UMS to get an A* overall. Using last years grade boundaries, this will be roughly a Band 4 Answer (if boundaries are similar), therefore does anyone have a band 4 answer of any text, just so I can see the structure of it and hopefully ease my mind? This will be roughly essays marked 19/30 marks.

Thanks and if you have any questions about english lit or lang or gcses in general feel free to ask!

xxx
Yeah :3 it's below an A*, a high ish A...

oh is that ums ?
oh is that ums ?

No, it's raw marks :P UMS is around 70/80:colondollar:
No, it's raw marks :P UMS is around 70/80:colondollar:

ohhh well.... best of luck :biggrin:
ohhh well.... best of luck :biggrin:

We shall see how I do :tongue:, thanks, you too
Reply 1415
Original post by Jatz07
Lol are you like psychic??? How did you know? haha

Jatz

Oh, I just knew... I go to a grammar school where 90% of us are Indian and in my year there are loads of us who want to be doctors, following the Indian stereotype... Including myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We shall see how I do :tongue:, thanks, you too

think I might only get an A in maths stats though as I only got a B in the coursework :/ ...and I think i'll get a low A* in exam :frown:
Question:

What grade would this equate to?
(Pessimistic Scenario)

20% A*
65% A
15% B

And this
(Optimistic Scenario)

50% A*
50% A
Posted from TSR Mobile
think I might only get an A in maths stats though as I only got a B in the coursework :/ ...and I think i'll get a low A* in exam :frown:

Stats, I hope I have an A*... What board were you, and raw mark?

Because apparently my mark, although low, is nearly (or is) an A*...
Stats, I hope I have an A*... What board were you, and raw mark?

Because apparently my mark, although low, is nearly (or is) an A*...

this is GCSE stats :L .. and I can't remember 84 I think in exam and I never found out my coursework mark, she just said it could be low A high B

Latest