The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
I'd quite like it to be a women it'd be really interesting to see how/if the dynamic changes. But I can see why people would object

Posted from TSR Mobile

:no: I would hate it. The Doctor is an established male character, and to change that is an insult to the show IMO :frown:
But, I admit, it would be interesting to see how things change if it was a woman... and the public outcry against it could be quite entertaining :tongue:
Original post by Maid Marian
:no: I would hate it. The Doctor is an established male character, and to change that is an insult to the show IMO :frown:
But, I admit, it would be interesting to see how things change if it was a woman... and the public outcry against it could be quite entertaining :tongue:

Yeah, I guess I get that objection. The Doctor's gender doesn't really make that much difference imo, but I definitely see why people would mind it changing

I will admit that about 90% of the reason I want it to be a woman is because of the outcry that follows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1822
Capaldi would be a brilliant Doctor. Fingers Crossed!!
Rory Kinnear, Andrew Gower and Damien Molony are the people I most want to play Twelve. :love: I don't really want the Doctor to be a woman mostly out of loyalty to River who will always be my top TimeLady. But I am so excited for Sunday!!! That said, I'm anticipating Moffat trolling us as per and delaying it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
That said, I'm anticipating Moffat trolling us as per and delaying it.

As long as he doesn't delay it as long as S3 Sherlock, that's fine by me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rory Kinnear, Andrew Gower and Damien Molony are the people I most want to play Twelve. :Love: I don't really want the Doctor to be a woman mostly out of loyalty to River who will always be my top TimeLady. But I am so excited for Sunday!!! That said, I'm anticipating Moffat trolling us as per and delaying it.

I find Rory Kinnear really bland, so I hope it isn't him. The other two would be fun, but they are both too young in my eyes.

You're probably right about Moffat trolling us :rofl:
Why Hello fellow whovians,
How have not found this thread until now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1827
Original post by Jessica2008

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 My thoughts exactly.
Original post by Feefifofum
I find Rory Kinnear really bland, so I hope it isn't him. The other two would be fun, but they are both too young in my eyes.

You're probably right about Moffat trolling us :rofl:

I think he's great, but fair enough. :lol: Oh, they'd be amazing though. Damien Molony's older than Matt Smith was when he was cast. I'm so excited to see what John Hurt does though! :biggrin:

And yeah, he's the biggest troll in the BBC at the moment, I swear.
Original post by Maid Marian
Who is Tamsin Greig? I haven't heard of him! :K:

I just want it to be Capaldi. Please, please let it be Capaldi. :redface:

Dammit I can't wait until Sunday! :sigh::sigh:

She does have a wonderful other-wordly quality to her sometimes and she can pull off any clothes they give her.

Rory Kinnear, Andrew Gower and Damien Molony are the people I most want to play Twelve. :love: I don't really want the Doctor to be a woman mostly out of loyalty to River who will always be my top TimeLady. But I am so excited for Sunday!!! That said, I'm anticipating Moffat trolling us as per and delaying it.

I do love Rory Kinnear but he's already quashed all rumours that it's going to be him sadly. I'm not sure how good he would be though, I like him in things like Count Arthur Strong where he's a sort of blundering middle class englishman who thinks the most important thing in the world is people thinking he's a 'nice guy'. I can't really see him running around and punching daleks in the face.

Original post by Jessica2008

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by umarsa
+1 My thoughts exactly.

*waves* Hello new people, 'tis always wonderful to see more fellow fans :^_^: Why not introduce yourselves a bit? Favourite doctors/eps etc, all that fun stuff.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
She does have a wonderful other-wordly quality to her sometimes and she can pull off any clothes they give her.

I do love Rory Kinnear but he's already quashed all rumours that it's going to be him sadly. I'm not sure how good he would be though, I like him in things like Count Arthur Strong where he's a sort of blundering middle class englishman who thinks the most important thing in the world is people thinking he's a 'nice guy'. I can't really see him running around and punching daleks in the face.

You should see him in Richard II, although I'll admit that he isn't half as badass as Joe Armstrong is as Henry Percy. He would be an amazing Doctor as well. There's heaps of people who'd be good at the part to be honest. I could deal with it being a woman if it was Tamsin Greig, but I won't love anyone as much as Alex Kingston.
You should see him in Richard II, although I'll admit that he isn't half as badass as Joe Armstrong is as Henry Percy. He would be an amazing Doctor as well. There's heaps of people who'd be good at the part to be honest. I could deal with it being a woman if it was Tamsin Greig, but I won't love anyone as much as Alex Kingston.

Alas i've only seen him do Hamlet :frown: He was very good however.

Jw, I had a period where I didn't watch DW for a fair while but wasn't Peter Capaldi in an episode of DW or Torchwood? I think I remember a friend mentioning it so if he did have a big part I doubt they'd make him the Doctor sadly...

I hadn't even considered her until now, but she would make an amazing Doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1833
It's official :awesome:

Doctor Who Official @bbcdoctorwho
BREAKING NEWS! The identity of the next Doctor will be revealed in a live BBC1 show that starts at 7pm, this Sunday! http://t.co/MkFjVldAjv
^ Too late woman, we know :colone: Anyone you fancy for it?

Original post by shadowdweller
I hadn't even considered her until now, but she would make an amazing Doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: Finally the Tamsin Greig fan-club has more than one member! She does somehow make everything she's in worth watching (imho she's the best thing about the excellent Black Books) and she would still command the same level of authority that a male Doctor does. Plus only Olivia Coleman has such a natural eager glint in her eyes that just instantly makes you love them and conveys exactly how they're feeling in just a glance :love: (Totally crushing out here)
Reply 1835

No, you knew that 'a press source had leaked' and therefore it was likely. It has now been officially announced :hmmm:

Not particularly, I'm concerned about Capaldi. I'd struggle with half expecting him to swear every other word :mmm:
I'd rather like it to be someone unexpected and relatively unknown, like Matt was :yep:

:woo: Finally the Tamsin Greig fan-club has more than one member! She does somehow make everything she's in worth watching (imho she's the best thing about the excellent Black Books) and she would still command the same level of authority that a male Doctor does. Plus only Olivia Coleman has such a natural eager glint in her eyes that just instantly makes you love them and conveys exactly how they're feeling in just a glance :love: (Totally crushing out here)

If there had to be a female doctor, then I could see Tamsin doing very well, but I'd prefer it to stick to being a male doctor. I'd love to see her as a companion though. I imagine it would be on the Doctor Donna level :teeth:

:five:

She definitely made Black Books. I could see her being a good transition into the idea of a female Doctor, like you say she would be able to command authority well

Olivia Coleman?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also a huge fan! I don't want a female Doctor, but if we have to have one then she'd do a good job. She's a fantastic actor.
Original post by Aula

BREAKING NEWS! The identity of the next Doctor will be revealed in a live BBC1 show that starts at 7pm, this Sunday! http://t.co/MkFjVldAjv

OMG OMG OMG!! :woo:

Is this true? I didn't think it was being revealed yet! So excited! :ahee:
Original post by Aula

I love how they still called it 'BREAKING NEWS' even though it's been going round the fan sites for hours :rofl: Nice to have it confirmed though, I was half suspecting this all to be a ruse by Moffat to get us all excited, then they'd show an old Cash in the Attic or something. Moffat is the ultimate troll.

Quick Reply

Latest