The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Pedant! I pedant I say!

You should see him in his breakout role in Local Hero :biggrin: He's adorable, has a fairly innocent crush and looks after an injured bunny, it's rather... Conflicting.

I hope they're unknown so long as I actually know them and can then act all hipster-y :awesome: I would certainly settle for her being a companion but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Clara going sadly and companions are usually a fair bit younger.

Olivia Coleman was in Green Wing with her, she plays comedy and drama really, really well. She was in Hot Fuzz as the female policeman so perhaps you know her from there?

:love: She just sorts of radiates happy feels but as soon as she 'switches' you're pretty sure she could knock your block off.(I don't know why but while google image searching I got Sean Bean in drag with a blonde wig... I would also approve of that being the new Doctor. The fan rage would be bliss).

I just had to explain the Sean Bean bit.

Both Olivia Coleman and Sean Bean stared in Accused this year. Sean Bean was in a different episode and played an transvestite called Tracy... She's not just good at comedy her performance in Accused earned her a Bafta :wink:
I have to admit, I'd forgotten a bit about the Twelfth Doctor with so much going on these past few weeks... but since I saw the announcement, I'm excited like a child at Christmas!
I can't put into words how excited I am for Sunday. I literally can't keep still. :happy2:
Original post by Rascacielos
I have to admit, I'd forgotten a bit about the Twelfth Doctor with so much going on these past few weeks... but since I saw the announcement, I'm excited like a child at Christmas!

Don't you mean 13th? :wink:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Never going to happen but Gary Oldman could be superb.

Yes. Just yes. My favourite Dracula. Wouldn't mind Alan Rickman either.

Original post by extermin8or

No. John Hurt betrayed the name of the doctor so isn't considered a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That depends.:eek:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Yes. Just yes. My favourite Dracula. Wouldn't mind Alan Rickman either.

No. John Hurt betrayed the name of the doctor so isn't considered a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they've been referring to him as "The Doctor" in interviews etc about the 50th. I'll still count him as it means this next doctor has to deal with the 13 regens limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well they've been referring to him as "The Doctor" in interviews etc about the 50th. I'll still count him as it means this next doctor has to deal with the 13 regens limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, remember what Clara said in the last episode "11 faces, all of them you". 11, not 12. Smith is that time-lords 12 regeneration, but he's the 11th doctor.

Oh, and afaik the 13 regenerations limit only applied when the time lords were around to enforce it (it's a political limit, not biological) Given they're locked in the time war, they can't enforce it and the doctor could conceivably keep on regenerating until he wants to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531724

The long wait is nearly over... on Sunday they're going to reveal who the next Doctor is.
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531724

The long wait is nearly over... on Sunday they're going to reveal who the next Doctor is.

What concerns me, is the fact that this live show hasn't been advertised ... it's not in the tv guides or anything. So what about fans who don't go on forums, how will they know to watch it? :s-smilie:
Original post by Maid Marian
What concerns me, is the fact that this live show hasn't been advertised ... it's not in the tv guides or anything. So what about fans who don't go on forums, how will they know to watch it? :s-smilie:

It'll probably turn up on iPlayer or something afterwards, and even if it does not, it'll probably be on the news the next day anyway...

Yeh it's weird, it wasn't even on the Sky TV guide when I looked this morning, it just had news, mastermind etc. It all seems very sudden, I wonder if they are trying to reveal it before it gets revealed by the newspapers.

So much for the whole 'we don't know who it is yet, we're still auditioning people' that Moffat kept saying, I knew it was rubbish.
Rule no. 1: Moffat lies.

It was also announced on Twitter and there's an article on the BBC, so hopefully most fans will find out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1873
Apparently there was an embargo on it being (officially) announced before midnight last night.
I think they're going to start advertising it nowish. There's a trailer on the BBC website.
There's no way surely that the new Doctor won't be leaked beforehand? The BBC aint lucky like that normally.

Original post by JordanS94
I just had to explain the Sean Bean bit.

Both Olivia Coleman and Sean Bean stared in Accused this year. Sean Bean was in a different episode and played an transvestite called Tracy... She's not just good at comedy her performance in Accused earned her a Bafta :wink:

Ahhh merci, for some reason I forgot that show had different storylines, I only remembered it as being the show with Sean Bean. If OC is so good in it though i'll have to watch it :biggrin:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
There's no way surely that the new Doctor won't be leaked beforehand? The BBC aint lucky like that normally.

They did really well with a few things though. When Matt Smith was announced there was no leak, and when JLC appeared in Asylum of the Daleks no one knew that that was coming. It's possible that it'll be kept under wraps.
Sunday is probably when we will get to see the trailer for the 50th too.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Nah, remember what Clara said in the last episode "11 faces, all of them you". 11, not 12. Smith is that time-lords 12 regeneration, but he's the 11th doctor.

Oh, and afaik the 13 regenerations limit only applied when the time lords were around to enforce it (it's a political limit, not biological) Given they're locked in the time war, they can't enforce it and the doctor could conceivably keep on regenerating until he wants to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

also in 'lets kill hitler' didn't River give the Dr all of her remaining regeneration energy?
Original post by Feefifofum
They did really well with a few things though. When Matt Smith was announced there was no leak, and when JLC appeared in Asylum of the Daleks no one knew that that was coming. It's possible that it'll be kept under wraps.

That was such a good surprise :biggrin:

Original post by Mr.Messy
Sunday is probably when we will get to see the trailer for the 50th too.

I hope so. Sunday has the potential to be SUCH a good day :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by gracecooke55
also in 'lets kill hitler' didn't River give the Dr all of her remaining regeneration energy?

She did but no idea if that would add regens and its looking likely if the dalek and the doctor from the time war are put and about then the master and the time lords must be too surely?

Quick Reply

Latest