The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
I did unit 3..but the written paper.
Hopefully I could bag a 60 UMS on it ..perhaps 58 at least.

I assume you got a gradient of 5.21x10^-34 Js :tongue: i got that as a gradient and i am so happy :smile:
I think the grade boundaries are going to be low for this paper since many people messed up their graphs - the last question was worth 45% of the whole paper!
Original post by x0x
I assume you got a gradient of 5.21x10^-34 Js :tongue: i got that as a gradient and i am so happy :smile:
I think the grade boundaries are going to be low for this paper since many people messed up their graphs - the last question was worth 45% of the whole paper!

Yes I got that but :banghead::banghead::banghead: forgot the units...were there marks for the units?
I am going to have a look at the marks schemes.:rolleyes:
I think the grade boundaries won't be that much different.
I did unit 3..but the written paper.
Hopefully I could bag a 60 UMS on it ..perhaps 58 at least.

I was on Foundation for the Unit 3 paper, but I found the topics easier, i.e. radiation cos it was covered in Unit 2 pretty similarly :tongue: are you taking it at alevel?
Original post by CelineBean
I was on Foundation for the Unit 3 paper, but I found the topics easier, i.e. radiation cos it was covered in Unit 2 pretty similarly :tongue: are you taking it at alevel?

What do you mean foundation for the unit 3?
Radiation in unit 2??
Your talking edexcel, right?

I am taking physics for A2 if that's what you asked.:tongue:
Original post by x0x
To be honest, i don't think it was that harsh :smile: Unit 2 has always been a unit about learning definitiois so that you can write them out succinctly and accurately during the exam.However, i do agree that it is extremely annoying since they change the answers to the same question from year to year. In a previous past paper there was a question worth 1 mark about defining what a photon is but since it was just one mark, saying that it is a discrete packet of energy is sufficient.
I don't think that the full UMS will be 70+ - perhaps in the range 64-68 ?
Good luck, i hope you get 120 UMS :tongue: let me know what you get :smile:

This is gonna be so close...

In Jan I got 92 UMS and didn't re-sit, like a lot of people. Now, I need to get 91 UMS to get an A thanks to a good coursework grade.

I think I've got between 52-57, do you think that will be enough to get 91? It's going to be so so close for me :frown:
What do you mean foundation for the unit 3?
Radiation in unit 2??
Your talking edexcel, right?

I am taking physics for A2 if that's what you asked.:tongue:

I most certainly am talking Edexcel, in triple science majority of us were made to do unit 3 foundation as everyone did bad in unit 2 :L
yeah there's like one or two topics on it in the syllabus I believe, or I could be confusing myself with unit 1 :') least that's what was in our revision guides aha! Oooh I couldn't do a2 physics I just about got it at gcse!
I most certainly am talking Edexcel, in triple science majority of us were made to do unit 3 foundation as everyone did bad in unit 2 :L
yeah there's like one or two topics on it in the syllabus I believe, or I could be confusing myself with unit 1 :') least that's what was in our revision guides aha! Oooh I couldn't do a2 physics I just about got it at gcse!

Now I am thoroughly confused. :confused:
What were the topics in unit 1 and 2?
Your talking AS right?
Now I am thoroughly confused. :confused:
What were the topics in unit 1 and 2?
Your talking AS right?

No I'm talking GCSE :s-smilie: whoops :colondollar:
No I'm talking GCSE :s-smilie: whoops :colondollar:

Knew it!
Ahahah! Gotcha for trolling :smile:
Knew it!
Ahahah! Gotcha for trolling :smile:

My bad, I actually feel like a right nonce now :colondollar: I'm new to TSR so don't judge me xD I was just looking for a forum for the exam I'm going on abotu so I presumed this was it :rolleyes:
Reply 1050
Original post by StephenNaulls
This is gonna be so close...

In Jan I got 92 UMS and didn't re-sit, like a lot of people. Now, I need to get 91 UMS to get an A thanks to a good coursework grade.

I think I've got between 52-57, do you think that will be enough to get 91? It's going to be so so close for me :frown:

96 UMS is - usually - around 53-56 so yeah I think you have a good chance :tongue:
When I do past papers I actually take the trouble to input my mark in a spreadsheet I downloaded from edexcel to see what ums i'd get after doing and marking past papers.
Good luck :smile: Can't wait to hear the good news from you!
Reply 1051
Yes I got that but :banghead::banghead::banghead: forgot the units...were there marks for the units?
I am going to have a look at the marks schemes.:rolleyes:
I think the grade boundaries won't be that much different.

Yeah there is a mark for units :tongue:
We shall see on the 14th :wink: about the grade boundaries ...
Original post by x0x
Yeah there is a mark for units :tongue:
We shall see on the 14th :wink: about the grade boundaries ...

Dammit. You ruined my day.:mad:
Reply 1053
Dammit. You ruined my day.:mad:

I am sorry but I had to tell you ...
who knows, you might end up with 58+ UMS out of 60 :tongue:
Btw what is your UMS for unit 1?
Original post by x0x
I am sorry but I had to tell you ...
who knows, you might end up with 58+ UMS out of 60 :tongue:
Btw what is your UMS for unit 1?

I can say my UMS only on august 15th.
But I ruined that paper.there was no ****ing time. I left out about 7 question parts I still expect a 120 UMS.....if only only the grade boundary is 64 for 120... :banghead:
Reply 1055
I can say my UMS only on august 15th.
But I ruined that paper.there was no ****ing time. I left out about 7 question parts I still expect a 120 UMS.....if only only the grade boundary is 64 for 120... :banghead:

Actually for unit 1 (Jan 2013) 64 was exactly the mark you needed for 120 UMS :tongue:
But I doubt 64 will be the cap mark for unit 2 since in my opinion it was easier than unit 1.
Original post by x0x
96 UMS is - usually - around 53-56 so yeah I think you have a good chance :tongue:
When I do past papers I actually take the trouble to input my mark in a spreadsheet I downloaded from edexcel to see what ums i'd get after doing and marking past papers.
Good luck :smile: Can't wait to hear the good news from you!

Oh my days, if I miss out by 1/2 UMS I'll cry. Good luck, I hope you get the grade you want!
Reply 1057
Original post by StephenNaulls
Oh my days, if I miss out by 1/2 UMS I'll cry. Good luck, I hope you get the grade you want!

I hope that doesn't happen :smile:
I hope you get the grade you want, too. Good luck!
Original post by x0x
Actually for unit 1 (Jan 2013) 64 was exactly the mark you needed for 120 UMS :tongue:
But I doubt 64 will be the cap mark for unit 2 since in my opinion it was easier than unit 1.

I agree :thumbup:
69 is my guess.
Reply 1059
Yeah .. I guess it will be in the range 68-72

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending