Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton PGCE 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey all,

My I observational placement is booked but the school I am doing it in only opens from 10th September so the 1st 3 days of placement I can't do. I know my friend is in same situation. We have been trying to contact Roehampton for weeks but no response. Any ideas if this would be okay or is anyone else in the same boat?

Alicia xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by aliciads
Hey all,

My I observational placement is booked but the school I am doing it in only opens from 10th September so the 1st 3 days of placement I can't do. I know my friend is in same situation. We have been trying to contact Roehampton for weeks but no response. Any ideas if this would be okay or is anyone else in the same boat?

Alicia xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Send an email to this address explaining your situation.

[email protected]
Reply 82
Original post by Mikey
I made mine back in April and it took about a month when I remove the problems I had (didn't realise I hadn't changed my home address for a while so parents' evidence requests got sent to wrong place)

Do you know whether or not your first payment will be before the 16th of September? Student Finance have the course officially beginning then, whereas in reality it begins on the 2nd for us during induction week. But they did add that Roehampton can update the course start-date to the 2nd.
Reply 83
Original post by Meus
Send an email to this address explaining your situation.

[email protected]

Thanks meus, already have done and had no reply. Also left a message on the answer phone if Alexandra too. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Meus
Do you know whether or not your first payment will be before the 16th of September? Student Finance have the course officially beginning then, whereas in reality it begins on the 2nd for us during induction week. But they did add that Roehampton can update the course start-date to the 2nd.

It lists the 16th as the date I receive funding but then is contradicted when it says online that I will receive payment 3 to 4 days after enrolling. I assume it will be the latter but will prepare for the former.
Reply 85
I'm in room 207 so it looks like we'll be flat mates!x
Reply 86
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a palaver sorting observational placements too, mostly because I'm moving from Wales and don't complete my notice at my current workplace until 6th September :/.

I'm going to be studying Secondary English and staying in halls too, rm 110 :smile:.

I'm also 24 and hoping I'm not going to feel like a Gran!

x
Hey, I was thinking of doing an undergraduate primary teaching degree here although I don't have the required A-level grades. I'm a male and would be considered a mature students (23!) has anyone else gained entrance outside of the standard requirements?

Thanks in advance!
Hi everyone,

I received an email a week ago inviting me to an interview on the 7th! This week has been such a whirlwind and I am feeling extremely overwhelmed!

I have complied a portfolio, as have worked within a school for 6 years, so have tried to reflect my experiences and knowledge within this and backed up work with TES news.

My presentation is based upon Numicon, a numeracy tool- I am bringing the activity with me and will speak about : what Numicon is, how it can be used to educate children with a range of learning levels and activities which can be used to develop certain mathematical skills!

I am panicking, as you can probably tell!! I just need some reassurance that the interviews aren't as bad as I am imagining. I am not normally a worrier but with short notice, skills tests to complete and handing in my notice at work- it's all a little too much!

:smile:
Thanks guys-

Reply 89
Original post by Martharead90
Hi everyone,

I received an email a week ago inviting me to an interview on the 7th! This week has been such a whirlwind and I am feeling extremely overwhelmed!

I have complied a portfolio, as have worked within a school for 6 years, so have tried to reflect my experiences and knowledge within this and backed up work with TES news.

My presentation is based upon Numicon, a numeracy tool- I am bringing the activity with me and will speak about : what Numicon is, how it can be used to educate children with a range of learning levels and activities which can be used to develop certain mathematical skills!

I am panicking, as you can probably tell!! I just need some reassurance that the interviews aren't as bad as I am imagining. I am not normally a worrier but with short notice, skills tests to complete and handing in my notice at work- it's all a little too much!

:smile:
Thanks guys-

I found my interview very relaxed and informal :-) I only had 2 weeks experience and was fine so you will have lots to talk about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Mikey, just feels extremely daunting!
Reply 91
Original post by Martharead90
Thank you Mikey, just feels extremely daunting!

6 years experience? If they are doing interviews this late, then I would imagine it'll just be a formality for someone of your background. I imagine it'll end up more of a conversation than an interview for you. Let us know how it goes anyway.
Meus, I currently work within a mainstream primary school which has a SEN centre. I teach within the centre and I have done since I was 17!! I studied for my degree as I worked, combining both. I often take Art and PE lessons for mainstream classes too.

I really hope so- it's all last minute, and although I have experience, I am rubbish under pressure, I will let you all know though- thank you very much :smile:
Reply 93
Hey!

I signed up to this at the very beginning of Summer and haven't been on since!

I am desperately in need of someone to give me a hand...

Today I rang up Roe to investigate as to why I haven't recieved any emails/reading lists/term dates etc.
I received an automated response, outlining the "Alternative Placement" which we has been suggested that we complete before the beginning of term.

This is a problem for me, as I haven't been sent the starter pack as I appear not be on their email system... The course convenor is away, so there is no way I can obtain this before 20th August, which is leaving it pretty late...!

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forward their starter pack to me, I would be forever grateful and buy you nice gifts and food during the term for ever more.... I'm pretty gutted I'm not up to date on everything so far.

Thanks so much if SOMEONE could - it really would make my day!

My email address is:

[email protected]

Thanks,
Alice
Reply 94
Original post by AliceLF
Hey!

I signed up to this at the very beginning of Summer and haven't been on since!

I am desperately in need of someone to give me a hand...

Today I rang up Roe to investigate as to why I haven't recieved any emails/reading lists/term dates etc.
I received an automated response, outlining the "Alternative Placement" which we has been suggested that we complete before the beginning of term.

This is a problem for me, as I haven't been sent the starter pack as I appear not be on their email system... The course convenor is away, so there is no way I can obtain this before 20th August, which is leaving it pretty late...!

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forward their starter pack to me, I would be forever grateful and buy you nice gifts and food during the term for ever more.... I'm pretty gutted I'm not up to date on everything so far.

Thanks so much if SOMEONE could - it really would make my day!

My email address is:

[email protected]

Thanks,
Alice

Hi Alice

I have sent you the booklet and other preparation materials :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I have just recently completed the PGCE at Roehampton university.

I had purchased books that I needed which i have kept in spanking brand new condition. I will be also posting this on a few other websites so they may be gone quickly. So if you are interested or looking specifically for a book, contact me ASAP.

Thanks

Neelab
Reply 96
I have just recently completed the PGCE at Roehampton university.

I had purchased books that I needed which i have kept in spanking brand new condition. I will be also posting this on a few other websites so they may be gone quickly. So if you are interested or looking specifically for a book, contact me ASAP.

Thanks

Neelab
Reply 97
The PGCE books I have for sale are as follows:

Literacy and Language in the Primary Years by Jane Medwell and David Wray (4 Apr 1991) - selling for £25
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Literacy-Language-Primary-Years-Medwell/dp/0415042119/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756119&sr=8-1&keywords=literacy+and+language+in+the+primary+years)

Educating Special Children: An Introduction to Provision for Pupils with Disabilities and Disorders by Michael Farrell - selling for £23
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Educating-Special-Children-Introduction-Disabilities/dp/0415463157/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756244&sr=8-2&keywords=educating+special+children)

Usborne Guide to Better English: Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation by R. Gee - selling for £4

Reading Under Control: Teaching Reading in the Primary School (David Fulton Books) by Judith Graham and Alison Kelly - selling for £15
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=reading+under+control&sprefix=reading+un%2Caps%2C171)

Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers by Derek Haylock - selling for £17
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mathematics-Explained-Primary-Teachers-Haylock/dp/1848601972/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756626&sr=8-1&keywords=mathematics+explained+for+primary+teachers)

Student Workbook for 'Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers' by Derek Haylock and Ralph Manning - selling for £12
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Workbook-Mathematics-Explained-Teachers/dp/1848604424/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756699&sr=8-2&keywords=mathematics+explained+for+primary+teachers)

Reflective Teaching 3rd Edition: Evidence-informed Professional Practice by Andrew Pollard - selling for £20
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reflective-Teaching-3rd-Edition-Evidence-informed/dp/0826493408/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756891&sr=8-1&keywords=reflective+teaching)

Teaching Young Children: Choices in Theory and Practice by Glenda Mac Naughton and Gillian Williams - selling for £18
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teaching-Young-Children-Choices-Practice/dp/0335235921/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756857&sr=8-1&keywords=teaching+young+children)

A Teacher's Guide to Classroom Research [Paperback]
David Hopkins (4th edition) - selling for £20 ono
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Teachers-Guide-Classroom-Research/dp/0335221742/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756372&sr=8-1&keywords=a+teachers+guide+to+classroom+research+4th+edition)

Doing Your Early Years Research Project: A Step by Step Guide by Guy Roberts-Holmes - selling for £18
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doing-Early-Years-Research-Project/dp/1849205205/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376756727&sr=8-1&keywords=doing+your+early+years+research+project)

Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First-Time Researchers in Education, Health and Social Science (Open... by Judith Bell - selling for £15
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doing-Your-Research-Project-Researchers/dp/0335235824/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376757223&sr=8-1&keywords=doing+your+research+project+judith+bell)

The books are are ALL brand new and unused - but are a couple pounds less than amazon. I had ordered two lots before I started the course, one lot was for a friend who then was unable to start the course, hence me selling her books now. Let me know if you want any
Hi I'm having an interview this Friday just wondering how was the interview for everyone?
Reply 99
Original post by Arwen Black
Hi I'm having an interview this Friday just wondering how was the interview for everyone?

Hey!

Umm for me, I knew when I came out I did the best I could. Nothing went majorly wrong. Apart from maybe the English test...I did guess some of the punctuation bit.
With the presentation. I made sure I showed confidence despite being really nervous. I volunteered to go first and by doing that it made it so much easier. Over and done with and it shows confidence.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending