The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenAssirati
I did almost exactly the same GCSEs (or iGCSEs) as you (except geography>spanish) :O What are you doing for A-Levels?

Seriously? :O did you take AQA IGCSE science?

4 of:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Spanish, Philosophy+Ethics

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
Seriously? :O did you take AQA IGCSE science?

4 of:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Spanish, Philosophy+Ethics

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I did AQA Chemistry and Biology, and CIE Physics :smile:

English Lit, Geography, Maths, Further Maths, and Philosophy + Ethics :smile:
I think I did AQA Chemistry and Biology, and CIE Physics :smile:

English Lit, Geography, Maths, Further Maths, and Philosophy + Ethics :smile:

I AM SO WORRIED ABOUT THE CHEMISTRY RESULT BECAUSE I THINK I SCORED 0 ON PAPER 2😰😰

Awesome :smile: I really enjoy P+E :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
I AM SO WORRIED ABOUT THE CHEMISTRY RESULT BECAUSE I THINK I SCORED 0 ON PAPER 2������������

Awesome :smile: I really enjoy P+E :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one was paper 2? All of the science exams just molded into one big screw up for me :frown: Yeah I know, P+E is amazing, I am definitely doing Philosophy at Uni (or Philosophy and Theology if I apply to Oxford)
Reply 1584
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Hey,

Thanks for the answer. Dentistry sounds good too :smile: I'm just a bit uncomfortable sticking my fingers in people's mouths on a daily basis lol. I don't like the 'not as much' part :/ but I'm gonna think about medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking about doing dentistry as well, and as for being set financially if you're a doctor, that is far from true. I know this as both my parents are doctors and so is basically everyone in my family, and everyday my parents complain about how management does them over and my 46 year old dad used to do 48 hour on-calls and still had to go to work the next day until he made the management dept in surgery change the rules as they were working more than what the European Time Directive allows. It can take 20 years before a medical graduate can become a consultant and that is when you actually start earning proper money. Jobs like accounting etc. earn a lot more after this amount of time and with dentistry you don't have on calls and you can have a private practice and still do NHS cases in the same place. Don't be fooled by common misconceptions about how doctors are really rich from the off!
Which one was paper 2? All of the science exams just molded into one big screw up for me :frown: Yeah I know, P+E is amazing, I am definitely doing Philosophy at Uni (or Philosophy and Theology if I apply to Oxford)

The one where you had to draw the structural formula of an ester, the really difficult one :frown: physics and chemistry were bad, biology I didn't find too bad but wow, that examiner looooved penguins :lol:

I just like arguing with people :lol: it's great, haha, the staff that teach it at my school are brilliant as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sligo and Tipperary, you Irish too? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm not so familiar with there. :frown:
Yep, I'm from the North. :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
Ah I'm not so familiar with there. :frown:
Yep, I'm from the North. :smile:

Ah, they're in the west and south :')

My boyfriend is northern Irish :') Irish people are the best (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths would be my worst nightmare :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha i'm good at maths though :smile:
Original post by techno836
haha i'm good at maths though :smile:

Haha, my strengths lie elsewhere :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, my strengths lie elsewhere :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha ahh well should always play to your strengths :smile:
Reply 1591
Hi, just a general question, tbh I thought this thread is boring and very off topic by just talking about exams, so I thought I'd ask what is the best outcome and worse outcome you think u'll get in GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The one where you had to draw the structural formula of an ester, the really difficult one :frown: physics and chemistry were bad, biology I didn't find too bad but wow, that examiner looooved penguins :lol:

I just like arguing with people :lol: it's great, haha, the staff that teach it at my school are brilliant as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that one :wink: That was torture. I LOVE PENGUINS SO THAT MADE ME HAPPY :biggrin: Yeah I know, the good thing about Philosophy is I can just give my opinion and be angry and I get full marks :P
I'm way pasted my GCSE days hahaha
But good luck to everyone with their results this summer ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, they're in the west and south :')

My boyfriend is northern Irish :') Irish people are the best (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know where they are, just don't know them so well! Been to Sligo only once when I was younger and never been to Tipp!

Haha we're a great bunch of lads! (except for the religion bit up North, but we can ignore that :tongue:). It's great finding Irish people, met a fella from Antrim today in London thanks to my top.

What part is he from? :redface: Did he move to England?
Original post by LewisC
Hi, just a general question, tbh I thought this thread is boring and very off topic by just talking about exams, so I thought I'd ask what is the best outcome and worse outcome you think u'll get in GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hard question as nearly all of mine I know what i'll probably get as I needed such low marks not too :/

Best outcome though is if I do get an A* in maths stats and English lit .... worst i'll just get A's so its not that worse
Ah that one :wink: That was torture. I LOVE PENGUINS SO THAT MADE ME HAPPY :biggrin: Yeah I know, the good thing about Philosophy is I can just give my opinion and be angry and I get full marks :P

I thought it was supposed to be the experimental paper so I saw all the questions on adaption and I was like 'oh God...', don't get me wrong, penguins are awesome but it was like, half the paper :lol:

Isn't it just a great subject? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know where they are, just don't know them so well! Been to Sligo only once when I was younger and never been to Tipp!

Haha we're a great bunch of lads! (except for the religion bit up North, but we can ignore that :tongue:). It's great finding Irish people, met a fella from Antrim today in London thanks to my top.

What part is he from? :redface: Did he move to England?

I'm the other way around, been to Tipperary but never Sligo :')

Okay, we'll let that slide :wink: that's cool, what did it say? I want a 'kiss me, I'm Irish' tshirt, just because it's cool (y) he's Belfast, but he's lived in England all his life, like me :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm the other way around, been to Tipperary but never Sligo :')

Okay, we'll let that slide :wink: that's cool, what did it say? I want a 'kiss me, I'm Irish' tshirt, just because it's cool (y) he's Belfast, but he's lived in England all his life, like me :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tipperary was voted 'Least sexiest accent in Ireland', so there you go!

It was a school Gaelic top that represented a project our school does when we go to Zambia every other year and they sell these tops to raise money. :smile:

I know Belfast pretty well, does he have a Norn Irish accent? Or an English one?
Tipperary was voted 'Least sexiest accent in Ireland', so there you go!

It was a school Gaelic top that represented a project our school does when we go to Zambia every other year and they sell these tops to raise money. :smile:

I know Belfast pretty well, does he have a Norn Irish accent? Or an English one?

GOOD ONE FAMILY! :lol:

That's pretty cool, we have wristbands for that :')

No, English one :') his dad's accent's pretty strong though. My dad has this mixture of Irish and Brummie :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest