The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craigenhogen
Saying I'll be studying political ideology though makes me sound old and grey haired though :tongue:

I never thought of asking them that, that might just persuade them! Thanks Hype, you're awesome

Edit: I would give you some pos rep but I've reached the limit for today :colonhash:

Haha, no problem! I'm just happy to help. :h:
Reply 181
What exams did you sit?

I had a very easy year, H Geography, H Media Studies, Int 2 Maths

What were you predicted for your exams?

AAA, but I'm feelings more ABA respectively

How are you feeling about results day?
Totally fine, I already have my place at University so my grades don't really matter this year. I still want to do well though, for my pride's sake.

How are you receiving your results?
Through text and email and post, hahaha.

What are your next steps?

Starting Glasgow Uni in September to study Psychology :smile:

What exams did you sit? Higher:Biology,Chemistry,Physics,Maths &English

What were you predicted for your exams? Not sure about Predictions but in my first set of prelims I got Biology A, Chemistry B, Maths B, Physics C, English C

How do you feel your predictions will compare to your actual results?

Well I sincerely hope I have done better in my actual exams, Maths is actually meant to be my best subject but the first prelim was extremely difficult, all the usual top students didn't get above the 80% mark which is saying something, the final mathematics exam had a bit of a trick question where it asked you to factorise something and it wasn't factorisable so I was just sitting there like, they've written the question wrong and I also missed out the last 7 mark question as I didn't see it, yes I am that silly. As for everything else think I got Biology A, Chemistry B, Physics C and English C

How are you feeling about results day (nervous, excited, etc.)? Yeah nervous yet excited as I got a real nice surprise last year for my standard grades

How are you receiving your results (post, email, text)? By post, I'd hate to get them by email or text, like opening up the official thing, although last year my brother was the first person to see my results and he read then out to me. This year I'm opening them myself and if they are okay I might tell people them hehe.

What are your next steps (Highers, university, etc.)? Well for 6th year I am doing advanced higher Biology, Int 2 Psychology and higher modern studies. Then i would like to go to university, I really really want to get into Edinburgh uni as I live in Edinburgh, my brother got 2 A's and 2 B's in 5th year and was rejected from Edinburgh, so seems pretty tough to get in. If not Edinburgh, definitely Heriot Watt. Heriot Watt also having a horse riding club which competes, so at least I won't miss out on that if I don't get into Edinburgh.

Hope everyone else gets better than they hoped for and gets into a good uni. Might even meet some of you next year, I'm planning on studying Biology at uni.

P.s sorry I can't seem to get rid of these fricken bullet points

Reply 183
Anybody here write their exams in pencil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This year is the final year of SQA results for me!

AH Chemistry, AH Biology, H French
Predicted: AAA
Hoping I meet the predictions
Haven't really been thinking about results day much at all! Quite relaxed.
It's by far the least stressful for me and I'm actually mainly thinking about my brother's standard grade results than mine!
Receiving my results via post, email and text

Uni in September! Super excited!!! :smile:
Luckily got an unconditional offer, so I can confidently say for once - medicine, here I come! :biggrin:

Reply 185
Original post by Jwrno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't it state that you can only write in black and blue ink unless it is maths or graphics or the questions states it ?
Original post by Jwrno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its cool, my teacher said if you write in pencil it forces them to hand mark it.
They wont bin it or anything, they will just be annoyed.
What exams did you sit?

Higher maths, english, chemistry, biology and geography

i'm predicted to get AAAAB or AAAAA but considering how difficult all my exams were this year, i think my grades will be BBBCC or below.

How are you feeling about results day (nervous, excited, etc.)?

bricking it. so petrified i can't even explain. these results are so important yet i know i've done so badly, it's a crushing feeling.

How are you receiving your results (post, email, text)?

all of 'em. last year i got my email results before 1am, text at 3am and post at like 1pm because the postie decided to be super late.

What are your next steps (Highers, university, etc.)?

if i get the grades i need: advanced higher biology, chemistry, statistics and int 2 physics. applying to university for 2015 entry and taking a gap year.

if i dont: advanced biology plus whatever resits/other highers i need for my back up course at university and applying for 2014 entry.

good luck everyone :smile:

Reply 188
Original post by FeelingofSuccess

Uni in September! Super excited!!! :smile:
Luckily got an unconditional offer, so I can confidently say for once - medicine, here I come! :biggrin:

Where are you going to uni? :smile:
Reply 189
Had another dream last night.. the first in a while about my results and they were exactly what i needed. I was so pleased, hopefully that is the case on results day or i exceed what i actually need and get A's:smile:
Reply 190
@pennyacrade Well I hope your teachers right haha
Reply 191
What exams did you sit? Standard grade Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French (ugh), Music and Modern Studies
All 1's
Hopefully there and thereabouts( but really i have no idea)
Scared, nervous, petrified etc etc. I was quite confident but over summer I have stupidly started to doubt myself :eek:
Old fashioned post
Highers: English, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology :biggrin:
Reply 192
What exams did you sit?
Higher:
Art, Graphic Communication, History, English, Computing
A, A, A, A, A/B
I think I will get 2-3A's and the rest B's
Very excited, can't wait to find out what my grades are...
Post, email and text. Last year I got the text on my paper round :biggrin:
Adv's in Art and Graphic communication, INT2 Creative cakes, and crashing Geography!
After that it'll be hopefully studying illustration/art in edinburgh/glasgow/dundee :smile:
Original post by lala4
Had another dream last night.. the first in a while about my results and they were exactly what i needed. I was so pleased, hopefully that is the case on results day or i exceed what i actually need and get A's:smile:

Same here! Hopefully we will get what we wanted or better!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by itsGrand131415
Same here! Hopefully we will get what we wanted or better!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do hope so yes:smile:.. Although i don't want to get my hopes up. I can tell the next few days are either going to go by extremely quickly or drag on haha!
Original post by lala4
I do hope so yes:smile:.. Although i don't want to get my hopes up. I can tell the next few days are either going to go by extremely quickly or drag on haha!

Yeah same here :/ hopefully it'll all be alright!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had too many dreams about my maths result , good and bad. But when I woke up from the good dreams I was gutted. Only if dreams came true.
I had a dream I got my results and i was looking at them but i couldnt read them for some reason :s-smilie:

EDIT: Just found out you cant read in dreams which is pretty cool :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
I had a dream I got 4 1s and 4 8s. I didn't realise in my dream that you couldn't get 8s and I thought I had done really badly.
Original post by lala4

I had my first ever school related dream last night. Nothing to do with my exam results, but my Chemistry project was unfinished on the day it was due and I felt a massive rush of panic to finish the write up. It was funny :tongue:

Original post by Pennyarcade

EDIT: Just found out you cant read in dreams which is pretty cool :tongue:

Come to think of it, I couldn't see what work I'd done or really see what I was doing with my report :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending