Original post by PonchoKid
Pretty sure someone is outside waiting to break into the house :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I very much doubt that anyone is. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
I very much doubt that anyone is. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lots of noises, locked the door then the cat started acting odd so came to bed. And upset my bf

Stupid ****ing side effects :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5462
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: All the best people are on Sertraline :smug: Or at least they were until I got taken off it. I'm still not sure why I was taken off it. I thought it was doing the job fine. Really helped to stabilise my mood and make little things bearable/even enjoyable sometimes :yes:

Aww I'm sorry to hear that! but it's nice to hear a positive experience :smile: :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Being in a situation where I should be happy seems to just make me cry now. :sad: And then I feel guilty for crying so I feel worse and that makes me cry even more which makes me feel more guilty, which makes me feel worse (and so on...). Thanks brain. :rolleyes: One of those days again. :sigh:

Awww lovely, I'm so sorry I wasn't around. Dad stole my laptop for his ebaying :mad: Hope you are asleep right now. Let's try and catch up later :hugs:

Original post by jaydoh
Thanks, but it's not the same.

I know :frown: :console: :hugs:

Original post by Idle
Aww I'm sorry to hear that! but it's nice to hear a positive experience :smile: :hugs:

It was definitely the best med combo I've had yet (200mg of Sertraline - highest dose possible - and 20mg aripiprazole). I was SO unimpressed when my psychiatrist said he was changing it but I have authority issues and can't/don't stand up for myself most of the time :colondollar:

Give it a good go - hope it works well for you :hugs:
Reply 5464
Original post by Idle

Sorry for going off topic!! But I only just realised you're section leader now!! Congratulations you deserved it :smile:
Reply 5465
Hey everyone, bit of an update.

Scott is gaining weight and very healthy. I've been fully discharged from the mental health unit and having my first CMHT meeting on Tuesday. Very busy with lots of appointments so not too much time to post a lot but I'm sure you'll hear more from me when things settle down a bit.

Superwolf & Anon1, I got your post today! May have been there for a few days as the studio is not open all the time but I got them today. Anon1 - amazing handmade card, nearly made me cry but our families are here so I held it in! Superwolf - the hat is amazing! Made everyone smile hugely when I opened it. Unfortunately Scott's head is too big for it! We are wondering if it can be stretched on washing or whether it will shrink? I really really want him to wear it so I can show you guys a photo! X
Fed up of questioning everything to do with my depression... It's driving me mad at the moment. :cry2:

Original post by Sabertooth
Certain members bite.

*looks suspiciously at superwolf*

superwolf roars too, at least on Skype... :tongue:

Original post by HmMusic

Scott is gaining weight and very healthy. I've been fully discharged from the mental health unit and having my first CMHT meeting on Tuesday. Very busy with lots of appointments so not too much time to post a lot but I'm sure you'll hear more from me when things settle down a bit.

Superwolf & Anon1, I got your post today! May have been there for a few days as the studio is not open all the time but I got them today. Anon1 - amazing handmade card, nearly made me cry but our families are here so I held it in! Superwolf - the hat is amazing! Made everyone smile hugely when I opened it. Unfortunately Scott's head is too big for it! We are wondering if it can be stretched on washing or whether it will shrink? I really really want him to wear it so I can show you guys a photo! X

:jumphug: Glad all is going well with you, and I'm pleased you got and liked the card! Suspect it's been there for a few days, as I sent it a couple of days after Scott was born. :smile: You may have guessed that I like stickers... :tongue:
Girlfriend is doing everything in her power to make me feel less attractive than I already feel. Been dress shopping and she's literally been making gasping noises whenever I got into anything in case I ripped it. Finally found a dress I mostly like and she just didn't have a reaction towards it at all. Not even a "you look less hideous in that than the other ones!"

I know I'm not stunning and thin and pretty or anything but she should at least try to make me feel less like a giant fat failure at least some of the time.

She said she's no good at shopping for women's clothes and that she has no opinion on them and that I should take somebody else. As though I have other people to take. So I started sobbing In the changing room in my underwear.

It's my friend's wedding reception. I haven't seen him or my other college friends since gaining this weight and I just needed her to say that I looked okay. Not pretty. Just okay. The lastd dress I wore was a brown tea dress with a red and cream vintage pattern and it was stunning and everyone said it was lovely and she said I looked like old curtains.

And she bleached my hair last week and screwed up. And then we had to bleach it again and she screwed that up too. And then she dyed it for me and missed massive sections so I went home and dyed it dark red myself but my hair is so wrecked that it's like straw and won't hold a colour so I'm now ginger too. And not a nice healthy ginger. Just had a fight in Tesco because I wanted to buy dark brown hair dye to just get rid of it and she said my hair looks dull brown and that she likes me better with red hair. I explained that red wasn't going to take because my hair is a complete mess and won't hold red pigment so she tried to reason with me to try red again.

I feel like I'm hideous. I'm a size 18, 5 ft tall and have giant boobs and bright orange hair. It's really not a good look.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic

Thanks for the update - good to hear from you. Good luck for Tuesday - will be thinking of you :h:

Original post by ParadoxSocks

I feel like I'm hideous. I'm a size 18, 5 ft tall and have giant boobs and bright orange hair. It's really not a good look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FYI, all the best people are short, size 18+ with giant boobs :yep: :hugs: :banana:
Reply 5469
Loneliness and isolation just eat away at you. I swear.
I have been meaning to reply to quite a few people on here but I've had a lot on and haven't been able to.

My mum has just been diagnosed with a form of brain tumour. I'm going back home tomorrow to see her, and hopefully she will be having surgery soon (NHS soon mind...).

Its complicated. She has long term health problems, and is in a lot of pain. They think if they remove the tumour then she may be better again, but the tumour may not be benign and then there is obvious issues with that. Feel so guilty for feeling bad and making my girlfriend and that worry.

Just blah. Doesn't feel real atm anyway. I'm scared its gonna hit me so hard when I get home and see her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
I have been meaning to reply to quite a few people on here but I've had a lot on and haven't been able to.

My mum has just been diagnosed with a form of brain tumour. I'm going back home tomorrow to see her, and hopefully she will be having surgery soon (NHS soon mind...).

Its complicated. She has long term health problems, and is in a lot of pain. They think if they remove the tumour then she may be better again, but the tumour may not be benign and then there is obvious issues with that. Feel so guilty for feeling bad and making my girlfriend and that worry.

Just blah. Doesn't feel real atm anyway. I'm scared its gonna hit me so hard when I get home and see her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: thats massively ****.
Hopefully the op happens soon and everything is fine!

Dont feel guilty about feeling bad! Your being so strong and are aloud to worry about your mum. After all she IS your mum!
:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something's going on and I don't know what to do :cry2:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5473
I feel horribly selfish posting this because it's such a small thing but I've been struggling with it for a while now. I tend to cycle between struggling to do anything and feeling like I can just about manage (with the help of meds, seriously impressed with how quickly I've improved) but being really lonely. Most of my friends from university live hours away and I don't feel like I'm close enough to any of them to go visit. My friends from college are all busy living their lives and making plans to do stuff. I get invited but it's rare that I can actually go and if I do I feel really anxious the whole time.
It's not like I'm alone all the time either, my parents are home quite a lot and I see other family but it just feels like I don't really have a social life and friends who are my age (or that I can talk to about stuff that I don't want to talk to my family about). I do see a couple of people about 1/week or so but it's rare that we do anything and it just seems to make me feel worse after I've met up with them. One friend who I have known for about 10 years knows what's going on MH-wise but trying to explain all the really Bad stuff is hard because she doesn't understand how I can feel like I do and also she keeps trying to get me back into a relationship with my ex which I don't think is a good idea. Just feeling a bit stuck really.
Reply 5474
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It was definitely the best med combo I've had yet (200mg of Sertraline - highest dose possible - and 20mg aripiprazole). I was SO unimpressed when my psychiatrist said he was changing it but I have authority issues and can't/don't stand up for myself most of the time :colondollar:

Give it a good go - hope it works well for you :hugs:

Aww you should have said something! But thank you :smile: :hugs:

Original post by IDukem
Sorry for going off topic!! But I only just realised you're section leader now!! Congratulations you deserved it :smile:

Thank you :colondollar:
Original post by Sultana
Hey, welcome to the thread :wavey:

Sorry things aren't going so well, but well done for getting an appointment set up, realising you have a problem and asking for help is often the hardest step. The appointment shouldn't be so bad. Generally most doctors will understand that it's difficult to talk about these things, but they will take you seriously and help you through it. If you do get a ****ty doctor (unlikely, but unfortunately it does happen) please don't be put of by it; you are more than entitled to go and see another one. If you go in there and say something like 'I think I have depression' then the doctor should take it from there and ask you questions to figure out whats going on. They'll most likely get you to do a questionnaire - will probably be the PHQ9 or one very similar which you can google if you like. If you're worried you might forget things you can always write down a list of your symptoms to remind yourself, or even just hand it over if you get tongue tied (I do this all the time cos I'm beyond terrible at talking and they don't mind a bit, it's helpful for them to know exactly what's going on). You could even just print out the last paragraph of your post; it explains things pretty well. Then they will talk through some treatment options for you and probably ask you to come back in a couple of weeks to see how things are. I hope it goes well :smile:

Thank you, that really helps a lot. I guess I'll post again once the appointment's over!
:wavey: Hey :smile: How is everyone? No idea if anyone is actually up at this time :ninja:

"Silence will fall when the question is asked" - What question though eh? Hmm :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear that :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry mate *hugs* :hugs:
Had a bit of a problem with OCD yesterday but its given me a brilliant idea so it's all worked out well in the end.
Spoilers just incase but it shouldn't be at all triggering:

Spoiler

It's obvious now that I've thought if it but I'm still rather proud of myself :smile:

I also don't need to go on holiday for the full two weeks anymore. I'm getting a plane back after the first week then staying with a friend near home. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest