The Student Room Group

Has anyone been to the Bartlett Summer School?

I'm thinking of applying to the Bartlett School of Architecture Summer School 2013, and I was wondering if anyone has been? and what it was like?
I've sent an e-mail for more information but I haven't got a reply yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jemima1810
I'm thinking of applying to the Bartlett School of Architecture Summer School 2013, and I was wondering if anyone has been? and what it was like?
I've sent an e-mail for more information but I haven't got a reply yet.

hi

I'm going to the summer school this year in august! Are you?
I ended up calling Michelle Bush like 5 times to get her to reply.
Reply 2
Yes I'm going!

It took three e-mails before she replied... I guess she was busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
OMG, yay!!

Have you got the email about the agenda thing, it sounds really interesting. How comes your going, are you interested in pursuing a career in architecture?
Reply 4
Yep I got it! I guess we get put in 4 groups?

I want to do architecture at university. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I think so, I guess that could be good because there is like 80 of us, so it will be easier in that sense.

Same, I want to became an architect. What year are you in?
Reply 6
I'm going into Year 13. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I was reading a UCL prospectus and I saw it was 17 applications per place. Good luck lol.
Reply 8
I'm not that keen on the UCL course but this will probably sway my decision to apply or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ah, I am going into year 12.... hmm, what uni's are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 10
Bath, Nottingham, Sheffield, UCL and I'm still looking around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Ah okay, what subjects are you taking for your Alevels? I am still trying to work out if I took the right ones or not!
Reply 12
Art, Maths, Biology and Classical Civilisation. Art is essential, maths is essential in a few places. Physics is probably the most popular science for architecture and recommended by some unis, but I prefer biology... I chose classics just because I like it and it makes my choices more varied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Art, Maths, Biology and Classical Civilisation. Art is essential, maths is essential in a few places. Physics is probably the most popular science for architecture and recommended by some unis, but I prefer biology... I chose classics just because I like it and it makes my choices more varied.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot believe it, but I have chosen the exact same ones! Wow, that is very reassuring because my school was not happy that I was taking 2 sciences and 2 arts... I am also doing an EPQ which is worth an As level. Wow, that is so weird- how are you finding them?
I have finished reading the Odyssey and some of the Classics textbooks, I have also started to read the Biology As level however I keep getting distracted and I have only got through the first 10 pages...
I understand what you mean about Physics, everyone was trying to convince me to take physic instead, but I find Bio so much more interesting and the idea of doing Maths and Physics is too much hassle as I do not enjoy very much of either subject.
Reply 14
No way! That's so strange!
Umm Art is double the work but I love it so that keeps me going. Biology gets hard but because I find it interesting it's usually tolerable. Maths is quite hard, I know lots of people hate maths but I'm one of the strange ones that love it so again I cope just because I like what I'm learning. Classics I guess it depends on what modules you do but I did the odyssey and art and architecture, it helps that you've read the odyssey because you know what to expect and you've already formed opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yep maths and physics sounds a bit horrible to me, but I guess some people like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
No way! That's so strange!
Umm Art is double the work but I love it so that keeps me going. Biology gets hard but because I find it interesting it's usually tolerable. Maths is quite hard, I know lots of people hate maths but I'm one of the strange ones that love it so again I cope just because I like what I'm learning. Classics I guess it depends on what modules you do but I did the odyssey and art and architecture, it helps that you've read the odyssey because you know what to expect and you've already formed opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okies, well I was expecting art to be lots of work ugh, what is you theme/start point etc? Yep I knowhowyou feel, it's my favourite science... Oh that's good, I am not a big fan of maths but I am quite good at it -is it a big step from gcse? Okay, we have set modules we have to take based on literature. For example we study the illad, the odyssey etc. It's good that you Are given the option to do something related to architecture!

Okay I'll hopefully next hear from you at the architecture course, see you tomorrow!
Reply 17
We started with the theme structures then chose from options for the second unit. Maths is quite a big step and if your doing edexcel? and there is not a whole lot from GCSE.
Well our modules were all set but I'm so happy we got an architecture unit.

Yep see you later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Okay...ur system is quite different... Oh I am doing OCR I think? How did you find the course? What group are u, I am in group 4!
Reply 19
Oh okay then
It was introduction stuff for us, but it was interesting! We're going to Southbank tomorrow :smile: I'm in group 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending