The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure Cesc will give it at least one more season (where he's not one of the main starters) before he seriously considers leaving. Not like his World Cup place is in jeopardy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7741
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official 43m
Happy for the good start, we've got the Gamper that is always special for us! #fcblive #gamper

His tweet points to him staying
Original post by rohitbd
Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official 43m
Happy for the good start, we've got the Gamper that is always special for us! #fcblive #gamper

His tweet points to him staying

I really don't see how, he's simply commenting on the win. He's still a Barcelona at the moment so why would he not be happy to get a couple of goals.

If he was that sure he'd just come and and say the rumours aren't true, but he refuses to comment. Strange is it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'm sure Cesc will give it at least one more season (where he's not one of the main starters) before he seriously considers leaving. Not like his World Cup place is in jeopardy.

:facepalm2: He started 30 league games last season. You guys are looking for something that isnt there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7744
If United still want Fabregas I think they should just offer £40m, if that's rejected then that should be the end of it.
Original post by CB91
:facepalm2: He started 30 league games last season. You guys are looking for something that isnt there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's never one of the first names on the team-sheet, or even in the starting line-up for the big games. If Barcelona were in the Champions League final last season, would he have started? Would he have even come off the bench? Doubt it.
Reply 7746
The decision is up to Cesc, according to their new manager. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23559646
Id take 45 million for Cesc, then go and buy Oliver Torres :colone:

Original post by Akkuz
The decision is up to Cesc, according to their new manager. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23559646

Odd I swear Cesc said it was up to Barcelona a while back :rofl:

Barcelona Management: "No you decide"

Cesc: "No you guys"

Management: "no you"

Cesc: " No you guys seriously!"

Management: "okay you're gone" :laugh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Fabregas could have said by now he wants to stay. The fact the barca coach can't say for certain he's staying tells me he's on his way to united.
He's going nowhere believe me
Original post by member9876
Fabregas could have said by now he wants to stay. The fact the barca coach can't say for certain he's staying tells me he's on his way to united.

Sure it does :rolleyes:
Scholes is going to be sorely missed next season
Original post by Akkuz

Well, that sounds far more positive than 'he's going nowhere'. I don't think he's even commented on it yet. If there was absolutely no chance, he would come out and say he's staying.

I have a little hope.
Original post by CB91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Played 700 minutes less than Carrick did in the league.

A lot of the minutes came from playing his false 9 role anyway.Neymar = 1 less attacking spot = 1 less spot Fabregas can occupy to get enough minutes.

Subbed off during alot, a good half, of his starts anyway.

Notoriously not played or subbed off during many important games.

Looking for something that isnt there? Not at all, its there for everyone to see.
(edited 10 years ago)
Cescs preferred midfield place is taken by the Spanish barca trio anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Cescs preferred midfield place is taken by the Spanish barca trio anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of whom isn't getting younger and playing time will only increase.
Original post by Malevolent
One of whom isn't getting younger and playing time will only increase.

Does the management at Barcelona even see Cesc as Xavi's heir? When they first brought him in, I thought it was obvious, but I feel less sure about it all the time.
Original post by member9876

He's already said he wants to stay. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7758
This has started again. I thought the original theory was that Cesc would only leave Barca if Barca wanted him to leave........
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Does the management at Barcelona even see Cesc as Xavi's heir? When they first brought him in, I thought it was obvious, but I feel less sure about it all the time.

I don't see anyone right now as Xavi's heir, right now I'm thinking Iniesta as he ages a bit maybe he can drop back and give Cesc the more attacking role but right now as I said no one in the squad I can see apart from Busquets but hes not going to be moved any time soon so.

Original post by 419
This has started again. I thought the original theory was that Cesc would only leave Barca if Barca wanted him to leave........

What I thought. First it was up to Barcelona now its up to Cesc :laugh:

Latest