The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So Ferrer drawn in Murrays half half and Djokovic gets Nadal..I would love to see Nadal Djokovic battle it out so really hoping for no upsets with either of them:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7001
Original post by usamakhanlodhi
So Ferrer drawn in Murrays half half and Djokovic gets Nadal..I would love to see Nadal Djokovic battle it out so really hoping for no upsets with either of them:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Murray got the lucky half. Potential Delpo in the quarters though, he seems do be drawn with Delpo a lot.
Dmitrov 2nd round, Baghdatis/Fognini 3rd, Delpo QF, Berdych/Ferrer semis... 4 competitive matches for Andy before the final.

Winning masters is tough. 5 matches in 5 days, especially if you end up with a 200 minute 3 setter.
Reply 7003
Nadal- Janowicz in R3 could be an exciting match.
Is Montreal a fast hard court like paris?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7005
Original post by usamakhanlodhi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal vs Nole Potential Semi?
Reply 7006
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Is Montreal a fast hard court like paris?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paris has been slowed down since 2010 and Montreal is Medium/fast
Reply 7007
Original post by ubi1
Nadal vs Nole Potential Semi?

Yep.
Reply 7008
Original post by Prendah
Yep.

Nole is most likely to win and take revenge for his RG defeat but if Rafa can sneak in this win he may go on to win the trophy.
ATP Draw Challenge has opened up again. I'm going to go for a Djokovic-Murray final, but if an in-form Del Potro turns up, he could wreck all my plans ...
Players like del Potro are great for spectators bur horrible for draw predicting and betting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Players like del Potro are great for spectators bur horrible for draw predicting and betting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truer words have never been spoken. And as for the winner, my pick is going to be Murray, based purely on their previous (and only) meeting at the Rogers Cup
Original post by Krish4791
ATP Draw Challenge has opened up again. I'm going to go for a Djokovic-Murray final, but if an in-form Del Potro turns up, he could wreck all my plans ...

just filled out a prediction..

hard though - I think ive gone a little obvious, but I really wanted to put janowicz to cause an upset and beat nadal..

Edit - thanks ubi....
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
just filled out a prediction..

hard though - I think ive gone a little obvious, but I really wanted to put janowicz to cause an upset and beat nadal..

Yeah, I've gone with the assumption that Nadal will eventually prevail in 3 sets and go right through to the semis. Then again, it's not clay so anything could happen with him.

(Damn, this is actually quite hard - I want to do quite well this time!)
Yeah, I've gone with the assumption that Nadal will eventually prevail in 3 sets and go right through to the semis. Then again, it's not clay so anything could happen with him.

(Damn, this is actually quite hard - I want to do quite well this time!)

later rounds seem fairly predictable - but I dont follow tennis cloesly enough to correctly predict who will win out of X player ranked 125, and X player ranked 138 :tongue:
I went with Murray as the victor, but picked Rafa to beat Djokovic, which doesn't make sense, but I reckon it will be a fairly even contest, even on a hard court.

Nadal-Janowicz could be a good match, don't think they've ever met before.

Realistically i think that only Murray, Djokovic and Del Potro can win this and given that their only competitive meeting since 09 was won by Del Potro at Indian Wells i'm half tempted to go for it.

He's yet to lose a set though at Washington.
When's the deadline for the predicting? Don't get home until late tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
When's the deadline for the predicting? Don't get home until late tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, we've been given plenty of time - I think it only closes on Monday at 12pm Eastern Time :biggrin:

At least that way we may actually see who the qualifiers are and get some of them right!
Reply 7019
Interesting, both Nadal and Murray are playing doubles in Montreal. Murray with Fleming and Nadal with Andujar.

Latest