The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
I don't see anyone right now as Xavi's heir, right now I'm thinking Iniesta as he ages a bit maybe he can drop back and give Cesc the more attacking role but right now as I said no one in the squad I can see apart from Busquets but hes not going to be moved any time soon so.

What I thought. First it was up to Barcelona now its up to Cesc :laugh:

Yeah tbh I see Busquets taking up a lot of Xavi's roles in midfield with another DM coming in, Iniesta as AM. Don't think Iniesta would be so effective in that deeper role.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yeah tbh I see Busquets taking up a lot of Xavi's roles in midfield with another DM coming in, Iniesta as AM. Don't think Iniesta would be so effective in that deeper role.

Yeah man both Iniesta and Fabregas I don't think have that temperament and they like being a little risky much like Thiago did.

I don't think we will get another DM. What I was hoping for was a double pivot midfield of Song and Busquets with Fabregas as CAM and then Neymar and Iniesta Wingers.
Reply 7762

What I thought. First it was up to Barcelona now its up to Cesc :laugh:

Yeah, BBC and anyone that actually think there's something in this are basically clutching on straws.
Barca and Cesc are playing a game up keepy uppy between them and whoever drops the ball, is the one who decides the future of the player!

I would say, atm, that there is a slight doubt on his future - it never seems to have been collectively unequivocal from Barcelona that he's staying (due to the number of characters speaking out or not speaking about) so there might be the tiniest hope but I only forsee that he'll stay. His return hasn't been as good as he probably hoped and with Pep going, Tito's health issues, now Martino - it's probably been unsettling for him and that's where an agent of his might have said to us that he'd go if Barca let him etc.

Apparently, Rooney's playing a behind closed doors match tonight? In preparation for the match in Sweden? He's apparently gaging crowd reaction atm which probably will be positive if he plays in Sweden but if he plays at Rio's testiomonial, it'd probably be mixed like it was at the trophy receiving of the PL after the Swansea match.
Original post by Aky786UK
Barca and Cesc are playing a game up keepy uppy between them and whoever drops the ball, is the one who decides the future of the player!

I would say, atm, that there is a slight doubt on his future - it never seems to have been collectively unequivocal from Barcelona that he's staying (due to the number of characters speaking out or not speaking about) so there might be the tiniest hope but I only forsee that he'll stay. His return hasn't been as good as he probably hoped and with Pep going, Tito's health issues, now Martino - it's probably been unsettling for him and that's where an agent of his might have said to us that he'd go if Barca let him etc.

Apparently, Rooney's playing a behind closed doors match tonight? In preparation for the match in Sweden? He's apparently gaging crowd reaction atm which probably will be positive if he plays in Sweden but if he plays at Rio's testiomonial, it'd probably be mixed like it was at the trophy receiving of the PL after the Swansea match.

Have a feeling sneaky ****er is doing it to get a pay rise as well.
Original post by Tommyjw
Played 700 minutes less than Carrick did in the league.

A lot of the minutes came from playing his false 9 role anyway.Neymar = 1 less attacking spot = 1 less spot Fabregas can occupy to get enough minutes.

Subbed off during alot, a good half, of his starts anyway.

Notoriously not played or subbed off during many important games.

Looking for something that isnt there? Not at all, its there for everyone to see.

And. Fine its hard to fit fabregas. but it makes no sense for barca to sell a midfielder like him to you guys when xavi's declining/can't play every game.

I don't get these comments though, it sounds like either
1.fabregas isn't wanted
2.they have a midfielder in mind that's available to replace him
3. they're entertaining united because they can.

That's if there's no mistranslation. But I think that if they wanted rid of fabregas, they already have his replacement lined up...
Have a feeling sneaky ****er is doing it to get a pay rise as well.

But surely if he was interested in the money then he would have stayed at Arsenal since its been reported that he took a pay cut to join Barcelona.
Original post by jam277
And. Fine its hard to fit fabregas. but it makes no sense for barca to sell a midfielder like him to you guys when xavi's declining/can't play every game.

I don't get these comments though, it sounds like either
1.fabregas isn't wanted
2.they have a midfielder in mind that's available to replace him
3. they're entertaining united because they can.

That's if there's no mistranslation. But I think that if they wanted rid of fabregas, they already have his replacement lined up...

Gundogan please? :colone:

or Oliver Torres :tongue:

Original post by poiuytrewq54321
But surely if he was interested in the money then he would have stayed at Arsenal since its been reported that he took a pay cut to join Barcelona.

I know but now that 2 years have passed maybe he thinks its time for a bumper deal :tongue:
Fabregas still coming to Utd then? Just stop.
Original post by Zürich
Fabregas still coming to Utd then? Just stop.

Sell him to you lot if you give us Koscielny :colone:
Original post by poiuytrewq54321

Yeah, but tbh there's the fact that arsenal weren't winning anything, and barca were and looked more likely to win their league/CL. Plus anyway people can become money grabbers overnight. Look at cole, gerrard, ronaldo, half of dortmunds team and it's not like messi is on a pittance either.
Sell him to you lot if you give us Koscielny :colone:

Would actually have to think about that one, Kosc is unbelievable. :biggrin:
Original post by Zürich
Would actually have to think about that one, Kosc is unbelievable. :biggrin:

Haha yeah would help our defense nicely and you'd get Wenger's son back :tongue:
Reply 7773
Gundogan please? :colone:

or Oliver Torres :tongue:

"I am keen to ensure he (Ilkay) remains with Borussia Dortmund," father and agent Irfan told Kicker Sportmagazin.

"He is doing fine so it's a bit early to move to a club in England or Spain at this point in time.

"Borussia Dortmund will be coming up with an offer of a new contract soon. We will be able to oversee things much better then."

Meanwhile, BVB sporting director Michael Zorc told Westdweutche Allgermeine Zeitung newspaper: "We are keen to sign new terms with Ilkay Gundogan.

"I am able to confirm that we have held talks with his father Irfan and we feel confident he will sign."

Gundogan isn't leaving, else I hope Moyes would've been all over that, Torres has also expressed a desire to stay and he's relatively inexperienced.

At the minute there seems to be no world class midfielders out there willing to move.
'gareth bale and luis suarez were the 2 best players in the league last season'

oh brendan...
Original post by fallen_acorns
'gareth bale and luis suarez were the 2 best players in the league last season'

oh brendan...

In all fairness, he did say arguably. So he didn't completely forget about RVP and Carrick.
Original post by CB91
He's already said he wants to stay. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When exactly? I have not read any quotes or seen a video of him saying that he's going to stay. If he does that, people will stop speculating.

I can believe that he's looking for a better deal from Barca, but people can't be blamed for talking about what could potentially happen.
We start talking about Fabregas and look who shows up. He's obcesced!

Yeah man both Iniesta and Fabregas I don't think have that temperament and they like being a little risky much like Thiago did.

I don't think we will get another DM. What I was hoping for was a double pivot midfield of Song and Busquets with Fabregas as CAM and then Neymar and Iniesta Wingers.

I think that system would be best for the Barcelona of the future - you need a bit of a change after the successful Guardiola years. I do think that Neymar/Iniesta would be wasted on the right side though.
Original post by NathanW18
When exactly? I have not read any quotes or seen a video of him saying that he's going to stay. If he does that, people will stop speculating.

I can believe that he's looking for a better deal from Barca, but people can't be blamed for talking about what could potentially happen.

He said it a couple of weeks ago that hes happy and its up to Barcelona but then Barcelona have said its up to him now haha so its like a merry go round.

Not sure what hes on so could be a ploy to get a higher amount.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
We start talking about Fabregas and look who shows up. He's obcesced!

I think that system would be best for the Barcelona of the future - you need a bit of a change after the successful Guardiola years. I do think that Neymar/Iniesta would be wasted on the right side though.

I know I felt bad putting Iniesta out wide but Fabregas is a CAM and he plays wicked there so I had to slot him in and a double pivot for protection.
He said it a couple of weeks ago that hes happy and its up to Barcelona but then Barcelona have said its up to him now haha so its like a merry go round.

Not sure what hes on so could be a ploy to get a higher amount.

I didn't see that quote. I still think that if he really wanted to put this to bed, he would get infront of a camera and say that he's going nowhere. No silly quotes saying that it's up to Barcelona. He seems to have been refusing to comment and it's just adding to the speculation.

No idea what he's on, but people keep saying that he took a huge wage cut to join you guys. If that's the case, then he can't be on a huge amount of money. For a player of his talent, anyway.

Latest