The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Ryan_95
I got told that a third of the intake of students are English, is that Bull? :biggrin:

Wouldn't say that's too far off! I started the year off in Ally Court, and in my flat and the flat next door, out of 13 people, only 4 were Scottish, but 8 English (the other person was Northern Irish).
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 281
Original post by tufc
Wouldn't say that's too far off! I started the year off in Ally Court, and in my flat and the flat next door, out of 13 people, only 4 were Scottish, but 8 English (the other person was Northern Irish).

Wow! thought most would be Scottish! , heard their is ALOT of Chinese aha. Have you got Uni accommodation for the next year?
Reply 282
Original post by Ryan_95
Wow! thought most would be Scottish! , heard their is ALOT of Chinese aha. Have you got Uni accommodation for the next year?

Yeah, there are a lot of Chinese students, but no one seems to know where they stay - it's my theory that if you pull up one of the manholes on campus, you'll find a bustling, subterranean city of Chinese students, but that's just me...

And no, I'm moving off campus to a flat in Bridge of Allan for a year - not because I dislike living on campus, but I want to be able to be in Stirling during the summer.
Reply 283
Original post by tufc
Yeah, there are a lot of Chinese students, but no one seems to know where they stay - it's my theory that if you pull up one of the manholes on campus, you'll find a bustling, subterranean city of Chinese students, but that's just me...

And no, I'm moving off campus to a flat in Bridge of Allan for a year - not because I dislike living on campus, but I want to be able to be in Stirling during the summer.
AHA! Going to learn abit of Chinese so I know when they call me a **** :smile: . Would you recommend any societies/clubs ? Do they do skydiving? & is the bridge of alan very close to the Uni? & finally aha do you have to pay for a 50 week let instead of the usual 38/39 that you pay with Uni accommodation? thanks
Reply 284
Original post by Ryan_95
AHA! Going to learn abit of Chinese so I know when they call me a **** :smile: . Would you recommend any societies/clubs ? Do they do skydiving? & is the bridge of alan very close to the Uni? & finally aha do you have to pay for a 50 week let instead of the usual 38/39 that you pay with Uni accommodation? thanks

Well the only society I joined was the Conservative Society (haters gon' hate), but I know lots of other people had great fun in other societies.

Bridge of Allan is about half a mile down the road from the main entrance to the University - it's a slightly posher part of the area, as a lot of the locals in the actual city are a bit chavvy! And yeah, it's a 52-week let. Obviously that makes it more expensive over the course of the year, but it means that I can spend more time in Stirling, which I prefer to London.
anyone else doing a biological course not able to find this skills in biological and environmental sciences book? or am i being an idiot?
Original post by american_rachel
anyone else doing a biological course not able to find this skills in biological and environmental sciences book? or am i being an idiot?

You'll be able to get it from the Uni bookshop on campus - they usually sell it as a package with Campbell Biology by Reece et al.
Reply 287

Is it "Campbell Biology by Reece et al, is the 9th Edition and is published by Pearson"? if so their is loads selling on amazon but they are pretty expensive! http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Biology-Edition-Jane-Reece/dp/0321558235
Original post by LJMac_SportSci
You'll be able to get it from the Uni bookshop on campus - they usually sell it as a package with Campbell Biology by Reece et al.

aah so I have buy it at Stirling when we arrive? I already have the other book so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289

Please don't waste loads of money on books. They're barely used in first year. Loads of people I know spent well over a hundred pounds on books, and used them once.
aah so I have buy it at Stirling when we arrive? I already have the other book so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if it's available elsewhere. If you already have Campbell, I think you can get the Practical book individually.
To be honest, the Campbell book is much more important anyway, so if they are only available as a pair, I wouldn't worry.

Is it still the 4th edition? - there's a few copies in the library.
Reply 291
Anyone studying Computing Science?
Hi, i'm Fiona and i'll be studying LLB Law:biggrin: Can't wait now! Not long atall:smile:
Reply 293
Hey :smile: I'm Hannah too, staying in Fraser, what flat are you in? I'm studying LLB law.
Original post by HnhMcI
Hey :smile: I'm Hannah too, staying in Fraser, what flat are you in? I'm studying LLB law.

Aw I'm so glad I found a girl doing LLB law!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
Hey I'm Rebekah and I'm doing Adult Nursing in September. Is there any one else doing it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 296
Hey, I'm Joe and I'm studying Computing Science. No idea where I'm staying (my application is being processed) but since all us English students had to wait 'till way later than everyone else to apply for it I'll probably end up in the slumming it in whatever ghetto everybody else has avoided like the plague.

Edit:
Original post by M M
Anyone studying Computing Science?

REPRESENT
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 297
Original post by Beckakyle
Hey I'm Rebekah and I'm doing Adult Nursing in September. Is there any one else doing it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :smile: you should join this group and get to know everyone else
www.facebook.com/groups/141220386066558/
a week today guys... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply