The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got Vine Court and I didn't even apply for it. Gunna have to phone accommodation from Vietnam.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by jonnny
Cheers man, I got it through email. I wouldn't worry, I deferred my entry from last year so I guess I must be one of the very first. Yours will come through soon I would imagine, where did you apply for anyway?

I got an offer through e-mail for Lady Mountford. But the thing is, all of my choices were Greenbank! I can't believe I didn't get any of my choices, when unconditionals are supposed to be getting first allocations!!! I'm phoning tomorrow...
Original post by String Loop
I got Vine Court and I didn't even apply for it. Gunna have to phone accommodation from Vietnam.

I'm in Japan, so I'm going to have to Skype my parents who will phone for me. It's such a hassle! :angry:
Original post by String Loop

Got Derby and Rathbone and didnt even apply for it :s-smilie: Pretty annoying since I thought Id get my first choice what with being a gap year applicant. Was originally gonna look at flat sharing if I didnt get what I wanted but it's far far too late for that now. Though D and R doesnt look bad at all, think I prefer to what I put as my second and third choice so in a way it's a blessing in disguise

Let me know what they say to you, im curious about why no one is getting what they put down. And enjoy Vietnam :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1064
Got my first choice, D&R en suite, self catered. Well happy, just paid my deposit on it.
Yeah, I got R&G self catered at £90.30 per week, which is the sort of thing I was looking for, even though I didn't apply for it. It does sound like they've made a bit of a mess of this.
Original post by rachelxoxo
I just received an offer of accommodation from the uni for Vine Court which was my first choice! Hopefully its good and not too boring! :L

Incredibly jealous! I haven't got an offer yet since I need to wait for my results in Augest but everyone seems to be getting a weird selection ofaccommodation! Even places they didn't apply for which means my nerves are gone!

Applied for Vine court twice and then Prospect point.
Ah that's sooo weird, I applied to vine court, prospect point and opal court! Aww, don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll get your first choice cos some people got offers from Vine Court and they didn't even pick there, you'll be fine sweetheart! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1068
Am I the only one who got any of their choices? I got Dale catered and it was my first choice
I applied for Liberty Prospect Point, Vine Court and Opal Court all self catered en-suite.

I got a place in Derby and Rathbone on Greenbank campus self catered ensuite.

Anyone who got one of my options and wanted D&R fancy emailing Liverpool and asking if we can swap?

They've been so slack with the accommodation. All the emails have been really late.
I was told I'd definitely receive one of my options and that itd probably be my first choice as I have an unconditional confirmed place and applied literally as soon as I was sent the email.

I'm travelling so can't ring! Are there any other threads on the student room about people not receiving a place in any of their options?
Nah I got my first choice which was Vine Court. I guess we're really lucky haha :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm guessing the later you applied for accommodation the later rooms are getting offered? Because I've still had no room offer haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roberts9412
I'm guessing the later you applied for accommodation the later rooms are getting offered? Because I've still had no room offer haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think that's the case. I applied for my accommodation as soon as I received the email from them in April so if you applied later than this, you'll probably receive yours later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1073
Are guests allowed in Vine Court / Opal Court / Prospect Point, my girlfriends is no more than 2 nights a week, what is it in liverpool? They were my 3 choices on my accommodation application. Also, I haven't received an acommodation offer yet, its my firm choice uni :s-smilie:
Original post by ITomI
Are guests allowed in Vine Court / Opal Court / Prospect Point, my girlfriends is no more than 2 nights a week, what is it in liverpool? They were my 3 choices on my accommodation application. Also, I haven't received an acommodation offer yet, its my firm choice uni :s-smilie:

Ermm I don't think guests can stay in the same room with you in Vine Court because on my tendency agreement it said no guests after 11pm and/or before 9am so I guess not which sucks for people with partners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1075
I only applied for accommodation recently as I didn't realise that I could already apply as I am an insurance applicant!

Judging by the accommodation situation going on with the unconditional offer holders does this mean I'm unlikely to get anything? On the email I received it said as long as we applied by 30th August I think!
Reply 1076
Ermm I don't think guests can stay in the same room with you in Vine Court because on my tendency agreement it said no guests after 11pm and/or before 9am so I guess not which sucks for people with partners.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, surely no one follows that, my insurance choice is 2 nights a week and so is all my friends universities.

If not, I'll just go to her university I suppose.
Original post by apple1
I only applied for accommodation recently as I didn't realise that I could already apply as I am an insurance applicant!

Judging by the accommodation situation going on with the unconditional offer holders does this mean I'm unlikely to get anything? On the email I received it said as long as we applied by 30th August I think!

No, I don't think that will be the case. The unconditional/conditional applicants which firmed the uni will be the uni's priority as this is where the plan on studying. Applicants who have used the uni as their insurance will follow straight after. But don't be discouraged by the above as most people might not want a specific accommodation site which you might want. Hope this helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ate you sure? When going on the open day I was told that you can have people stay with you or up to a week! (Vine)
Original post by AdamRuby
Ate you sure? When going on the open day I was told that you can have people stay with you or up to a week! (Vine)

I'm not entirely sure be because I was unable to attend any of the open days so don't trust what I say, I might be wrong :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply