The Student Room Group

Summer Camp in America 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Staceyc1990
[QUOTE=EllaBella

How was asia? Did you go alone?

Asia was absolutely phenomenal. The best decision ive ever made. Yes, I travelled alone :smile: loved every second! Have you already started your application? Do you know which company you're going to go with?
Did you feel safe going alone? It looks amazing over there. Basically i really want to do some travelling at the moment but not sure where to go - either camp america or backpacking somewhere. I'm going to save as much money as possible and then see which one i can afford. Definitely planning on doing america in 2015 if i cant afford it next year. I think i'll use americamp though. What about you?
I had my face to face interview yesterday! Anyone else had their yet or arranged it? Exciting!!
Original post by kathbobbin
I had my face to face interview yesterday! Anyone else had their yet or arranged it? Exciting!!

What do they ask? (If you dont mind me asking)
Reply 44
is wildpacks real?
Original post by Sissiex
is wildpacks real?

Think so, maybe just less well known
What do they ask? (If you dont mind me asking)

Not at all! Basically a casual interview in Starbucks, to go through my application together to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything! And then she asked me.. When have I been in a stressful situation. When have I shown empathy. How much childcare experience, and when have i face a difficult experience working with children! :smile: i got the phone all yesterday to say I've been accepted onto the programme! Woooo hoop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Applications for next summer open today!!! Anybody else as excited as I am?! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by Gavlaar
Applications for next summer open today!!! Anybody else as excited as I am?! :biggrin:

I am we're have you applied to :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Sissiex
I am we're have you applied to :smile:

I'm not sure yet, this is my first time applying so i'm just going through the application process and we'll see where I end up :smile: you?
Not at all! Basically a casual interview in Starbucks, to go through my application together to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything! And then she asked me.. When have I been in a stressful situation. When have I shown empathy. How much childcare experience, and when have i face a difficult experience working with children! :smile: i got the phone all yesterday to say I've been accepted onto the programme! Woooo hoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate those type of questions lol i'd seriously have to practice interviews before i ever applied
Original post by Gavlaar

How long do they stay open for? I dont have any money saved! :frown:
How long do they stay open for? I dont have any money saved! :frown:

I've heard up until around January/February :smile: but it's really rushed then. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just the deposit you need at that point? Also, how does it fit around with college/uni, like when do you start and finish? If im going anywhere then it'll be college and they can be pains in the asses with interview times, they always leave them late in the year. Well my college does anyway
Is it just the deposit you need at that point? Also, how does it fit around with college/uni, like when do you start and finish? If im going anywhere then it'll be college and they can be pains in the asses with interview times, they always leave them late in the year. Well my college does anyway

I had my interview at 7pm because I work full time at the mo... So it's flexible! But you need to have paid everything February I think. Just call them if you want to talk about the payment plan.. It's £49, £200, and then £300. They'll be willing to help you plan how you'll pay it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview at 7pm because I work full time at the mo... So it's flexible! But you need to have paid everything February I think. Just call them if you want to talk about the payment plan.. It's £49, £200, and then £300. They'll be willing to help you plan how you'll pay it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, which company are you going with? (Apologies if you've already mentioned this!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
Out of interest, which company are you going with? (Apologies if you've already mentioned this!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Camp leaders :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by emmatays
I have decided on camp america I think! I have started an application video, I don't think you have to do one but I thought I would due to my lack of skills! Lol, also the applications open on August 1st so not long! Anyone else going for camp america?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am thinking on doing camp America I dont know if its just because I know people there just now with them. I am the same I am worried about my Skills so have started a video. My skills are Dancing at a high nearly qualified to teach level, Netball and arts and crafts I am scared that this wont be enough. What are your skills? and does anyone have any advice on camp america ?
Original post by Meaghan
I am thinking on doing camp America I dont know if its just because I know people there just now with them. I am the same I am worried about my Skills so have started a video. My skills are Dancing at a high nearly qualified to teach level, Netball and arts and crafts I am scared that this wont be enough. What are your skills? and does anyone have any advice on camp america ?

I think you will be fine with your skills! If your almost qualified at something then they will definitely be interested! Apply through camp leaders and they will help you decide what your top skills will be best to advertise to camp directors ... My top skills are 1. Qualifed Lifeguard 2. Outdoor adventure 3. Textiles/fashion ... I also have yoga, surf life saving, language on my skills :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was so excited to apply I waited up until midnight for applications to open to get in there fast! Made my first payment and got an interview on the 26th of August,SO NERVOUS. I applied for the campower role,seems absolutely everybody is going for the counsellor. Any tips for my interview?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest