The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by RagaZ
Yh the night before results day is going to be so depressing i wont be able to sleep... But i think im just gnna stay online talking on skype with all my friends... Share the nerves and all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky that you have someone to talk to, all my friends are like *shrug* "only GCSEs"
Im just going to not think about it at all the day before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do the teachers get the results? It's before we do, right?
Reply 1703
Original post by Kill3er
When do the teachers get the results? It's before we do, right?

It depends how senior they are, most the night before (passed down from another senior teacher). Some can receive it earlier, e.g head of department.
Original post by elixirs
It depends how senior they are, most the night before (passed down from another senior teacher). Some can receive it earlier, e.g head of department.

Okay, thanks.
I don't like the fact they know before us. Walking into the hall, and having them all look at you...already knowing what you've got.
Reply 1705
Original post by Kill3er
Okay, thanks.
I don't like the fact they know before us. Walking into the hall, and having them all look at you...already knowing what you've got.

It's alright and I know what you mean. However, don't worry too much, some teachers don't bother to find out till the day. Last year my sociology teacher looked genuinely surprised when I told her my result. It really depends how curious they are in the end Aha
Original post by Molly_xox
Yup, sames :') on that logic I shouldn't be too worried about my languages (60% coursework) or English (50% coursework) but alas, it's not meant to be. I will remain a neurotic wreck :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same! The only subjects I had that I had done no previous exams or controlled assessments for was my maths and add maths exams. I will still be beyond nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly648
Yeah same! The only subjects I had that I had done no previous exams or controlled assessments for was my maths and add maths exams. I will still be beyond nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No coursework or previous exams for maths or science for me, but everything else was at least 20% :lol: but yup, 21st I'll just be sat on TSR crying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
No coursework or previous exams for maths or science for me, but everything else was at least 20% :lol: but yup, 21st I'll just be sat on TSR crying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take you weren't with AQA for any of your sciences then? :smile: I shall join you on here on the 21st then! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most worried: English lit
Least worried: Spanish. Also ad maths because I know I've got a U and I didn't want to sit it anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1710
this wait is killing me!!!!!!! 18 more days:eek::bee2::bubbles::dancing2::fleurdelis:just found more smileys...:tongue:
Original post by Molly648
I take you weren't with AQA for any of your sciences then? :smile: I shall join you on here on the 21st then! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on the AQA Certificate IGCSE, so not really :P see you here :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone thinking that the English language exam grade boundaries may be slightly lower due to all the arguments last year. Im also dreading science last year I got an A* but this year I got a lower grade in the controlled assessment so I had to get almost full marks in exams and I never get full marks I only scrape the grade. How did anyone find the protest law and order exam or health and social care
Reply 1713
Gah 18 days!

I'm really nervous! Especially for English, as i require at least a B in all 4 subjects i have opted for in A-levels, although I am predicted A's in both language and literature, i'm worried that i may have made mistakes and if i don't get the B's, i will have to choose a whole different set of subjects!
I'm going to study; Psychology, English Language, Religious Studies and Law.
On the other hand, I'm not nervous for R.S because I've got A*'s in every mock and i feel that the exam went well. We'll see!
The sciences were awful for me personally, i despise chemistry especially, so i'll be surprised if i even achieve a C overall for additional science :s-smilie:

Good luck to everyone too, you're all going to do so well by the sounds of things!
:tongue:
I just want the day to come, but I don't...
I've started buying things for sixth form but I'm still a bit like "oh god what if I don't get in and I've just got all this stuff I can't use" :/ I don't think I've done THAT bad, but it's still a paranoid worry of mine.
Also, I can't believe how quickly it's coming around now - I swear it was only a few days ago I said to my mum results day was a month away, and that was actually nearly 2 weeks ago!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1715
Original post by CheesePuffff
I just want the day to come, but I don't...
I've started buying things for sixth form but I'm still a bit like "oh god what if I don't get in and I've just got all this stuff I can't use" :/ I don't think I've done THAT bad, but it's still a paranoid worry of mine.
Also, I can't believe how quickly it's coming around now - I swear it was only a few days ago I said to my mum results day was a month away, and that was actually nearly 2 weeks ago!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, I shudder a little every time I see something to do with new 6th form/college year e.g clothes/stationery:colone:
Original post by elixirs
I know right, I shudder a little every time I see something to do with new 6th form/college year e.g clothes/stationery:colone:

Haha! Well I can't resist buying stationary and folders and stuff because they get me excited (cough saddo) but I'm trying to steer clear of clothes shopping as much as possible; don't want to realise I haven't got into sixth form and have to go to college in blouses and pencil skirts for the next year aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1717
Original post by elixirs
Lucky that you have someone to talk to, all my friends are like *shrug* "only GCSEs"

Haha its fine TSR will be open 24/7 got plenty of ppl to talk to here!! Im gnna be on here too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1718
Original post by CheesePuffff
Haha! Well I can't resist buying stationary and folders and stuff because they get me excited (cough saddo) but I'm trying to steer clear of clothes shopping as much as possible; don't want to realise I haven't got into sixth form and have to go to college in blouses and pencil skirts for the next year aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ME TOO! I buy packs of diff col sharpies/pens/pencils every year and I didn't do art nor am I doing it at 6th form. Not to mention countless amounts of pencil cases:colondollar: yeah, I haven't even thought about clothes, would rather shop for stuff I like instead of uncomfortable pencil skirts
Reply 1719
Original post by RagaZ
Haha its fine TSR will be open 24/7 got plenty of ppl to talk to here!! Im gnna be on here too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I know, see you up until results day + good luck:smile:

Latest