The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

I was sitting there waiting for him to say 'Hello, I'm the Doctor'!

That must have been the most tense 30 minutes of my life! But he will make a great Doctor I'm sure - I need series 8!!!
Original post by SirMasterKey
And then off-screen he regenerated. :holmes:

Bullets can turn you into a timelord!
Reply 2002
I very very happy with the choice. As soon as his name came up in the rumours I was wishing very hard for it to be him.
I just don't like how he's already played a different character. ffs.
Original post by Rascacielos
I'm sceptical, I really am. I was sceptical when I heard Peter Capaldi's name for the first time, because of his age mostly, and after seeing his pretty dull interview, I'm even more so. There's such a huge difference between him and Matt Smith and whilst difference is good, the 12th has to have some personality and Peter Capaldi seems to have none. He has a lot to live up to.

But I was dubious about Matt Smith when he was cast, so I'll give this guy a chance. I just hope 2014 isn't when I finally give up on Doctor Who.

EDIT: That guy who was giving the interview with Bernard Cribbins (I forget his name), said Peter Ecclestone. I bet he knew - who else would he get mixed up with?!

Have you seen him in The Thick of It, completely different from his off screen persona, I think he'll make an excellent doctor and I'm interested to see what he'll bring to the role and what will be unique about his incarnation of the Doctor.
Unsure what to think. But im excited for the change!
I remember when everyone said that Daniel Craig would be a **** Bond. I think people should reserve their judgement until the first episode.
Original post by Mr.Messy
I just don't like how he's already played a different character. ffs.

it happened with Martha and with Amy. Its not a problem??
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Legend :lol: Anyone up for a Thick of It Marathon?

I finished series 1-3 last night, funnily enough!
Reply 2009
From The Thick of It:
Hugh: "Christ Malcolm, how do appear out of nowhere in a building made entirely of glass"
Malcolm: "I'm a shapeshifter"

THE TRUTH WAS THERE ALL ALONG!
Very happy with that choice excited now :h:
I retract my earlier statement, no one could be as terrible as Matt Smith.
Original post by The Wild Youth
it happened with Martha and with Amy. Its not a problem??

It's not a huge problem, but I would just prefer it if the actors were just one character.
Reply 2013
This is a weird choice. Peter Capaldi played a Torchwood character who died in series 3 (John Frobrisher),and the Torchwood and Doctor Who universes are basically merged.
Original post by Superunknown17
Have you seen him in The Thick of It, completely different from his off screen persona, I think he'll make an excellent doctor and I'm interested to see what he'll bring to the role and what will be unique about his incarnation of the Doctor.

I have seen a few episodes, and I stick by my original opinion that he has about as much personality as a door handle.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I finished series 1-3 last night, funnily enough!

*salutes* I still haven't seen the fourth series so i'll get that started :awesome:

Original post by Jarred
From The Thick of It:
Hugh: "Christ Malcolm, how do appear out of nowhere in a building made entirely of glass"
Malcolm: "I'm a shapeshifter"

THE TRUTH WAS THERE ALL ALONG!

:rofl: Don't forget the fact he played a W.H.O. Doctor in World War Z!
Original post by kalios
This is a weird choice. Peter Capaldi played a Torchwood character who died in series 3 (John Frobrisher),and the Torchwood and Doctor Who universes are basically merged.

If you start looking for logic in a kid's sci-fi show you're going to result in problems...

Won't it be slightly odd* to have a companion ~30yrs younger than the doctor?

[*in this day and age, anyway]
I do think, however, that an older Doctor will work well with Clara. She's an older Doctor's companion.

Original post by Cannotbelieveit
I remember when everyone said that Daniel Craig would be a **** Bond. I think people should reserve their judgement until the first episode.

Longer than that, I'd say.

(On a side note, my Dad still thinks Daniel Craig is the worst Bond ever!)
Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new Doctor?
He looks too old to be The Doctor for me...
Wish people would stop going on about his have being in Doctor Who before. It doesn't matter. So had Martha and Amy. Honestly. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest