The Student Room Group

Men, how much did you grow after 19?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by toukolou
You're perfect darling.

Even the ponce's can swing you about at 5'5". Any more and you'd be unmanageable and missing out on some pretty good action.

How nice.
Reply 41
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I know people get offended by this but I have a few logical reasons.

1) Being over 6ft is really good for aesthetics, from a bodybuilding perspective (look at the Hodgetwins) as taller guys will always looker nicer when built
2) Taller people will get more respect in general when they walk into the room.
3) I have a thing for taller girls like 5ft 6 to 5ft 10/11 so it would be ideal if I could be taller as well, especially if they wore heels.

Sorry if this offends you though :smile:

Funny you mention the hodgetwins, as you may or not know one of then is 6 2 and the other is 6 3 and personally I believe as they are identical twins that difference in height was due to Kevin who is one inch shorter herniating his disk at 19, stunting that last one inch of growth. So I would say you still have some growing to do.
Original post by TeddyEddy
Funny you mention the hodgetwins, as you may or not know one of then is 6 2 and the other is 6 3 and personally I believe as they are identical twins that difference in height was due to Kevin who is one inch shorter herniating his disk at 19, stunting that last one inch of growth. So I would say you still have some growing to do.

Really? Thanks, didn't know that. They produce so many videos you're bound to miss some things.

3) I have a thing for taller girls like 5ft 6 to 5ft 10/11 so it would be ideal if I could be taller as well, especially if they wore heels.

Sorry if this offends you though :smile:

**** yeah tall girls!

but Areeb...I thought you were joking when you made this thread, I thought it was just to rustle some manlet jimmies for lulz
I didn't relaise you seriously felt inseure at 6'0...strong u wot m8
the misc is ****ing with your head
Original post by HFerguson
**** yeah tall girls!

but Areeb...I thought you were joking when you made this thread, I thought it was just to rustle some manlet jimmies for lulz

I weren't trying to rustle jimmies at all. you're right, need to stay away from the misc for a while. it's definitely ****ed with my head.

the misc is so good at making you feel inadequate
Reply 45
**** yeah tall girls!

Mehh my perfect height for girls 5'4-5'7. Girls same height or similar is wierd brah srs i can't explain it
Reply 46
Really? Thanks, didn't know that. They produce so many videos you're bound to miss some things.

Yeah, it's actually Keith not Kevin who is shorter got that the wrong way round. Yeah he herniated his disk at 19 in the military and I reckon that's why he is slightly shorter as the only difference in their measurements is their torso length, got the same wingspan for example and sometimes in their workout vids you see Kevin have to lower the seat when switching. You could also try this http://www.heightquest.com/2011/01/lateral-synovial-joint-loading-three.html although seems like a lot of effort.
I know that feel, bro. 5'10 (atm that's my height) is apparently average yet I feel pretty short wherever I go lol. Lots of women are around my height too!

It's probably the misc making me think this!
Original post by TeddyEddy
Yeah, it's actually Keith not Kevin who is shorter got that the wrong way round. Yeah he herniated his disk at 19 in the military and I reckon that's why he is slightly shorter as the only difference in their measurements is their torso length, got the same wingspan for example and sometimes in their workout vids you see Kevin have to lower the seat when switching. You could also try this http://www.heightquest.com/2011/01/lateral-synovial-joint-loading-three.html although seems like a lot of effort.

Thanks for the link dude. A friend just told me straight up that 6ft is fine. Putting things into perspective I'm very lucky and should stop being an insecure ****. Thanks for the advice anyway though.
Original post by The Assassin
I know that feel, bro. 5'10 (atm that's my height) is apparently average yet I feel pretty short wherever I go lol. Lots of women are around my height too!

One thing I have noticed is people that are the EXACT sam height as me appear taller than me when I'm looking at them for some reason. But see my post below, the misc is just ****ing with our heads.
Reply 50
Original post by The Assassin

One thing I have noticed is people that are the EXACT sam height as me appear taller than me when I'm looking at them for some reason. But see my post below, the misc is just ****ing with our heads.

Brahs lettuce be real tea here. In the misc everyone is 6'4 240lbs @ 8%bf.....
Original post by ZRO

Just about to say this. In the misc the average is 6ft, but in real life like at my gym there is only one guy taller than me.

Misc y u lie to me??!
Original post by ZRO

Most of the misc is FA too though :wink:

Just about to say this. In the misc the average is 6ft, but in real life like at my gym there is only one guy taller than me.

Misc y u lie to me??!

Average on the misc seems to be 6'2 even!

But in the gym the majority guys are taller than me -- there are quite a few 6'6s or thereabouts too (srs). Feelsbadman.
Original post by ZRO
Mehh my perfect height for girls 5'4-5'7. Girls same height or similar is wierd brah srs i can't explain it

I'm really not that picky about women physically so long as their BMI is <23, and their hip to waist ratio is 0.6-0.8, height 5'0 to 6'0, hair red, blonde or brunette (not fussed), not fussed about eye colour, so long as they have a pretty face, intelligent, not vapid, good personality, ambitious, and like exerise as much as I do.
Hmm I was 5'7 at 19. Now I'm 22 at 5'9.5 :smile:
I'm 19 and have given up any hope of growing any further after being 5'4" for about 6 years now.

Oh to be 6 foot. :moon:
Reply 56
I'm really not that picky about women physically so long as their BMI is <23, and their hip to waist ratio is 0.6-0.8, height 5'0 to 6'0, hair red, blonde or brunette (not fussed), not fussed about eye colour, so long as they have a pretty face, intelligent, not vapid, good personality, ambitious, and like exerise as much as I do.

Loool strong everything haha, not picky at all.
I'm 17 and about 5,5/5,6

Feel like I won't ever grow..

Is 21 the age males stop growing?

At least 5,8 is what I want. That's a tall order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

Misc y u lie to me??!

Yeah I know what you mean I'm 6 foot as well but feel short as my two gym partners are 6 2 and 6 4 but then one of my best friends is 5 5 and I just realise it could be so much worse (Not trying to offend short guys but my friend really gets down about it, as it is such a huge thing which has impacts on your life all the time yet there is nothing you can do to change it. And considering my parents are 5 5 and 5 8 i feel like i have done well) At 6 foot no one is going to regard you as short and won't really hold you back.

When you at looked people same height as you they feel taller as you forget there is like an extra couple of inches above your eyes and your eyes have a tendency to look down not straight on I think. And yes misc estats saw a graph once of height of members and there was a huge spike from 5 5 to 5 8 (Proud manlets) a big dip until a huge spike at 6 foot and then another at 6 4.
Reply 59
Original post by JohnPaul_
I'm 17 and about 5,5/5,6

Feel like I won't ever grow..

Is 21 the age males stop growing?

At least 5,8 is what I want. That's a tall order.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might make it, 5'8 is possible from your age.

Quick Reply