The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamearaAli
I don't understand how some people have like 15 GCSEs on here, I only have 11?! I was literally going go the thread and all I see are like tons of GCSE predictions, how do some of you do so many? Are they self taught?

People in some schools take a few gcse in year 10 and then others in year 11. 11 GCSEs is still more than I have... I only have 10 so don't worry! :smile:
Original post by SamearaAli
My school hasn't given me a login or anything? And I don't particularly want to go into school want all the Year 11s, it will be pretty awkward..

Don't worry, I went in last year in year 10 to get physics, history and RE modules. I just went towards the end (I think you could go in up to midday and I went in at half 11). You're still entitled to get your results so don't feel like you shouldn't go in, but it's probably best to go after the majority of year 11s have got their results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what UMS 35/50 would be for the aqa physics ISA??

Do you think its above 90?
Reply 1763
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I don't understand how some people have like 15 GCSEs on here, I only have 11?! I was literally going go the thread and all I see are like tons of GCSE predictions, how do some of you do so many? Are they self taught?

Some schools do more than others, and sometimes you get the choice to take different courses...

Like we had the chance to take an extra IT GCSE if we finished the first course early (I didn't because I buggered about for 2 years and did the course in the last 2 weeks) and the choice to take RE full course (but nobody bothered) etc.
Reply 1764
short courses count for half a GCSE right ?
There isn't massive advantage in take 15 over 10. Quality over quantity I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RagaZ
short courses count for half a GCSE right ?

Yeah, what short course exams did you do?
been thinking about results so much in the last few days, I am only excited to find out some of the GCSEs I took, but others I'm not so sure about.

I'm wondering whether to go in to collect my results with a bunch of friends or just one hmm...
Original post by Saywhatyoumean

I'd probably say around 90. Possibly a little less, not sure.
Reply 1769
Original post by CheesePuffff
Ooh mine are quite similar :smile: I did English Lig & Lang, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, French, RE, Art, Media haha. I'm so happy to be dropping most of them! Which A levels are you doing? ^_^
Thank you so much, I hope you get all the grades you want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh quite a few in common, damn the sciences! I know right:eek: I'm doing English Lit, History, Biology and French, how about you?
& thank you, fingers crossed for us :h:
Reply 1770
Yeah, what short course exams did you do?

i did AQA RE short course in Year 10 and i also did Edexcel Citizenship Short course this year
Good luck everyone! If anyone is worrying about their results, I suggest the best thing to do is DISTRACT YOURSELF. I went to a beach party the day before and didn't start panicking until talking about it late the night before.

Hope everyone gets the results they want and deserve!
Reply 1772
are you allowed to resit? now that all the gcses have changed will we be able to redo single exams?
My school hasn't given me a login or anything? And I don't particularly want to go into school want all the Year 11s, it will be pretty awkward..

Hmmm...maybe you should ring your school or email a teacher to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I SEE THAT! I've only done 10 as my school only allows me to do 10...although we've been told there's not much benefit to doing loads

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly doubt 90 would be that low. I'd say at least 39 for an A*
Reply 1776
I'm sooo worried for maths edexcel linear, the non calculator paper was soo cruel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisC
I start on the 30th August :frown:

Oh my God, I start on the 30th too :frown: You going Woodhouse by any chance? I don't know of any other colleges/sixth forms starting at that time.
Is anyone going to Woodhouse College here?
Original post by elixirs
Oooh quite a few in common, damn the sciences! I know right:eek: I'm doing English Lit, History, Biology and French, how about you?
& thank you, fingers crossed for us :h:

Good choices :P
I'm doing psychology, history, sociology and biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest