The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, when you get the results, and if you're going into a-level, you need to go to the teacher at school and tell them your subjects straight away don't you? and you can't go home????

I'm confused.
Reply 1821
Original post by MrMusicLTD
Oh my God, I start on the 30th too :frown: You going Woodhouse by any chance? I don't know of any other colleges/sixth forms starting at that time.

Yeh I should be if I get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amaze
are people going to results day bythemselves or with parents/older siblings ?

I have a similar question - friends or family? I think my parents would like to see my first reaction opening my results but I think my friends want us to all go together. Also I'm not sure if other people would bring their parents and I don't want to be the only one >;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
Everyone's here is list best case sanario is all a*
Where mine is
Art-A
Welsh-A
Media-B
History-B
ICT-B
Maths- C (have this already took it in November)
Science - C(have this in core last year)
Core science- C
English - C
English lit - C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol that's so true i feel really bad because im just predicted 1A* and in tsr terms its equivalent to only one pass haha ;( and yh keep us updated on how u do
How do the results get given to us ?! I mean is there an certificate or is it spilt up in exam boards ?! Do you just get your overall results or a breakdown ?!
Do the teachers know our results before us since they are sent to school at 6 ?!
Original post by Vashappeninkira
Do the teachers know our results before us since they are sent to school at 6 ?!

They get them the day before :smile:
Reply 1827
Hi i have just joined this so i dnt really know how it works!
Hope some u will be able to help me!
I read some of ur comments down below... Im not going to lie but i am soo scared i think im going to die on results day!
Im soo scared coz i dont want to disappoint my family and i'll probably cry!
:,(
Original post by IrishChick
They get them the day before :smile:

Oh god really !!!! I'm gonna be so paranoid now ! Lol I'm gonna walk into school and be like my geo teacher gave me a sad look so I did bad lol ! I have feeling this way !!
I want to open mine in an epic-cool location, like Alexandra Palace (where I can scream loudly over London if I fail) or Tower Bridge (because the view is pretty), but because my 6th form has entry requirements I am going to have to open the envolope and read SOME but not ALL of it before leaving school :/ Still, the waiting is crazily crazy-making
Original post by Einstein007
Lol that's so true i feel really bad because im just predicted 1A* and in tsr terms its equivalent to only one pass haha ;( and yh keep us updated on how u do

Awww I totally agree everyone on tsr has a* problems and here's me with knly 1 a* in MATHS :frown:
Oh god really !!!! I'm gonna be so paranoid now ! Lol I'm gonna walk into school and be like my geo teacher gave me a sad look so I did bad lol ! I have feeling this way !!

yep, but I don't think your teachers will give it away :smile: ..well hopefully not.. I'm doing my best to avoid certain teachers before i get my results haha.. You'll be fine though, good luck with your results!! :biggrin:
Original post by tysonmaniac
I want to open mine in an epic-cool location, like Alexandra Palace (where I can scream loudly over London if I fail) or Tower Bridge (because the view is pretty), but because my 6th form has entry requirements I am going to have to open the envolope and read SOME but not ALL of it before leaving school :/ Still, the waiting is crazily crazy-making

I shall open mine with my excalibur letter opener. That I shall also use to cut my throat when I do badly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IrishChick
yep, but I don't think your teachers will give it away :smile: ..well hopefully not.. I'm doing my best to avoid certain teachers before i get my results haha.. You'll be fine though, good luck with your results!! :biggrin:

Hahaha thanks for the advice I will probably avoid teachers too !!! But knowing me I'll see the one I want to avoid the most !! Lol good luck with your spy mission on results day I hope your results are amazing so you can go to the same teacher and hug them !!!! Lol or maybe not hug them
Original post by NafK3
That is EXACTLY how I feel! Even though when I was supposed to be revising, I ended up procrastinating but now I actually feel like revising...

ME TOO! when my exams were over, i especially wanted to revise for SPANISH. idk why though . . .
Original post by Obiejess
I shall open mine with my excalibur letter opener. That I shall also use to cut my throat when I do badly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lend it to me once you have finished with it xxx
What day do the exam boards show the grade boundaries for the exams ?!
Original post by Robbie242
It definitely was, 100 pos rep and counting I believe :tongue: Haven't checked it in ages though :cool:

what post? I wanna see?
What day do the exam boards show the grade boundaries for the exams ?!

All but WJEC show it the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awww I totally agree everyone on tsr has a* problems and here's me with knly 1 a* in MATHS :frown:

Wow i can only dream of an A* in maths! Lol we're in the same boat i guess! Haha

Latest