The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by economicsrocks
Yeah same! I want to take my parents, but I also want to be with my friends! Might ask a couple of people or just see on the day if other parents are going in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea, I'll ask the others first! I'm kinda hoping lots of people are bringing their parents because I'd like mine to be there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1861
Did anyone here do Edexcel 2011 spec Bio/Chem/Phys? :K:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1862
Original post by elixirs
Did anyone here do Edexcel 2011 spec Bio/Chem/Phys? :K:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeeeeeee :biggrin:

How did you find it?
Reply 1863
Original post by Tibbz2
Meeeeeeee :biggrin:

How did you find it?

Yaay someone! Alright until the Unit 3 exams. B3 was good, but C3 didn't go as well as I needed it to and P3 went horridly:frown:

As for coursework, they were good! Wondering what the A and A* grade boundaries will be though

How about you?:tongue:
Reply 1864
Original post by elixirs
Yaay someone! Alright until the Unit 3 exams. B3 was good, but C3 didn't go as well as I needed it to and P3 went horridly:frown:

As for coursework, they were good! Wondering what the A and A* grade boundaries will be though

How about you?:tongue:

Mine were the other way around, I did better on the later exams! I think that's because in Unit 1 I had 0 interest in science, so really just didn't bother too much and ended up messing up C1 while only just scraping an A* with the other two... Unit 2 went better, but I feel Unit 3 went pretty well too so I'm hoping for a decent grade in them :smile:

I think out of the Unit 3 exams Physics was probably the tougher one though thinking back!

Coursework went great for Physics, good for Chemistry, but Biology I really have no clue!
Reply 1865
Original post by Tibbz2
Mine were the other way around, I did better on the later exams! I think that's because in Unit 1 I had 0 interest in science, so really just didn't bother too much and ended up messing up C1 while only just scraping an A* with the other two... Unit 2 went better, but I feel Unit 3 went pretty well too so I'm hoping for a decent grade in them :smile:

I think out of the Unit 3 exams Physics was probably the tougher one though thinking back!

Coursework went great for Physics, good for Chemistry, but Biology I really have no clue!

Ooh, they're still pretty good, you must have a hidden talent in science! The motivation for me picking triple sciences was by far the phobia of BTEC coursework, not much more:s-smilie:
The 2s were by far my best and C2 in particular which was a shock because my worse Unit 1 was Chemistry too! But I think the A* has just slipped (I need 70-71 ums at least in this one):colondollar:

Ah good good! I hate that there is no record of previous grade boundaries for coursework, our teacher just guessed maximum approximate grade boundaries
Reply 1866
Original post by elixirs
Ooh, they're still pretty good, you must have a hidden talent in science! The motivation for me picking triple sciences was by far the phobia of BTEC coursework, not much more:s-smilie:
The 2s were by far my best and C2 in particular which was a shock because my worse Unit 1 was Chemistry too! But I think the A* has just slipped (I need 70-71 ums at least in this one):colondollar:

Ah good good! I hate that there is no record of previous grade boundaries for coursework, our teacher just guessed maximum approximate grade boundaries

Yeah I really enjoy science now even though I used to hate it at the start of the course... We were forced to take triple and had no say in it! :redface:

I hate the fact the coursework is so 'on edge' because they can change the boundaries and your marks, so you're probably only safe for an A* if you got full marks! (Which I certainly didn't on any!)
Original post by Basket case
No:frown: most of my exams are WJEC :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, all mine are except business :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1868
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah I really enjoy science now even though I used to hate it at the start of the course... We were forced to take triple and had no say in it! :redface:

I hate the fact the coursework is so 'on edge' because they can change the boundaries and your marks, so you're probably only safe for an A* if you got full marks! (Which I certainly didn't on any!)

Aww, I assume you're taking one or more for A level then? Oh god, but I guess in the end it benefited you:tongue:

I know right, what makes matters worse is that they are going to be high in comparison to the exam units because schools use it to boost their grades (the double science set in my school were scoring poorly in exams, but most secured an A* in coursework!)
Reply 1869
Original post by elixirs
Aww, I assume you're taking one or more for A level then? Oh god, but I guess in the end it benefited you:tongue:

I know right, what makes matters worse is that they are going to be high in comparison to the exam units because schools use it to boost their grades (the double science set in my school were scoring poorly in exams, but most secured an A* in coursework!)

Yup, Physics for A Level (along with both maths), and Chemistry but just until AS with that, what about you??
Reply 1870
Original post by Tibbz2
Yup, Physics for A Level (along with both maths), and Chemistry but just until AS with that, what about you??

Just Biology (with French, English Lit, History)
Reply 1871
Original post by elixirs
Just Biology (with French, English Lit, History)

Nice! ..Well, for you, I hate Lit History and French :tongue:
oooo im not looking forward to it, i wont be able to sleep the night before:frown: so scared!!!
Reply 1873
Original post by Tibbz2
Nice! ..Well, for you, I hate Lit History and French :tongue:

Haha likewise:u:! Maths has been my nemesis since day 1 & me and Physics have been in a love-hate relationship too
Reply 1874
Original post by elixirs
Haha likewise:u:! Maths has been my nemesis since day 1 & me and Physics have been in a love-hate relationship too

I don't blame you, I think Maths must be one of most hated subjects among most people (at my school anyway) and Physics wasn't far behind!

Oh well only 16 days now!
Reply 1875
Original post by Tibbz2
I don't blame you, I think Maths must be one of most hated subjects among most people (at my school anyway) and Physics wasn't far behind!

Oh well only 16 days now!

Yeah, for me it never just completely clicked until late in year 11(a bit late eh) and I think the same goes for ours, after science that is

Mhm, the suspense! the 2 week point will be scary:eek:
Reply 1876
Original post by elixirs
Yeah, for me it never just completely clicked until late in year 11(a bit late eh) and I think the same goes for ours, after science that is

Mhm, the suspense! the 2 week point will be scary:eek:

I think it might be a bit scarier at the 1 day point :tongue::eek:
Reply 1877
Original post by Tibbz2
I think it might be a bit scarier at the 1 day point :tongue::eek:

Just a little bit:cool:

I'm unsure how I'm going to cope with A level results day when it comes, at this rate:colondollar:
Reply 1878
Original post by elixirs
Just a little bit:cool:

I'm unsure how I'm going to cope with A level results day when it comes, at this rate:colondollar:

I don't even want to think of that! I will probably just hide until it arrives, or go to work if I can to take it off my mind...
Reply 1879
Original post by Tibbz2
I don't even want to think of that! I will probably just hide until it arrives, or go to work if I can to take it off my mind...

Yeah anything will do! But mind you since there's much fewer grades given back at A level, it's less of a '10 bricks thrown in your face at the same time' feeling:bricks:

Latest