The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adykonvict1

And would a B at advanced higher equate to an A at higher

I'm afraid no such equation exists! I hear this kind of thing all the time. When I was at school, we were told that a D at AH was equivalent to an A at Higher, on TSR I've heard that a C at AH equates to an A at Higher, as well as the B thing. There's no universal equation that exists! I've certainly not found anything to suggest such a thing.

Congrats, mate!
Just a note to anyone wanting to appeal their English result; I'd contact your school and try get a breakdown of your mark first. If it was your folio rather than exam that brought your grade down then it'll most likely be far more difficult to get a successful appeal
Reply 1262
Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
hey guys, quick question.

my brother got his results and he exceed his firm offer therefore allowing him to be eligible for adjustment. my question is this - when can he sign up for adjustment ? is when the a-level results come out? or can he do it now?

Thanks

This.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'm afraid no such equation exists! I hear this kind of thing all the time. When I was at school, we were told that a D at AH was equivalent to an A at Higher, on TSR I've heard that a C at AH equates to an A at Higher, as well as the B thing. There's no universal equation that exists! I've certainly not found anything to suggest such a thing.

Congrats, mate!

I think it depends on the course, some consider a C at AH equivalent to a an A at higher, others consider a B at AH equivalent to an A at higher.
Original post by Bonzo10
This.

Answer here.

Adjustment goes live on A-level results day - 15th of August, and then from that point you've got 5 days to make an Adjustment choice. I'm not sure if he can register now in advance - there'll be a button on Track if he can - but if not, then he'll have to wait until the 15th!

The fact that you're asking instead of registering tells me that the button isn't up yet, and so you won't be able to do it until the 15th. :tongue:
Original post by UserUnavailable
Just a note to anyone wanting to appeal their English result; I'd contact your school and try get a breakdown of your mark first. If it was your folio rather than exam that brought your grade down then it'll most likely be far more difficult to get a successful appeal

are the overall marks for higher english weaker than last year ?
Ok so just talked to the guidance team at my college and they said they would set up the appeal but it wouldn't be fast tracked. How long would I need to wait to get a result?
AAABB :smile: BB in Chemistry and Biology

Do you think I could resit higher Chem if I'm sitting Adv this year?
I know the exams are technically at the same time, but I really need this A at higher for uni :frown:
And Hopefully I'll get an appeal from Bio.

I just needed 69% for an A in Bio... This is so embarrassing
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NinetyOne
So in actual fact I got a C in history it would look like. My whole class did. Which is really strange as me and my mate were practically ready to get A's for it. It doesn't make any sense. Seeing as the whole class got c's would this be grounds for appeal if I got a B in the prelim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that AH or Higher? I was predicted an A at AH and only got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which uni's can I get into with:
Higher Biology - A
Higher Maths - B
Higher English - B
Higher Physics - B
Higher Pe - B
I haven't even looked into uni's because I was expecting C's and D's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, just to check. Has anyone here also sat Higher history?. On your certificate does it give you a breakdown of what you gained for each section. Have still not received my certificate to check, however after being predicted an A i got a C (Made my conditions). However whilst I was not bothered to begin with my lecturer for Modern studies informed me no member of the class received over a C. Considering I had received A's for every graded piece of work throughout the entire year I'm convinced some type of anomaly has taken place.
Reply 1271
Original post by NinetyOne
Ok so just talked to the guidance team at my college and they said they would set up the appeal but it wouldn't be fast tracked. How long would I need to wait to get a result?

Check out our appeals thread. :smile: What's the appeal for again?

Original post by JimmyGatz
Which uni's can I get into with:
Higher Biology - A
Higher Maths - B
Higher English - B
Higher Physics - B
Higher Pe - B
I haven't even looked into uni's because I was expecting C's and D's

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject? Check universities you'd be interested in going to and see if you meet their requirements. You could get an offer from most Scottish universities with those grades :yep:
What's better AAAA or AAABD ?
Reply 1273
My results still haven't come yet its past 1 now. I'm worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LionKing1
What's better AAAA or AAABD ?

The former, imo. Why do you ask? :smile:

Original post by akc
My results still haven't come yet its past 1 now. I'm worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

What time does your postman usually come?
The former, imo. Why do you ask? :smile:

Me and my friend are trying to decide whom is better results and what do you mean by the former :confused:
Original post by EllieSaysHeya
Is that AH or Higher? I was predicted an A at AH and only got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just Higher.. For a whole class to get C's something must be wrong.
Original post by Ecosse_14
Check out our appeals thread. :smile: What's the appeal for again?

It's for Higher history. My whole class got C's.

]
Phwoar, great grades! Are you off to uni in September then, or what?

Thanks! :smile: Yep, Medicine at Aberdeen! :biggrin: Cannot wait!
Original post by LionKing1
Me and my friend are trying to decide whom is better results and what do you mean by the former :confused:

"The former" means "the first option". :tongue: The AAAA.

Original post by Nessie162
AAABB :smile: BB in Chemistry and Biology

Do you think I could resit higher Chem if I'm sitting Adv this year?
I know the exams are technically at the same time, but I really need this A at higher for uni :frown:
And Hopefully I'll get an appeal from Bio.

I just needed 69% for an A in Bio... This is so embarrassing

I don't think you'd be able to do Higher and Advanced Higher at the same time, I'm sorry. :frown: I think the best thing to do is get in touch with your guidance teacher and discuss your options with him/her!

Definitely try to appeal if you can. Don't be embarrassed about missing the grade, there's nothing to be ashamed of here. You still got fantastic results!! :smile:

There are lots of routes into vet med if you're adamant that that's what you want to do, and you have plenty of other options besides vet med. You could practically do any other course you want. Don't give up yet. This isn't the end of it all!

Original post by FeelingofSuccess
Thanks! :smile: Yep, Medicine at Aberdeen! :biggrin: Cannot wait!

Woot, the mighty Deen. :biggrin:
I hope you enjoy your first year just as much as I did!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending