Scroll to see replies

Highers
Computing A
Maths A
Physics A
P.E A
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LionKing1
To the two Ecosse moderators are you two from the same place or do you have french relations?:colondollar:

We're both from Scotland, and actually live in two towns close-by each other, but that's purely coincidental! Neither of us have French relations, we just liked the sound of the word. :tongue:

Ecosse_14 was here before me, though, so he was the first Ecosse! :sad:

Congrats on your great grades!
Reply 1322
I think what was really odd about one of the fail marks - it was Int 2 English, which he repeated to get a higher mark. Last year (2012) he received a C, so seeing such a low mark struck me as something that needs to be looked at. So I hope he's on this appeals list!
Original post by Ziggiezag
So I got 4As and B, which I am delighted about! I'm wanting to study Actuarial Science at Heriott-Watt next year and was wondering what a typical unconditional offer would be for that course, anyone able to help me out? And anyone else planning to do this subject? :smile:

Congrats to everyone by the way, everyone seems to be getting pretty awesome results :biggrin:

I'm going to HW to study that in September and you should be fine with grades like that as long as one of your As was maths was it? But I would suggest doing advanced maths just incase :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

I love you all unconditionally, really. :tongue:

:lol: with a few more puns of that standard TSR will never wanna let you go!
Original post by hollieeilloh
:lol: with a few more puns of that standard TSR will never wanna let you go!

Well I don't plan on making any Adjustments any time soon, but if it ever comes to that, I'd much rather Clearing out on my own. :wink:

Original post by animisha
I think what was really odd about one of the fail marks - it was Int 2 English, which he repeated to get a higher mark. Last year (2012) he received a C, so seeing such a low mark struck me as something that needs to be looked at. So I hope he's on this appeals list!

Best of luck to your son! :smile:
Hi, just wondering how resisting a couple of my highers would affect my uni application?
So now that's all over with... Looking onto next upcoming academic year. I was all planned and ready to start another 4 subjects in the physical sciences, maths, chemistry, physics etc. But I'm sort of changing my mind now and thinking of continuing with the social science route and maybe doing politics, philosophy etc. How easy is it to change my subjects at this point?
Original post by Ecosse_14
Nice one, congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks soo much! How did you get on? :smile:
So I got my breakdowns certificate and I've got a 1 for every section up until the very last part - Standard Grade Physics Problem Solving = 2.

I was so close :tongue:
Original post by jackamakka
So I got my breakdowns certificate and I've got a 1 for every section up until the very last part - Standard Grade Physics Problem Solving = 2.

I was so close :tongue:

Good job, man!
Could I get into Primary Education at Strathclyde Uni with ABBBB? (Bio, Maths, English, Physics, PE)
Also what's the chances of a successful appeal if I got 76% and 90% in the maths prelims then a B in the final? Appreciate the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only there was some way you could adjust your course choice if you meet and exceed your offer for you to consider. :tongue:
Congratulations! Absolutely fantastic grades. :smile:

Ahaha if only right :tongue: Thanks a lot, I'm so happy!! How did you get on? :smile:
Original post by NinetyOne
Good job, man!

Thank you :smile:
Well I don't plan on making any Adjustments any time soon, but if it ever comes to that, I'd much rather Clearing out on my own. :wink:

:grin: I think your jokes are too advanced for me.. don't think I've quite mastered it just yet. :tongue:
Reply 1335

Ecosse_14 was here before me, though, so he was the first Ecosse! :sad:

I so cool :cool:

/old :sad:

For the sake of humanity, please stop! :tongue:

Original post by ohsnapitsmela
Thanks soo much! How did you get on? :smile:

I'm a uni student, no SQA results for me :colondollar:
I hope you're all studying for next year now. 2013 Exams are over- chop chop! :tongue:
Reply 1337
Original post by Stressedoutteen
Hi, just wondering how resisting a couple of my highers would affect my uni application?

Depends on what you're applying for, which universities and what grades you have really.

So now that's all over with... Looking onto next upcoming academic year. I was all planned and ready to start another 4 subjects in the physical sciences, maths, chemistry, physics etc. But I'm sort of changing my mind now and thinking of continuing with the social science route and maybe doing politics, philosophy etc. How easy is it to change my subjects at this point?

Your school should hopefully be accommodating to you changing your subjects, but if not then fight your battle.

Original post by JimmyGatz
Could I get into Primary Education at Strathclyde Uni with ABBBB? (Bio, Maths, English, Physics, PE)
Also what's the chances of a successful appeal if I got 76% and 90% in the maths prelims then a B in the final? Appreciate the help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, yes :yes: Make sure you've got a good application though and relevant work experience. As for appeals, see the last part of the FAQ in the appeals thread. Basically we can't really tell you if you'll be successful or not as there are a number of factors involved.
Reply 1338
How many people get 5 A's at higher?
Original post by Stressedoutteen

Resitting a few Highers is only really that useful if you need them at a better grade, for example, if a course wants "AABB including English" and you get a C in English. Otherwise, it takes up spots that new Highers could fill.
Whether it's the right thing for you depends on what course you're going for, where you're applying, and what the rest of your application is like! Unfortunately, we can't help you with all of that on so little information, but we'd be happy to give you some advice if you'd indulge us! :smile:

It's always wise to talk to your guidance teacher/pupil support/adviser/whoever you have at school, they can often give you a lot of good advice since they're so intimately familiar with your situation. :smile:

Of course, think about appeals, too as a possible option!

Depends on how easily your school would let you change! If you want to change, you're best getting a word in as early as possible, because it's always easier to do the earlier on it is.
Think carefully about your subjects and what you'd want to do after uni, and most importantly, study something you'll enjoy! :smile:

Original post by JimmyGatz

You definitely could get onto Primary Ed if you take a few more Highers this year - you'd probably be given a conditional, though! The requirements for 2nd sitting are AAABB, so you're only 2 A's away from getting that! Great grades! :biggrin:

I'm afraid we can't tell you how likely you are to be successful with an appeal for maths due to the idiosyncratic nature of appeal evidence. If you were predicted an A, though, definitely try to get your school to submit an appeal. You're best getting in contact with them ASAP if this is what you want to do. :smile:

Original post by ohsnapitsmela
Ahaha if only right :tongue: Thanks a lot, I'm so happy!! How did you get on? :smile:

Haha, thank you so much, but I'm at university! Going into my second year after the summer, so I can guess you can say my results' day went really well. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending