Where did you find these statistics?
Reply 7881
Original post by Manchester United
Where did you find these statistics?

A video on youtube but they're from www.squawka.com
Reply 7882
Original post by Malevolent
Quit while your ahead :tongue:

I saw on Twitter Fabregas to United was trending and it said Barcelona accept 35 million bid and I was like what???

Then I saw a BBC link and got really worried. Then I saw the link it opened to :laugh:

Lol same i saw it on twitter and then my eyes lit up and thought jesus... click* whats is this? oh.... lol
I disagree that we don't need to buy if Rooney is sold. It's not about lacking cover. We have enough players for the attacking midfield/support forward role. It's about a lack of end product. I have complained a lot about Rooney's poor performances last season, but he put up some decent numbers. He should have been a lot better, but you can't complain about his actual end product. We take those away and we're missing a lot of goals and assists.

Kagawa has not yet shown that he can replace those goals and assists. Our wingers barely scored last season. Nani coming in and playing often would give us a lot more end product than Valencia and Welbeck were able to produce all of last season. No idea if that will happen, though. If Rooney leaves, we need our wingers and attacking midfield players to step up substantially or we need to buy a replacement.

I just can't see any reason to sell him to Chelsea. Even if he kicks up a fuss about it. He is a damn good #9 and him going there will help them a lot. Mata, Hazard and Oscar creating for him is a pretty scary thought.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7884
Original post by xDave-
Basically this. Powell and Lingard both play this AM position, so we don't lack cover without Rooney, just experience. But, of course, I expect more goals from Rooney than I do from Kagawa as the former is a striker, so you'd need the wingers to be more direct and contribute more in order to compensate; running up the wing and crossing it isn't going to cut it without Rooney in the box with RVP.

The 4-2-3-1 that I expect we'll play under Moyes only has one striker anyway, so if RVP goes out then we have Hernandez or.... Welbeck *shudder*. Obviously neither of them are in the same class as Rooney, but it's difficult to have several world class players when there's only one spot; teams don't have amazing keepers sitting on the bench. Still, Welbeck doesn't seem to be much of a striker these days, and we'll want to shift to formations with two strikers when we need to attack, so three players there probably wouldn't be enough for an entire season. Is Will Keane anywhere near being fit? Oh and there's always Macheda :lol:

Anyway, I'm not tooooo worried about this part of the team anyway, I think we'll manage. It's midfield that remains my concern....

I like Lingard but the number 10 role is too important to our overall game to put him in.. maybe against lower teams but he is good first team cover and maybe Lingard and Adnan can take all of welbeck's game time on the wings and as the number 10, i think that they will perform better than him in those positions, let Welbz concentrate on the roles as a striker.

We can all agree we want to see more of powell. I wont be able to be too optimistic until we get another central midfielder. it such an important position. the season is just around the corner and I don't feel right.
Most likely some truth in this story regarding Rooney. They aren't going to play the decisive role but if it was a 50-50 situation then you might think they could plug at his heartstrings (if he has got one that is) but I don't think anything will dissuade him to leave.

I can't see him playing Rio's match but leaves open whether he would in the Community Shield which who knows, he might have handed in a transfer request but again, if he does that, I can see his agent telling him not to as to not lose money.
Reply 7886
Paul Stretford makes me sick tbh
Original post by jam277
And you also manage to not win the league in both occasions.

Yes, because of goal difference and a Drogba goal that was 2 yards offside. What's your point?
Original post by sr90
Yes, because of goal difference and a Drogba goal that was 2 yards offside. What's your point?

It was a joke(I forget jokes can't be interpreted on the internet). And anyway macheda goal was handball that game iirc.
Hopefully we will get to see Angelo Henriquez tonight, I'd love it if he could snatch a goal.
Happy Birthday RVP! 30y old, wont have to watch his mug for too much longer than eh.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7892
Original post by DH1'
Good to see Zaha start again, this time with Nani on the other flank. Could be our first choice wingers this season?

I'd like to give Nani another shot, so I hope so. I think Nani and Zaha linking up with Kagawa could be quite lethal, and obviously RVP in front of them. Shame Kagawa isn't starting this one really.

Original post by Zürich
Happy Birthday RVP! 30y old, wont have to watch his mug for too much longer than eh.

umad
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Happy Birthday RVP! Great to see a 30y old 1 year into a 4y contract still earning 250k/week. Inspiring stuff.
You can laugh when he stops scoring, until then we'll do the laughing how we mugged the league's top scorer for 2 years running for less than Andy Carroll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Happy Birthday RVP! Great to see a 30y old 1 year into a 4y contract still earning 250k/week. Inspiring stuff.

One year on, Zurich still bitter as **** that RVP is lifting this instead of the prestigious finishing ahead of spurs trophy

Starting 11 vs AIK

Lindegaard

Rafael
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Zaha
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Giggs

van Persie
Original post by DaveSmith99
One year on, Zurich still bitter as **** that RVP is lifting this instead of the prestigious finishing ahead of spurs trophy

:rofl: I hope RVP does a drogba tbh.
Original post by jam277
:rofl: I hope RVP does a drogba tbh.
Not sure he'll quite go that far. That said, I'm mystified why people think he'll suddenly tail off. His game now is pretty much get into position, in to feet, turn and hit it. Not much there which is going to be drastically affected in his early 30's. He's a player who relies a lot on his reading of the game and then technique rather than speed or physicality. I think in his last season we might not get a good return on 250k but considering his current form and ability we should have already cashed in the previous 3.
Reply 7898
Considering he has barley played football in his early years he probably has a fair few years left in him tbh.
Reply 7899
Zaha is playing well just needs to add strength to his game

Latest