The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1901
Did anyone take Edexcel GCSE maths linear qualification this June? What do you think will be the boundary for an A*? What do u say the maximum mark will be for the A* boundary (worst case scenario)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that - it has helped. I think I am just in a panic cos I so want to get on do my A Levels. I have a few options of different colleges, so I guess (depending on my results) I can see what they offer me. I am in Birmingham and thinking about choosing either Cadbury College, Joseph Camberlaine or Solihull Sixth Form, but don;t know which one to choose! I have put a post out and hope to get some replies!

Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 1903
Original post by MrMusicLTD
Cool. If you don't mind me asking, what are you gonna study? & Did you go to the induction day in July?

I want to study P.E, Biology, Economics and history and yes I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisC
I want to study P.E, Biology, Economics and history and yes I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might think of me as a freak haha, but I think I remember meeting a Lewis on the induction day and I thought it might be you, but I'm probably wrong.
Original post by Tanisha97
I did the one in June .. It was about eating processed meat and its affect on teenagers. The writing questions were about explaining your worst & best meal and persuading young people to have a healthy lifestyle. I thought it went well :smile: but if I want an A overall for language then I needed to get a high A, because I only just scrapped an A on my coursework :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did this exam and yes it was predictable but still I had no clue what to write :eek:

Also, I wrote more for the shorter writing task compared to the longer one which is never a good sign

Im pretty sure I wasn't really descriptive either :P It was describe your best and worst meals wasn't it?
Oh did anyone do the AQA short course DT exam??
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I did this exam and yes it was predictable but still I had no clue what to write :eek:

Also, I wrote more for the shorter writing task compared to the longer one which is never a good sign

Im pretty sure I wasn't really descriptive either :P It was describe your best and worst meals wasn't it?

I was stuck too ! And I think you had to describe as well as explain. I tried to be unique and wrote my answer from a critics view point.

What grade are you hoping to get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanisha97
I was stuck too ! And I think you had to describe as well as explain. I tried to be unique and wrote my answer from a critics view point.

What grade are you hoping to get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah that was it, I remember it being weird because it had both describe and explain which threw me, I know its silly but still

Well I got a high A on my coursework and before the exam I was hoping for an A* but now I'm pretty sure I'll only scrape an A, which I'd be happy with :smile:

You?
(edited 10 years ago)

Is that about changes to A levels or something? Doesn't open :frown:
Original post by Ani97
Did anyone take Edexcel GCSE maths linear qualification this June? What do you think will be the boundary for an A*? What do u say the maximum mark will be for the A* boundary (worst case scenario)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey i did edexcel linear! :biggrin: Im personally aiming for an A but i reckon A* will be about 160 because the new exams have had lower grade boundaries compared to the old papers, the exams have become slightly more difficult i guess.
Original post by Molly_xox
What does it say? My phone won't open it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol same but what i do know is that out A levels will be linear, one exam at the end of each year, no january modules!!
Original post by Einstein007
Hey i did edexcel linear! :biggrin: Im personally aiming for an A but i reckon A* will be about 160 because the new exams have had lower grade boundaries compared to the old papers, the exams have become slightly more difficult i guess.

Yeah I agree, plus on average the papers weren't too bad this year were they?
Original post by Ani97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Worst case scenario 166, but I assume it'll be 163 :smile: I know I've got an A but it's really unlikely ill get an a* :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Yeah I agree, plus on average the papers weren't too bad this year were they?

Not too easy but not hard either i reckon..the non calc was solidd! But the calculator one was easy
Does anyone remember any questions from the French edexcel paper? Or were there any questions people found hard?? I can't remember anything about it because it was my first exam but I think I found listening much harder..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol same but what i do know is that out A levels will be linear, one exam at the end of each year, no january modules!!

All bar one of my GCSEs (RS) were linear so it isn't a MASSIVE shock for me, but it does mean no safety net :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too easy but not hard either i reckon..the non calc was solidd! But the calculator one was easy

Yeah I came out of the non-calc knowing I'd failed but but was much happier about the calculator!
Original post by Molly_xox
All bar one of my GCSEs (RS) were linear so it isn't a MASSIVE shock for me, but it does mean no safety net :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol ur right about the safety net, it will be very risky for me because the only linear exams i sat were maths, history and rs

Latest