The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
What's everyone's favourite scene from Attack on Titan?

Didn't intentionally ignore your earlier post, I'm just not sure I have a particular favorite scene. :dontknow: I guess if I had to choose, anything involving the colossal titan, and the majority of episode 17. :yes:
Everyone's favourite Attack on Titan scene so far? (Post in spoilers obviously). =P

Manga needs to be made a weekly! :fuhrer:
Last month's chapter was just talk :yawn:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When Hans thought that he was a boss, then ran away lol. That was hilarious.
Reply 5023

Spoiler

Got chills man :cool:
Reply 5024
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I'd say Attack on Titan lives up to the hype... but the best way to find out would be to watch it yourself. :biggrin:

Oops! I forgot about the on topic thread. I decided to watch it after my post and I do like it so far. It's pretty amazing :smile:

Everyone's favourite Attack on Titan scene so far? (Post in spoilers obviously). =P

I don't have a particular scene in mind but Mikasa has amazing scenes.
(edited 10 years ago)

Spoiler

Reply 5026
Original post by F_shakeey
Manga needs to be made a weekly! :fuhrer:
Last month's chapter was just talk :yawn:

I don't read the manga, but when I heard the manga is updated monthly I was quite worried about the pacing of the show. The pace has noticeably dropped in recent episodes but do you think there is enough material to tide them to the end of this season? It would be a shame if the show's strong start was ruined by something like not enough material, so that they drag each episode out Naruto style, which I feel like it's about to be getting to that point -.-

Oh and btw, I've finally caught up with Kuroko no Basket manga and now I am like a thousand times more pumped for season 2 XD I have to say though, the plays are getting more and more ridiculous. Thank god the story is interesting enough to distract me from those super powered moves.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Naami
I don't read the manga, but when I heard the manga is updated monthly I was quite worried about the pacing of the show. The pace has noticeably dropped in recent episodes but do you think there is enough material to tide them to the end of this season? It would be a shame if the show's strong start was ruined by something like not enough material, so that they drag each episode out Naruto style, which I feel like it's about to be getting to that point -.-

Oh and btw, I've finally caught up with Kuroko no Basket manga and now I am like a thousand times more pumped for season 2 XD I have to say though, the plays are getting more and more ridiculous. Thank god the story is interesting enough to distract me from those super powered moves.

Yeah I've told my friends that too they'll have to make it yearly seasons unless Hajime Isayama does something about it and moves to a weekly. I havent seen the anime yet, what part are they up to? Naruto and its ninja animals filler :facepalm: thats why I think in 20 years time Naruto will just be seen as a decent anime but not on FMA or Code Geass level.

The current arc needs to hurry and end thats for sure :yep: but I cant wait to see 'the zone' in the anime and all the GoM meet. Yeah Akashi has the most ridiculous power I've ever seen but the way he switched in the past arc was just :zomg: I'm just waiting to see what happens to Kuroko's mate :iiam:
I've never actually considered watching Attack on Titan until this thread... Is it worth a try? The synopsis and genres kinda put me off (I usually dislike super power/sci-fi anime) - but everyone seems to be giving it really good reviews. I love addictive/unique anime, so I might overcome my genre barrier and try it out? :biggrin:
Original post by porridgeandrhi
I've never actually considered watching Attack on Titan until this thread... Is it worth a try? The synopsis and genres kinda put me off (I usually dislike super power/sci-fi anime) - but everyone seems to be giving it really good reviews. I love addictive/unique anime, so I might overcome my genre barrier and try it out? :biggrin:

I won't say anything because I have been told my reviews tend to be too bias but, I usually give an anime 3-4 episodes (pending how long it is) to let me see if it is my thing, typically if the anime is longer than 50ish episodes, I will give it 10 episodes though given it may be a slow start. =l
Reply 5030
Original post by F_shakeey
Yeah I've told my friends that too they'll have to make it yearly seasons unless Hajime Isayama does something about it and moves to a weekly. I havent seen the anime yet, what part are they up to? Naruto and its ninja animals filler :facepalm: thats why I think in 20 years time Naruto will just be seen as a decent anime but not on FMA or Code Geass level.

The current arc needs to hurry and end thats for sure :yep: but I cant wait to see 'the zone' in the anime and all the GoM meet. Yeah Akashi has the most ridiculous power I've ever seen but the way he switched in the past arc was just :zomg: I'm just waiting to see what happens to Kuroko's mate :iiam:

:gasp: You haven't been watching the anime?! Why on earth not? The animation is gorgeous and the music is epic, some of the best OST's I've heard in a while! I'm on episode 16 atm, but I'm putting it on hold to wait for more episodes and just marathon it later but so far

Spoiler

Yeah the current arc has been dragging on for a while, but I'm glad to know that Akashi wasn't a natural born prick -- I hope they expand on the 2 personality thing a bit more.

Original post by porridgeandrhi

Attack on Titan definitely is addictive! It's probably heading to be the show of the year (depending on what fall/winter seasons like) -- try out the first episode and see how you like it :biggrin: It has a great story, animation, music -- simply gripping!
Hey everyone!

I really love Studio Ghibli films (who would have guessed :biggrin:), but I haven't moved onto any other animes as yet, so I was hoping you guys could suggest some good starting points

Reply 5032
Well it all depends on what genre you like but I'd suggest anime like paradise kiss, a little more adult themed than ghibli. 5 centimetres per second, film. Clannad, chihayafuru, not very similar to ghibli but a good watch. Nurarihyon no mago, kinda like spirited away but a little different. Princess princess is another good watch which I watched early on In my anime life. Robotics notes, psycho-pass are two more id suggest but they are nothing like ghibli.

Until you have an idea what type of genres you enjoy all you can do is watch 5 eps or so of various anime to see if you enjoy them.
Reply 5033
Also i've had to stall/drop Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! It was just getting too cringey for me. It had it's funny moments but I am literally unable to watch stuff that has cringey comedy/awkwardness like that all the time. If anyone else watches it any further can you let me know if the story and characters progress any more because I really am struggling to watch it after 4 eps.
Original post by Naami
:gasp: You haven't been watching the anime?! Why on earth not? The animation is gorgeous and the music is epic, some of the best OST's I've heard in a while! I'm on episode 16 atm, but I'm putting it on hold to wait for more episodes and just marathon it later but so far

Spoiler

Yeah the current arc has been dragging on for a while, but I'm glad to know that Akashi wasn't a natural born prick -- I hope they expand on the 2 personality thing a bit more.

I'm waiting for the anime to end so I can watch the whole season in one go I.e. a marathon like you're going to do.
But I heard the opening and damn was it epic :yep:

you've still got ages to go then there's a lot more still to happen but there's only been 30 odd chapters so far so a few more episodes and you'll catch up :yep:

Yeah he seemed like a really nice guy especially how he helped Kuroko at the start. They most definitely will since he's now the main antagonist of the arc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smile:D
Hey everyone!

I really love Studio Ghibli films (who would have guessed :biggrin:), but I haven't moved onto any other animes as yet, so I was hoping you guys could suggest some good starting points

I found Summer Wars to be really good. :smile:
Basically, maths genius solves problem, gives answer to problem to computer, world war 3 begins. :biggrin:

Is very good though, even if the film reminds you of War Games.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by smile:D
Hey everyone!

Hello! :biggrin:

Here's a few great (in my opinion!) series that spring to mind as being relatively easy for people who are new to anime. :smile:

Wolf's Rain

Last Exile

Seirei no Moribito

Denno Coil

Kemono no Souja Erin

Hope something there catches your interest. :biggrin:
Thanks for all your suggestions :smile: I'm looking forward to an anime-filled summer :h:
Original post by ianh16
Also i've had to stall/drop Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! It was just getting too cringey for me. It had it's funny moments but I am literally unable to watch stuff that has cringey comedy/awkwardness like that all the time. If anyone else watches it any further can you let me know if the story and characters progress any more because I really am struggling to watch it after 4 eps.

episode 4 was good...im going to continue watching it, I know what you mean about it being too cringey sometimes though, there were scenes in episode 5 that made me cringe so badly I had to look away from the screen because I felt so bad for tomoko. and usually I am very emotionless watching anything.

I also think sometimes think tomoko's situation is so sad, I don't really know where this show is heading but I hope things get better for her.
I need recommendations! Something similar to Code Geass or Death Note is what I want right now~~

Latest