The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollieeilloh
WOO, flavoured vodka party when I arrive in Ggow :teehee:

Apple and Vanilla and Blueberry and Orange and....
Original post by MichGaughan97
Thanks. Woa! Well done!! :biggrin: Well I'm definitely taking English, History and Spanish but not sure about the others. I Have a meeting on Monday to choose them haha :smile: What have you taken??

Im taking maths english biology chemistry and physics :biggrin:
Original post by LetTheSunShine27
Hi I got my higher results today and I'm a bit disappointed with my results. I got 4 B's in English, French, German and Geography. I was disappointed with the B in French because I got A's in both my prelims. My teachers kept building my confidence up saying i would get all A's but I didn't and I feel like a failure. My English teachers were saying I would get an A no problem. I know that I could have got an A if I worked faster in the exam because I found it really easy and straightforward but since it was so easy I took my time on it to try get all the marks I could. I ran massively out of time and only got to question 10 and I think there were at least thirteen? Plus obviously the last question is a five marker. I'm so angry and upset.

I wanted to carry on a school for sixth year next year and do higher music and higher psychology and advanced higher German before going to university the following year to do German. However my grades are not good enough. I won't get in any where with the grades I have to do German. I don't know what to do. I feel so low and anxious.

Remember if you did better in prelims than your actual exams you can appeal :biggrin: but please don't feel bad about yourself, 4B's isn't bad, you passed everything, and you passed well. Exams are not an accurate test of intelligence. You can still do advanced higher German with a B at higher and get a good grade. Please don't feel disheartened, there's always a plan B and if you want to do German badly enough, you'll get there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Apologetic Cube
Wow, I went down to the school today and found out that I got 5 Band 1 A's and a Band 3 B. If only I hadn't ****ed up Biology or had just stuck to five subjects like everyone else did; I'm my own worse enemy sometimes.

I know it sucks ruining that perfect streak with the B in Biology, Alex - I get how bad it feels coming so close, but honestly. Those are fantastic results! You should be super pleased! In fact, you did way better than I did (or anyone else I know on my course) in S5. You're amongst some of the very top academic achievers in the country, and the world is literally your oyster right now. You've got the best results I've seen on this forum so far!

You haven't let anyone down, and you haven't ****ed anything up. Biology was a tricky paper - you've done extremely well to do as well as you did. Be proud of what you've achieved - this is a victory. :smile:
Reply 1464
I got 5 A's...I am just so happy because I spent a whole night crying over Higher Biology thinking that I failed it completely. I currently on a work experience shadowing solicitors in a law firm and none of them got 5A's and so I was HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ME! The first thing they asked me about this morning was my exam results and they were all very happy which was nice :biggrin:. No but seriously I am so shocked. When I received my text message I was convinced that there was an error in it. I still don't understand how I managed to get a A in Biology at all. It still hasn't sunk in that I have achieved 5A's this year, but at least I have near guaranteed unconditionals to every university in Scotland for Law :smile:.
Reply 1465
Is anyone thinking about going to strathclyde next year (2014/15)?!
Reply 1466
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Hopefully? Nah. This sets you up great for applying to medicine. In fact, I did the exact same subjects as you did in 5th year and am now going into my 2nd year. :cute:
Good luck with the rest of your application, and best of luck!!

Thanks, that's good to hear! So where abouts are you at uni? :smile:

And if you don't me asking, what did you take in 6th year? I'm probably going to take AH Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but a Higher in Physics is tempting me a little bit as well haha :wink:
Reply 1467
Original post by Jenny.T
I got 5 A's...I am just so happy because I spent a whole night crying over Higher Biology thinking that I failed it completely. I currently on a work experience shadowing solicitors in a law firm and none of them got 5A's and so I was HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ME! The first thing they asked me about this morning was my exam results and they were all very happy which was nice :biggrin:. No but seriously I am so shocked. When I received my text message I was convinced that there was an error in it. I still don't understand how I managed to get a A in Biology at all. It still hasn't sunk in that I have achieved 5A's this year, but at least I have near guaranteed unconditionals to every university in Scotland for Law :smile:.

Congrats! :woo:

Original post by Andi99
Is anyone thinking about going to strathclyde next year (2014/15)?!

Not me, since I'm already at uni, but what you hoping to study? :smile:
Well done everyone. You all seem to have done fantastic!:biggrin:

I for one was just sitting measly standard grades/Int2s, so yeah, not that bad or important.
And I'm happy. Got one A, five 1's and two 2's, which, is good I guess. I'm just pissed that I let myself take French. Why?! *hits face in anger*
Original post by coultra1
Thanks, that's good to hear! So where abouts are you at uni? :smile:

And if you don't me asking, what did you take in 6th year? I'm probably going to take AH Biology, Chemistry and Maths, but a Higher in Physics is tempting me a little bit as well haha :wink:

That's exactly what I took. AH Bio, Chem, Maths and crash Physics. I dropped biology, though!
My entire application profile is in my sig - if you click the wee blue button that's at the line just at the bottom of my post, you'll see my sig and the link'll be obvious.

I'm at Edinburgh! :smile:

Original post by Jenny.T

Well done Jenny. I don't need to tell you how well you've done. :biggrin:
Congrats!!
Reply 1470
That's exactly what I took. AH Bio, Chem, Maths and crash Physics. I dropped biology, though!
My entire application profile is in my sig - if you click the wee blue button that's at the line just at the bottom of my post, you'll see my sig and the link'll be obvious.

I'm at Edinburgh! :smile:

Ah okay, that's such a coincidence! What's even more of a coincidence is that my first choice will more than likely be Edinburgh!

Ooh I never knew you could do that, thank you :tongue:
Reply 1471
Original post by hollieeilloh
Well done! Don't worry about maths, I got a C (which is then followed by 6 As and a B at Highers) and it is right at the top of mine too. My mum says it definitely ruins it :wink:

Thanks :smile: Yeh I'm not, the only thing that ever so slightly bothers me is the straight line of A's is ruined haha. However I'm just glad to have them because I hate waiting for my results, although I don't know how long you have to wait for results at university.
Ah okay, that's such a coincidence! What's even more of a coincidence is that my first choice will more than likely be Edinburgh!

Ooh I never knew you could do that, thank you :tongue:

Ahh...Edinburgh was my last choice, but I absolutely love it here! :biggrin:

Edinburgh probably would've been my firm if I could've changed courses there tbh. Life goes on though :tongue:
Original post by atomos
crashed higher biology in my 6th year, definitely thought it was easier compared to the other sciences I did in 5th year, and managed to get an A.
it will probably help since you're doing the other sciences too.

Thankyou.. I'll consider it nearer the time, a lot can happen in a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1475

Oh really? Well, my mind might change after I've been to some open days, got a few booked over the next month or so :biggrin:

I'm planning on applying to the same universities as you, apart from Dundee which I will replace with St Andrews. I was born in and live fairly near Dundee, and as much as I like it, I just can't see myself being at university there! Bit close to home :tongue:
If anybody is looking for a higher to crash, I would suggest Administration. I crashed it this year and got an A with relative ease. Yes, it can be a bit boring sometimes just learning and repeating facts. However, if you have common sense (ie what are the advantages of advertising a vacancy internally) you should find it easy.
Any questions, I'll answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will be phoning the deputy head at my school to find out my bandings tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Will be phoning the deputy head at my school to find out my bandings tomorrow! :smile:

The Head from my school phoned me about 2 hours ago, it was sooo awkward, but i have to go in tomorrow to find out my bands, he said only 1 other person expect from me got 5 As from my school!
Reply 1479
Original post by -Neuro-
I'll just finish Ecosse's questionnaire.

Forgot about those questions :tongue: Only 2 people have filled them in :lol:

Oh really? Well, my mind might change after I've been to some open days, got a few booked over the next month or so :biggrin:

I'm planning on applying to the same universities as you, apart from Dundee which I will replace with St Andrews. I was born in and live fairly near Dundee, and as much as I like it, I just can't see myself being at university there! Bit close to home :tongue:

St Andrews.. good choice :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending