The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HaraamPolice
Astagz so much haraam on this thread. Repent sincerely brothers and sisters shaitaan is doing waswas.

My goodness why do I have so many negative reps on this post I am only looking out for your souls.

Haraamis gonna haraam.
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
A is around 65%, which is 130/200 if this is Edexcel.
Lowest it's been is like 55% so maybe but I didn't find the year hard or easy compared to my past papers

I'm not sure what it was, but the predicted grade for an A was supposed to be like 120 on one of the forums I checked the week after? I'm just hoping like hell for an A:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1942
Original post by CarpeFilia
I'm not sure what it was, but the predicted grade for an A was supposed to be like 120 on one of the forums I checked the week after? I'm just hoping like hell for an A:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Nov 2012 was 120 but it was hard compared to the June one (I sat both). However, the March 2012 was easier than the June one. If I were to guesstimate I'd say 126-131 for an A (I'm hoping for one too:frown:)
Original post by elixirs
The Nov 2012 was 120 but it was hard compared to the June one (I sat both). However, the March 2012 was easier than the June one. If I were to guesstimate I'd say 126-131 for an A (I'm hoping for one too:frown:)

I did the calc and non-calc in June (like the 13th or something) and I came out of the non-calculator practically crying! I think the grade boundaries might be lower because the non-calculator was hard but the calc paper was easy? I'm so confused:frown: I'm hoping to scrape a few lucky marks here and there, I think I only need about 10 more ish- maybe less, Our school does so many mocks I didn't even know this was the real thing and I didn't revise:') Good luck! I hope you get your A because you deserve it more than I do haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1944
I did the calc and non-calc in June (like the 13th or something) and I came out of the non-calculator practically crying! I think the grade boundaries might be lower because the non-calculator was hard but the calc paper was easy? I'm so confused:frown: I'm hoping to scrape a few lucky marks here and there, I think I only need about 10 more ish- maybe less, Our school does so many mocks I didn't even know this was the real thing and I didn't revise:') Good luck! I hope you get your A because you deserve it more than I do haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops on my last post I meant March 2013 it was 136 for an A! Yeah, I think we did the same, Edexcel Linear? Oooh yeah we did, the first paper was a total knock to confidence and I had made like 20 marks worth of silly mistakes alone too :colondollar: The 2nd was better! Awww, I think if I get/miss the A it will be within 10 marks like you:frown: For me if I don't get this A it won't be so bad since I really only cared for maths April-June time. However, I'm determined to get the A and will resit in 6th form if need be (which you can do if you miss yours):smile:
Original post by elixirs
Oops on my last post I meant March 2013 it was 136 for an A! Yeah, I think we did the same, Edexcel Linear? Oooh yeah we did, the first paper was a total knock to confidence and I had made like 20 marks worth of silly mistakes alone too :colondollar: The 2nd was better! Awww, I think if I get/miss the A it will be within 10 marks like you:frown: For me if I don't get this A it won't be so bad since I really only cared for maths April-June time. However, I'm determined to get the A and will resit in 6th form if need be (which you can do if you miss yours):smile:

I can re-do this in year 11 I guess, I don't even care about maths:') I'm more of a languages kind of girl haha, Yeah it was edexcel linear. You sound really smart so you should be fine!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1946
I can re-do this in year 11 I guess, I don't even care about maths:') I'm more of a languages kind of girl haha, Yeah it was edexcel linear. You sound really smart so you should be fine!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh even better! Ikr I hope I secure this A so I never see the subject again! Nice, languages > maths (irony of using '>' :biggrin:) Ahaha thanks hopefully you're right:smile:
Reply 1947
Original post by MrMusicLTD
You might think of me as a freak haha, but I think I remember meeting a Lewis on the induction day and I thought it might be you, but I'm probably wrong.

What form were u in? And what's your name if u don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't wanna act arrogant or make you guys feel bad but I'll be disappointed with under 195/200 for Maths :tongue:
Well just over 2 weeks away, now! I'm feeling a little nervous. Try as I may to forget about them over the summer, during the past few weeks I have dreams where I've both passed my exams and failed them all! :tongue: I'm currently brushing up my language skills for my AS levels so I guess that's keeping me busy until then. :h:

How is everyone else feeling? I can't believe it's August already. I had my last exam on the 4th June and I remember thinking that results day felt like eons away. The summer always goes past so quickly. :frown:
Reply 1950
Don't wanna act arrogant or make you guys feel bad but I'll be disappointed with under 195/200 for Maths :tongue:

It's alright, we all excel at different things and hence have different expectations:cool:
Reply 1951
I am scared for results' day this year. I think I will do okay overall but I am really worried about my GCSE Physics grade. I messed up on the exams and my coursework is only a B so it can't pull my grade up. I really need at least a B in all three sciences.

And I am nervous about enrolling for Sixth Form. What if I pick the wrong subjects? What will happen?
Reply 1952

I buggered up my chances of getting a high score in maths on the first exam, it was my first gcse exam first thing on a Monday, I had spent the previous long weekend up in Scotland and hadn't slept or eaten properly in 3 days, and had just got back from a 6 hour car journey... Not to mention I didn't do any revision because I forgot about the exam!! :s-smilie::eek:

Now just getting into the A* boundary will do me, after all a grade is a grade, doesn't matter how many marks you have over the boundary! :cool:
Original post by Saima97
I am scared for results' day this year. I think I will do okay overall but I am really worried about my GCSE Physics grade. I messed up on the exams and my coursework is only a B so it can't pull my grade up. I really need at least a B in all three sciences.

And I am nervous about enrolling for Sixth Form. What if I pick the wrong subjects? What will happen?

Most schools have a grace period of a few weeks where you can switch to other subjects. Think extremely carefully about what you are interested in, what you are passionate about and what you wish to study at university. I'm a mature student and the amount of people I see with combinations that seriously hinder their prospects is quite alarming. They're quite big questions to ask yourself when you are 16 though, as obviously university still feels light years away when it really isn't.

If you feel you may have chosen the wrong subject speak to your course or form tutor as soon as possible.
(edited 10 years ago)

I couldn't care less:') It's maths! I hate it, all I want to do is pass and get the hell away from it hahaha, It's fine because I know I'm going to do kind-of-well in other subjects so it doesn't bother me, the only thing about results that bothers me is when my friends ask me what I got so they can show off their marks:\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
I buggered up my chances of getting a high score in maths on the first exam, it was my first gcse exam first thing on a Monday, I had spent the previous long weekend up in Scotland and hadn't slept or eaten properly in 3 days, and had just got back from a 6 hour car journey... Not to mention I didn't do any revision because I forgot about the exam!! :s-smilie::eek:

Now just getting into the A* boundary will do me, after all a grade is a grade, doesn't matter how many marks you have over the boundary! :cool:

We used to say 'a mark over the A* boundary is a mark wasted' :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know:
Core Science foundation grade boundary in percentage...
Additional Science higher grade boundary in percentage?
Original post by Molly_xox
We used to say 'a mark over the A* boundary is a mark wasted' :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it wasted? I thought getting an A* was a good thing:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Well just over 2 weeks away, now! I'm feeling a little nervous. Try as I may to forget about them over the summer, during the past few weeks I have dreams where I've both passed my exams and failed them all! :tongue: I'm currently brushing up my language skills for my AS levels so I guess that's keeping me busy until then. :h:

How is everyone else feeling? I can't believe it's August already. I had my last exam on the 4th June and I remember thinking that results day felt like eons away. The summer always goes past so quickly. :frown:

I thought summer was going to be absolutely long, but two months flew by. July felt pretty long, mind.
Original post by elixirs
It's alright, we all excel at different things and hence have different expectations:cool:

Yeah sure, I hate other subjects, especially the ones I was forced to do like DT
Why is it wasted? I thought getting an A* was a good thing:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, as a joke, when we used to get on the border of an A* we'd go 'oh any mark over the boundary doesn't mean anything' because we still got the A* :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest