The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:< I can't sleep. I need to wait until my eyelids are heavy.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Beat me. I couldn't tell the difference between a right lung and a left lung in an anatomy exam. :wink:

And I completely forgot the word "chromatography" in my biology exam 3 years ago!

Ahhh, but that could actually be quite complicated! I'm assuming the guy is facing you, in which case, is it your left or his left? We've just started chromatography in chemistry *shudders*. An horrific topic, you were probably just subconsciously blanking it for the sake of your sanity :tongue:
Reply 62
I don't think I have enough money for the amount of remarks and resits I gotta do, money anyone? :P
Original post by Vinster
Anyone else hoping aqa are feeling generous? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoping and praying :P haha, which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by SyedaK
It's because it was nearing the 10,000 park even though there was like 800 posts to go... but meh

And the results no discussion thread, why was that replaced?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Reply 65
Original post by hannah08
Does anybody know when the grade boundaries come up on aqa is it the day before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually, yes.
I wonder what I used to think about before I started A-Levels.
Original post by SyedaK
Hahaah Oh lord! I'm sure I put chlorofluorocarbon but in my mock i wrote 'carbofluorocarbon!'
This year 2013, it was 72 for an A, I hope it's at least the same but I wish it was lower, just for my own selfish reasons....and hopefully others

Nothing like the failure of others to help us get that A :wink:. Lets he honest, there are few things that beat coming out of a good exam which everyone else found difficult "Oh, you think you've failed? That's terrible..." *mentally* "GET IN!" :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by adi19956
And the results no discussion thread, why was that replaced?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No idea
After 50 days the mods **** up my countdown!!! :fuhrer:
Reply 70
Original post by hannah_lou
Hoping and praying :P haha, which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully in psychology theyre feeling generous!
Reply 71
Original post by King Hotpie
Nothing like the failure of others to help us get that A :wink:. Lets he honest, there are few things that beat coming out of a good exam which everyone else found difficult "Oh, you think you've failed? That's terrible..." *mentally* "GET IN!" :tongue:

haha exactly! Just know, you've done better than at least someone and you're not alone.
What other subjects have you taken?
Ahhh, but that could actually be quite complicated! I'm assuming the guy is facing you, in which case, is it your left or his left? We've just started chromatography in chemistry *shudders*. An horrific topic, you were probably just subconsciously blanking it for the sake of your sanity :tongue:

Haha, no! It was just a lung on a table, and we had to know whether it was left or right to answer the questions properly! No cadaver involved.
I got it right at first, but changed my answers when I mistakenly convinced myself it was the opposite side in a panic. :frown:

It didn't do a very good job at blanking. I woke up 3 days later, sat up straight in my bed, and just said "chromatography" - starting to chuckle to myself and shake my head; finally remembering it at that moment. Too late. :lol:
Original post by vicky8761
hopefully in psychology theyre feeling generous!

Same! I think PSYA3 went strangely well, and PSYA4 was a heap better than January. Either that or it was so much of a blur that I only think I've done well. :lol:
Original post by SyedaK
haha exactly! Just know, you've done better than at least someone and you're not alone.
What other subjects have you taken?

Physics, maths and economics (dropping economics). I'll hopefully be doing the entire further maths a-level next year as well, which means 9 maths exams in summer (damn it Gove! :angry:), but it will be worth it if it helps me get all my offers (I'm applying for physics). How about you?
Reply 75
Anyone get the feeling that it's 'your' subject you ballsed up most? I want to do geography at university but think that my geography exams were my worst ones... :argh:
Reply 76
Physics, maths and economics (dropping economics). I'll hopefully be doing the entire further maths a-level next year as well, which means 9 maths exams in summer (damn it Gove! :angry:), but it will be worth it if it helps me get all my offers (I'm applying for physics). How about you?

Impressive, Maths is hard and I've been put off Physics for life due to the teacher.
I take Biology, Chemistry, Sociology and Media Studies. Planning to drop Sociology.
Reply 77
Original post by Paramore<3
Anyone get the feeling that it's 'your' subject you ballsed up most? I want to do geography at university but think that my geography exams were my worst ones... :argh:

yes :unimpressed:
Think it might be the reason I don't get into my firm..
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Haha, no! It was just a lung on a table, and we had to know whether it was left or right to answer the questions properly! No cadaver involved.
I got it right at first, but changed my answers when I mistakenly convinced myself it was the opposite side in a panic. :frown:

It didn't do a very good job at blanking. I woke up 3 days later, sat up straight in my bed, and just said "chromatography" - starting to chuckle to myself and shake my head; finally remembering it at that moment. Too late. :lol:

Oh I see! Now I feel a little bit silly :tongue:. Sounds like me after my physics exam. Don't know how much you know about physics (probably more than I know about anatomy!), but it was a standing waves question, where we had to times the distance between 'hotspots' by 2, then use the wave equation to find the wavelength. I finished the exam, and afterwards I had this niggling feeling that I'd forgotten something. About a day later I was walking down the street, not even thinking about it, then just realised "I forgot to times by 2!", and facepalmed. Even more annoying because going into the exam I was thinking "got to remember to times by 2!"
Reply 79
Original post by Paramore<3

Hell yeah! Chemistry needs to love me back one day. It's my favourite subject and I'm sure I've messed up just a tad because of preparing too hard. If that makes sense.

Latest