The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Missing the old thread with the countdown :'( *cries hysterically in corner*.... look what this wait for results has done to my sanityyy! :bawling::bawling:
Reply 101
Gosh I'm that nervous I'm not even nervous. It's like that feeling when you can feel an inevitable pending doom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awkwardusername
This is going to make me sound like such an idiot, but the email we get on results day:
1) Is it just "SOMETHING ON TRACK HAS CHANGED!" or will it actually tell us if we're in or not?
2) What sort of time do people get it? Does everyone get them sent out at the same time, or is it just as and when?

First of all, your question is far from stupid.

I read somewhere on UCAS that the email they send out to you is not a your track has changed type of email. They have started sending out emails informing applicants about whether they have got accepted by either their firm or their insurance choices.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi19956
And the results no discussion thread, why was that replaced?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

All the results day threads that are now public have been in development for a while, and the reason for this is so that the TSR team can more easily coordinate and plan out all the results-day related content (that isn't just forum threads). Most notably, the thread urls will remain the same.

I realise that as a user, this must be somewhat frustrating. All I can say is that;
a) These threads are specifically designed to help out users and help each other share their own content.
b) I really don't think who is or isn't the OP of a thread makes a difference.
c) All these threads have been posted in good time (with 10 days to go).
d) I think it is good to have a rather strong presence from the moderation team around results day. Users want to see that people who know what they are talking about* care and are willing to participate and answer questions. I am sure everyone appreciates how PQ (an ex mod) has been around answering questions, and there are more staff/ volunteers who also have extensive and helpful knowledge.

*I'm not suggesting other users don't have a good knowledge of results day.

If you want to raise a point related to how the forums are managed, please post in AAM.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sneha.vag
Cool. Did you do c3 and c4? A, I totally envy you right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I only did C1 C2 S1 M1 M2 FP1, but why the envy? :redface:
Original post by gracecooke55
Missing the old thread with the countdown :'( *cries hysterically in corner*.... look what this wait for results has done to my sanityyy! :bawling::bawling:

Same. These are community threads and always have been. Guarantee we'll all get warned for any post non results day related.

I can't even save our Results Day logo because if I open it again I'm banned :frown:
First of all, your question is far from stupid.

I read somewhere on UCAS that the email they send out to you is not a your track has changed type of email. They have started sending out emails informing applicants about whether they have got accepted by either their firm or their insurance choices.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so confused! I've been told that it is and that it isn't and I just want it all to be over with :frown:
Reply 107
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Nah I only did C1 C2 S1 M1 M2 FP1, but why the envy? :redface:

That's actually quite an unfortunate way of doing it, in my opinion anyway. At my school we did C1-4 and 2 applied, meaning that applying to universities was much more comfortable since you already have a grade in the bag.
Reply 108
Original post by Alice:)
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

yeah, I did this and sort of regret it now. I've been thinking of calling up my insurance uni too but have been going back and forth about it. Not sure what to do but need to decide quick! Really hope I make my firm.
Thank you for putting the countdown up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arva
That's actually quite an unfortunate way of doing it, in my opinion anyway. At my school we did C1-4 and 2 applied, meaning that applying to universities was much more comfortable since you already have a grade in the bag.

Yh I agree, I would've happily swapped S1(or M2) and FP1 for C3 and C4 since I find Core easier. Ah well next year should be fun! :biggrin:
The countdown returns :tongue:
Reply 112
Who did Edexcel A-level Maths this June? If yes, what would you predict you are going to get? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AS maths and further and I'm hoping for two A's but D1 and M1 really messed me up :frown:
did you do maths?
8 days. OH MAH GAWD
So, I just turned 18 guys :bigsmile:
Reply 115
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yh I agree, I would've happily swapped S1(or M2) and FP1 for C3 and C4 since I find Core easier. Ah well next year should be fun! :biggrin:

Core is more fun too! Until you get to FP2 that is.

Oddly enough I struggled with that the most throughout the year but I think I've done the best in it in the end, the paper was lovely. :lol:

M3's disgusting though, it's truly awful. Which applied are you taking?
Original post by Bulbasaur

Happy birthday! :biggrin:
Reply 117
Original post by Bulbasaur

Did you turn into an Ivysaur? :teeth:

:party: Happy birthday! :party:
YAY. The countdown to my impending doom is back.
Original post by Alice:)
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:

I got AAB at as and my insurance is BBC I am still so worried I won't get my C in english though. . Hoping for an A* to boost it up...

But I love my insurance uni as much as my firm!

Latest