congrats to all for great exam results
i got 4As and a B
A bio chem history and ENGLISH!!!! So surprised about that
B in maths - kinda gutted cause feel Im way better at maths than English
but all in all really happy!!!:smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Forgot about those questions :tongue: Only 2 people have filled them in :lol:

St Andrews.. good choice :wink:

Really wanting to apply to St A's now....hopefully AAAAB (requesting AAAB minimum for russian and modern history course) grades along with a strong PS and references should make me a competitive applicant. :smile: Not gonna lie though, am still vaguely contemplating a possible Oxbridge application, although I am sooo undecided :colondollar:
Reply 1482
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Really wanting to apply to St A's now....hopefully AAAAB (requesting AAAB minimum for russian and modern history course) grades along with a strong PS and references should make me a competitive applicant. :smile: Not gonna lie though, am still vaguely contemplating a possible Oxbridge application, although I am sooo undecided :colondollar:

Yep, definitely in for a good shout with those grades for St Andrews. :smile:

I say go for Oxbridge if it's somewhere you'd enjoy studying and you like the look of either of their courses! You have nothing to lose really :dontknow:
Yep, definitely in for a good shout with those grades for St Andrews. :smile:

I say go for Oxbridge if it's somewhere you'd enjoy studying and you like the look of either of their courses! You have nothing to lose really :dontknow:

That's reassuring to hear. Also, how much weight do they place upon teachers' references? :smile:
I'm a bit late to this thread but anywho I got:

SG Computing - 1
SG Technological Srudies - 1
SG French - 1
SG Mathematics - 2 (can I appeal if I got a 1 in the prelim?)
SG Physics - 2
SG Chemistry - 2
SG Music - 2 (I'm so happy about this one, I got a 4 in the prelim)

Overall, results are a lower than I expected but they're all credit grades. Next year I'm gunning for 5 As (or 6 if I take Chemistry).

Congrats to everyone on getting the results they needed!
Reply 1485
Original post by ladymarshmallow
That's reassuring to hear. Also, how much weight do they place upon teachers' references? :smile:

I'm not really sure. Tbh, I've always imagined teachers' references to be the same for a lot of people so the PS is definitely more important. The reference is still important though, don't get me wrong. You'll obviously get a glowing reference though! :tongue:
Reply 1486
Original post by Princepieman
I'm a bit late to this thread but anywho I got:

SG Computing - 1
SG Technological Srudies - 1
SG French - 1
SG Mathematics - 2 (can I appeal if I got a 1 in the prelim?)
SG Physics - 2
SG Chemistry - 2
SG Music - 2 (I'm so happy about this one, I got a 4 in the prelim)

Overall, results are a lower than I expected but they're all credit grades. Next year I'm gunning for 5 As (or 6 if I take Chemistry).

Congrats to everyone on getting the results they needed!

Awesome results, congrats!

Yep if you were predicted a 1 for maths which you probably were if you got a 1 in the prelim then you should be able to apply. :smile:
Awesome results, congrats!

Yep if you were predicted a 1 for maths which you probably were if you got a 1 in the prelim then you should be able to apply. :smile:

Thank you! I'll look into applying in a couple days, I'm still in France right now.
Reply 1488
Well, results day is officially over, and what a busy 24 hours it was for the forum! :tongue:

I hope you're all happy with your results and got the advice you needed if that's what you came to the forum for. The plans for next steps still go on, so make sure to come back and let us know whether you got that place in Clearing, whether you got that appeal you were hoping for, whether you decided to do X subject or Y subject, or whatever your situation is. What I basically mean is stick around on the forum and don't desert us :cry2:

I'm very proud of you all, well done ScotQuals! :awesome:
Has everyone seen the grade boundries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya :smile: I received 7 A's in a mix of standard grades and int 2's, however I also received one B for int 2 home ec, do you think that could affect my chances of doing medicine, even if I worked really hard and received good grades in my highers and advanced highers?
Original post by StressedPupil
Hiya :smile: I received 7 A's in a mix of standard grades and int 2's, however I also received one B for int 2 home ec, do you think that could affect my chances of doing medicine, even if I worked really hard and received good grades in my highers and advanced highers?

Nah, this isn't going to have any big impact on your application. You could genuinely forget about your 4th year grades from this point on! Just focus on getting all the rest of the parts of your application right now, and you'll be well on your way. :biggrin:
Best of luck!!
Original post by StressedPupil

No.
I needed BBCC for my conditional for RGU and I got BCCD. I've checked Track and I'm yet to be declined or accepted despite being below the conditions. Do I phone them up or do I just wait and see what happens? :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnmuir
I needed BBCC for my conditional for RGU and I got BCCD. I've checked Track and I'm yet to be declined or accepted despite being below the conditions. Do I phone them up or do I just wait and see what happens? :-(

Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear you've missed your conditions, but chin up and stay optimistic! :wink: Definitely phone them up and see what's going on. If it's still showing as conditional, then that means their decision hasn't been processed yet!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear you've missed your conditions, but chin up and stay optimistic! :wink: Definitely phone them up and see what's going on. If it's still showing as conditional, then that means their decision hasn't been processed yet!

I'm hoping that it means that they liked me and are waiting for others results to see if I can stay or not! I have no idea what you're meant to say to the people either haha, this is just poopy :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1496
Cs in Adv Highers French and Maths
And Bs in Highers Economics and Computing...

I.....am such a 'tard. :angry::angry::angry:
Original post by johnmuir
I'm hoping that it means that they liked me and are waiting for others results to see if I can stay or not! I have no idea what you're meant to say to the people either haha, this is just poopy :-(

Hopefully that's what it is, but it could be a number of things!

Ah, it's dead easy. Just phone up admissions and say "Hi there, I recently received an offer to study ____ at your university, and I've just gotten my SQA results here; I haven't met the conditions for my offer, but my status on Track is still showing as conditional. I'm just wondering what's going on?" Something like that. Whatever gets the point across that you're wondering why Track still says conditional and you haven't been rejected even though you missed your offer is fine. :tongue:

Original post by DDT10
Cs in Adv Highers French and Maths
And Bs in Highers Economics and Computing...

I.....am such a 'tard. :angry::angry::angry:

2 passes at Advanced Higher are no easy feat, and Bs are still really good! Don't beat yourself up, man. I think those are good grades! What's the consequence of them for you?
Reply 1498
Where can I find grade boundaries?

there are only standard grades out there

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/64718.4240.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hekke
Where I can find grade boundaries?

there are only standard grades out there

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/64718.4240.html

Click on the tabs at the bottom of the page and you'll see the other levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending