The Student Room Group

Have you ever been insulted about your looks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I put on a bit of weight in year 11 and someone made a Facebook account, added me and then posted comments on my photos calling me a whale, fat, disgusting etc. Then shared loads of my photos with really nasty captions.

Thats awful

Some people are so sad though, making a facebook account just to call you names!!
Reply 341
I was once on a facebook page and a guy commented 'Someone looks like a downer'
Nice.
ive been ugly quite a few times, i then started to wear make up and contact lenses, definatley made a difference, especially the contacts, but after a year of feeling that maybe im abit attractive, now ive started to realise im actually pretty ugly, without make up im ugly, with makeup i can still be quite ugly. however,ive accepted it now, i dont care, nobody gives a **** what you look like, just be a nice person and no one is going to start calling you ugly
Original post by Id and Ego seek
"You'd make an attractive guy" is the best compliment I've ever received :tongue:

Did they add this at the end?
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Did they add this at the end?

You watch Awkward.?
Reply 345
Original post by Anonymous
Been insulted about looks pretty much all my life , its hard to deal with knowing that the odds are no one will ever find you attractive and wherever you go people are probably thinking what an ugly guy he is , but Ive reached a point where Ive just stopped caring , was majorly depressed from about 11-16 though , would come home and just play video games / watch tv shows (until I had to sleep)to drown out all the insults that I would get and stop brooding about how hideous I am . I don't know what I would do without my current friends , might have attempted something.

Throughout the late stages of primary school and most of secondary school I was picked on because I have a abnormally large and funny shaped head , its not something you can cover up . I also have a large bulbous nose , fat thick lips , bulgy out eyes . But basically people would often just make me feel so **** and low by insulting me whenever they saw fit to . Whenever I got into arguments with people and things got personal , they would always bring up my aesthetic and it just crushed my confidence.

Girls ive liked have told me pretty nasty things also

These people are horrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You watch Awkward.?

Nooooo. yes:frown:

Man I had the perfect gif to reply with, it was Valerie saying "get a cat" and I was going to say how I could tell. Couldn't find it though :frown:
I overheard both the guys I had crushes on when I was younger say that I'm ugly or that they were embarrassed that I fancied them (and I heard people agree both times). Really knocked my confidence when it came to even thinking about dating anyone, and no-one was interested in me properly until I went to uni, so that made me feel like those guys must've been right.

It wasn't being insulted directly but I remember my friends once having a discussion about who was the prettiest out of our 'group' and everyone's name came up except mine.
Original post by Anonymous
South London dude u

Oh right East London
Original post by TonksLupin
In high school we had a yearbook comparison page and it was generally a jokey section of the yearbook however it was proposed(although thankfully not printed) that my lookalike was the slightly insane biology teacher(nervous,frizzy mousy brown hair,pale..i.e ME) which made me feel pretty awkward.

I was at a guy friends house once and as I came into his room,he went downstairs to get some snacks as we were watching a film and said I should make myself comfy. I went over to his computer to put on some music and show him a funny blog post I had read earlier and as I did so a chat window popped up as the screensaver dissolved..a girl he had been chatting to had asked him what he was up to,he mentioned me,she asked if I was pretty and teasedh im about having a girl over and he replied with 'eww ahah no way,I don't see her that way'

Yeah right... not desirable and a lier

tut tut
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 352
Nah. I'm buff, fam😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TonksLupin
In high school we had a yearbook comparison page and it was generally a jokey section of the yearbook however it was proposed(although thankfully not printed) that my lookalike was the slightly insane biology teacher(nervous,frizzy mousy brown hair,pale..i.e ME) which made me feel pretty awkward.

I was at a guy friends house once and as I came into his room,he went downstairs to get some snacks as we were watching a film and said I should make myself comfy. I went over to his computer to put on some music and show him a funny blog post I had read earlier and as I did so a chat window popped up as the screensaver dissolved..a girl he had been chatting to had asked him what he was up to,he mentioned me,she asked if I was pretty and teasedh im about having a girl over and he replied with 'eww ahah no way,I don't see her that way'

He probably just meant that he sees you as a good friend. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your looks.
Original post by qwertyking
He probably just meant that he sees you as a good friend. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your looks.

In retrospect it was silly to have let the remark bother me,but I was more sensitive to criticism then. Perhaps you are right.
"You'd make an attractive guy" is the best compliment I've ever received :tongue:

HAHA. I've been told that i'd "be a very pretty girl". :biggrin:

I wasn't quite sure how to take it.
Of course, who hasn't
Yeah, in German class in Year 7 I ran out of the room crying because this horrible girl and her horrible friend who sat behind me were teasing me mercilessly about how they couldn't see past my 'fat big head.' This had been building up for weeks and weeks, and both girls were always dreadful to me. They were never punished, and no-one stood up for me. People just went 'oh she is crying.' But both of them left at the end of Year 7 - one was expelled from another school and now just hangs around with her 21 year old girlfriend (we're all going into year 11, so she is 15 lol) and being a waste of space, whilst the other was sent back to Uganda by her parents.

So, in retrospect, I'm pretty happy with how I've turned out - and I think I can have the last laugh! :biggrin:
Original post by MedMed12
omg yes haha same here!! in 20 years we'll be grateful for the baby face and height wise we have the option of heels, aren't lanky etc :tongue:

That's true! XD It's a shame that I still get asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket and I'm nearly 19 though!
Original post by Anime Lover
That's true! XD It's a shame that I still get asked for ID to buy a lottery ticket and I'm nearly 19 though!

Try being 23..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending