The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's quite frustrating knowing that all the Scottish people know already and are free to get on with summer :holmes:
Original post by TheMysteryMan
A, I've only done AS though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. I did A2 and it was bad.
Original post by nataash
I did AS maths and further and I'm hoping for two A's but D1 and M1 really messed me up :frown:
did you do maths?

I am sure you will do well. Yes, I did do Math, A2 Math to be more specific.
Reply 203
I'm pretty excited.. 8 days guys! :tongue:
Original post by sneha.vag
What exactly do you mean by "preparing for clearing"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like researching potential universities that you would want to go to if they were to be in clearing. Taking down numbers that you may need to call, etc.
Original post by Infamous12
Like researching potential universities that you would want to go to if they were to be in clearing. Taking down numbers that you may need to call, etc.

I have already done that. Any other way you can prepare? What kind of questions can you be asked during the mini telephone universities some universities conduct?
I have already done that. Any other way you can prepare? What kind of questions can you be asked during the mini telephone universities some universities conduct?

Maybe something like "why should we accept you onto this course". Alot of people say that you need to show alot of compassion for your subject and it has to be convincing, but i havent been through the process so i cant really say how it will be.

Apart from that, i would say have your grades at hand because they will definately ask you what you have got.
Reply 207
One week till grade boundaries
Maybe something like "why should we accept you onto this course". Alot of people say that you need to show alot of compassion for your subject and it has to be convincing, but i havent been through the process so i cant really say how it will be.

Apart from that, i would say have your grades at hand because they will definately ask you what you have got.

Oh, all right. Thanks. I can answer the "why should we accept you onto this course" question by demonstrating that I am passionate about the subject and course and then go deeper into the reasons why I want to study the subject and the course. Next, I should give them reasons about what makes me unique- in terms of genuine interest in the course, academic ability and extra-curricular activities. This is how I would approach such a question. What do you think?
Posting to subscribe :ninjagirl:
Another results day dream- seems I'm having enough for myself and everyone else on this thread :'(
Oh, all right. Thanks. I can answer the "why should we accept you onto this course" question by demonstrating that I am passionate about the subject and course and then go deeper into the reasons why I want to study the subject and the course. Next, I should give them reasons about what makes me unique- in terms of genuine interest in the course, academic ability and extra-curricular activities. This is how I would approach such a question. What do you think?

That sounds like a great approach in my opinion.
What's the best way to keep your body calm on the run-up? Mentally, I keep on telling myself I'm fine, but my stomach churns and I get all nervous and my heart-rate increases whenever I look at this thread or someone whispers the word "results..."
Haven't had any dreams yet, which is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds like a great approach in my opinion.

Is there anything else you think I should add?
Original post by awkwardusername
I'm so confused! I've been told that it is and that it isn't and I just want it all to be over with :frown:

So this is what UCAS told me:
Me: Does UCAS send you an email on results day notifying that track has changed or inform applicants that they've been accepted?
UCAS: Hi! You will receive an e-mail from us when your application updates
Me: Thank you. Will this email inform me that my track status has changed or whether I have been accepted?
UCAS: It will just state Track has updated.

I did, however, read that they send you an email informing you whether you have been accepted but I guess there is too much clashing information on the internet. I hope this clarifies matters for you :smile:
Is there anything else you think I should add?

Maybe about how much you want to study at the university itself?
Maybe about how much you want to study at the university itself?

Yes, that totally slipped my mind. In what order do you think I should say that?
1. Why I want to study the subject
2. Why I want to study the course
3. What makes me suitable for the course- genuine interest, academic abilities, extra-curricular activities,
4. What do I want to study at that particular university?

Would it be advisable to talk of this last?
Yes, that totally slipped my mind. In what order do you think I should say that?
1. Why I want to study the subject
2. Why I want to study the course
3. What makes me suitable for the course- genuine interest, academic abilities, extra-curricular activities,
4. What do I want to study at that particular university?

Would it be advisable to talk of this last?

Not sure about a specific order to say it in. They probably ask you what course you want then your grades then you can go on to say why you want to subject, what makes you suitable and why you like the university.
Reply 218
Who did Edexcel A-level Maths this June? If yes, what would you predict you are going to get? Just curious.

I did C3 in January and did really well but I don't think C4 this June went well for me. I thought it was really hard but then the rest of the people in my year came out saying "oh that was alright!" Ouch :frown:

I also did Edexcel Further Maths (FP2 and FP3) and that didn't go brilliantly either. FP2 was definitely my better paper though, I didn't leave half of that one blank :lol:

Latest