The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here!

A-Level results day - Thursday 15 August 2013

Good luck to everyone as we approach the publication of A-Level results. This thread is here for you to discuss your thoughts about results with others in a similar position. Feel free to chat about any of your feelings, concerns or hopes with other members here

If you'd like to share your predictions for your results, as well as the actual grades that you achieve on the day, you can use the dedicated "Post your results" thread. Upon publication, the Grade boundaries thread will be used to share the details made available by exam boards. For anyone disappointed with their results, we have a thread with advice for those who haven't done as well as they hoped to help you to decide what to do next. We also have a dedicated thread for those of you who have just completed the AS-Level stage of your qualification, giving guidance about the next steps from here: AS-Levels: what next after results?

SomeWhen will UCAS Track update?
UCAS Track is usually available from around 8am on Results Day, it's often a little (i.e. an hour or so) earlier but it may be later. There is no point in staying up and checking Track from one minute past midnight, hoping that something will happen; it won't . Instead, you would do much better to try and get some sleep, as you may need to be particularly on the ball if your results aren't what you hope for/expect. Emails will be sent in waves starting at 8:10am.

Once it is back up, if your status hasn't changed, it won't until midday at the earliest, so constantly refreshing the site is pointless and simply blocks things up for everyone else. If you haven't met your offer and Track hasn't updated then you will need to call the universities directly to see if they will still accept you. If you have made your offer but it still hasn't updated then relax and only call the university if it still hasn't updated on the Friday, to make sure that everything is ok.

Will my firm accept me with A*AB when my offer is AAA?
If Track says unconditional, you're in. If it says rejected, you're not. If it says conditional, phone in! A*AB is equivalent in terms of UCAS points, but your university may not accept that. Chances are Track will have told you anyway. Phone up if you receive these grades. It also depends what the B grade is in - for example, if you're an Engineer and the B is is Maths, chances are they'll say no.

Rejected: Call up. (slimmer chance)

Unconditional: Celebrate!

Conditional: Call up.

Once again, good luck, everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

New thread :confused: I didn't see why the other one had to be closed really
:parrot:

:colonhash:

Inb4 rage about thread moving
Reply 3
Original post by AspiringGenius
New thread :confused: I didn't see why the other one had to be closed really

Original post by Endless Blue
:parrot:

:colonhash:

Inb4 rage about thread moving

You were near to 10k already and the community team have had the URL of this thread for a while, for their communications. :smile:
Original post by Illusionary
You were near to 10k already and the community team have had the URL of this thread for a while, for their communications. :smile:

I have no issue with it :smile: Sorry to ask, but could you please link me to the AAM location. I can't find it :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Endless Blue
I have no issue with it :smile: Sorry to ask, but could you please link me to the AAM location. I can't find it :frown:

You mean here? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=266
Hello
Pray that I get good results...please
:woo:
Now lets work towards thread 3 :wink:
Reply 8
It's almost sad seeing the old thread go. Like waving goodbye to a trusted friend.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
No countdown :frown:.
Reply 10
Original post by King Hotpie

Lets not
Original post by Dilzo999
No countdown :frown:.

I agree, if you're going to move the thread, at least keep e countdown in the title please.
Reply 12
Countdown?
Reply 13
Where is the countdown!!! Let's make this thread a positive one ....till results day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Satta101
Countdown?

If the mods will commit to it...
Original post by ElChapo
Lets not

:danceboy:
Reply 16
Original post by King Hotpie

Original post by ElChapo
Lets not

I bet we'll get there...I'd guess at thread 3 being made on Monday...any other predictions?
It hurts each time I come here.
Reply 18
I was all emotionally attached to the old thread
We knew each other for so long
So many memories :cry2:
Reply 19
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest