The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGreat1
He really does, like "hello, im sure theres other people on the team aswell"

His performance was good, you could tell he was desperate to score but at the same time, wanted to put in a good "team performance" so as to not give a bad impression on his home debut.

I think thats starting to become Adriano's trademark goal. close to the edge of the box and having a belter (against Athletico and Valencia last year). I really like him, shame he breaks really easily.

I know hes like a little kid meeting his idol haha amount of times hes been like no Messi is the alpha male I'm just the follower :tongue:

He looked a little unfit but as expected also he immediately opened up room for the other players as they feared him.

Yup he does it all the time just made of glass :frown:
Neymar been diagnosed with anemia thankfully its not too serious.
'One subtle change, however, is the pressure Barca put on Santos, asphyxiating the Brazilian side with men pressing their defenders almost on the edge of their penalty area, forcing errors and helping to set up chance after chance.

"Barcelona with the ball at their feet are easy to recognise. I was interested in recovering the concept of pressure high up the field and we did that in both halves," said Martino.'

This can only be a good thing for Barcelona.
Reply 2503
Original post by Malevolent
Neymar been diagnosed with anemia thankfully its not too serious.

Wow. I bet Barcelona are pretty annoyed that that didn't turn up in the medical.

Should be easy enough to manage but not a great thing for him to hear when just starting at his new club. Wish him the best :yep:

So true :lol:

Hard to choose between balon d'or and his girl. I'd probably just about choose the balon d'or
Original post by KingMessi
'One subtle change, however, is the pressure Barca put on Santos, asphyxiating the Brazilian side with men pressing their defenders almost on the edge of their penalty area, forcing errors and helping to set up chance after chance.

"Barcelona with the ball at their feet are easy to recognise. I was interested in recovering the concept of pressure high up the field and we did that in both halves," said Martino.'

This can only be a good thing for Barcelona.

Yup noticed that in the first half particularly the pressing was so noticeable. Just wondering how long the players will do it for before they get tired and complain. Pressing will help cover some of the defensive frailties as well.

Original post by jam277
Hard to choose between balon d'or and his girl. I'd probably just about choose the balon d'or

Obviously Balon D'or, name goes down in history :colone:

Original post by The Rusty Spork
Wow. I bet Barcelona are pretty annoyed that that didn't turn up in the medical.

Should be easy enough to manage but not a great thing for him to hear when just starting at his new club. Wish him the best :yep:

Yeah thankfully its pretty easy to manage just a bit of a nuisance right now :sad:
[video="youtube;Tb2WO-lt_yM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb2WO-lt_yM[/video]

"I used to be a footballer, but then I took a ball to the testes..."

:lol:
Original post by The Rusty Spork

Neymar developed the anaemia as an after consequence of a operation he had on his throat (tonsils), he was advised to have the operation by barça after his medical.

Oh man :moon:

Oh man :moon:

Those pictures are filled with symbolism, amazing how far players come from the early beginnings.

Messi "okayed" Neymar to join so he's probably making a real effort to help him settle and defuse any negativeness. I saw Messi in the pre-season game with the armband which is another positive sign - I know he's not overly keen on it (he does it for Argentina) but it's great to see, a player of his excellent should embrace being the captain and it's something I imagine he'll grow into if and when he needs to wear it.
Original post by Aky786UK
Those pictures are filled with symbolism, amazing how far players come from the early beginnings.

Messi "okayed" Neymar to join so he's probably making a real effort to help him settle and defuse any negativeness. I saw Messi in the pre-season game with the armband which is another positive sign - I know he's not overly keen on it (he does it for Argentina) but it's great to see, a player of his excellent should embrace being the captain and it's something I imagine he'll grow into if and when he needs to wear it.

I love them something absolutely amazing about photo's like this haha! The apprentice becomes the teacher :h:

I'm surprised just how much Neymar has tried to please everyone, much talk was how he was completely egoistic and that but so far it looks like he knows its Messi's team.
I love them something absolutely amazing about photo's like this haha! The apprentice becomes the teacher :h:

I'm surprised just how much Neymar has tried to please everyone, much talk was how he was completely egoistic and that but so far it looks like he knows its Messi's team.

Luckily for Barca, he's not called Zlatan!

Yeah, I've been surprised by his humility but he's got to talk about his own ability and not cosy upto Messi too much (might get a tad nauseating with continous Messi love) but he'd have been naive to stroll in and live up to what people thought he would do so he's played the role (probably advised by the folks around him) very well.
Original post by Aky786UK
Luckily for Barca, he's not called Zlatan!

Yeah, I've been surprised by his humility but he's got to talk about his own ability and not cosy upto Messi too much (might get a tad nauseating with continous Messi love) but he'd have been naive to stroll in and live up to what people thought he would do so he's played the role (probably advised by the folks around him) very well.

Haha hes just biding his time to overthrow the emperor ! :ninja:

Yeah I hope he doesn't end up like Alexis who's so scared to lose the ball taking on other players for fear of upsetting Messi. Its okay to know you're not the big dog but you should at least try to get to the same level as him.

Mhmm I'm impressed with his humility so far but just cut down on the Messi bromance a little :lol:

Neymar needs to gain weight?

Should have no problems tapping into the fountain of fat :rofl:
^^^^
Original post by The Assassin
^^^^

So creepy haha yet cool :h:

Neyssi or Mesmar? Bromance level off the charts
So creepy haha yet cool :h:

Neyssi or Mesmar? Bromance level off the charts

Neyssi. That's a civil partnership right there. :colonhash: