The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
8 days OH SNAP
Reply 321
Oh my gosh...eight days :confused: so nervous :frown: and I'm only waiting for AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
opening my results envelope-
:ahhhhh:-walks out the room-:creep:
I've only confirmed one uni offer (because my first choice had the lowest offer) so i really hope i manage it :s-smilie:
Reply 324
So, my school opens at 10 for results. We go in, get our envelopes and me and my friends will be opening them in school. Will we then need to go home to our computers to find out whether or not we've been accepted?
One week until grade boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
Original post by spinkc
So, my school opens at 10 for results. We go in, get our envelopes and me and my friends will be opening them in school. Will we then need to go home to our computers to find out whether or not we've been accepted?

Actually if your school gives results at 10 you may as well check UCAS at 8.00 am to check whether you are in before you go to school.
Reply 327
Original post by spinkc

Why don't you check track first? If you've met the grades of your offer then you'll have been accepted. But if you've missed your offer by a grade or two, then you should check track straight away! You could try checking on your phone if that's easier and less stressful?
Original post by hannah_b_7
Does anyone know what time UCAS sends you an email/ updates track? I'll definitely be staying up till midnight if it's then but might it be about 9 am? That seems like an official time 😊 Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS wont start sending out emails until 8.10am.

Those emails will either be "congrats you're in to your firm/insurance" AS12 emails or "you're in clearing here are your details" emails.

If your status on Track isn't finalised then you wont get an emails.
Original post by PQ

Those emails will either be "congrats you're in to your firm/insurance" AS12 emails or "you're in clearing here are your details" emails.

I'm sure somebody on here a couple of hours ago posted that they'd asked UCAS, and UCAS replied that the email would simply say that track had updated?

I could be wrong but sure this was a few pages ago on this thread.
Reply 330
Original post by littleangel9914
I'm starting to get really nervous now especially about chemistry I need an A in it but I think I've missed it by a few ums. Also 8 days feels so close yet so far away at the same time.

Same here, I need 135 UMS out of 150 in this summer exam to get an A overall, so just doing well in this exam won't get me the A, I have to somehow do exceptionally well. D:
Saying that ill probably end up being nowhere near the A. Do you know what UMS you need to get in your exam?
My school gives us our results at 7am, thank god for that. :biggrin:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I'm sure somebody on here a couple of hours ago posted that they'd asked UCAS, and UCAS replied that the email would simply say that track had updated?

I could be wrong but sure this was a few pages ago on this thread.

Yep

This is the problem with speaking to UCASs advisers on the phone. Unfortunately a lot of them are temp staff and don't really understand the system or what its due to happen.

From UCASs briefing to universities:
"Applicants normally receive an email advising them to look at Track whenever anything changes in relation to their application. This functionality is always disabled during Confirmation, while decisions are processed in the embargo period, and while our services are extremely busy on GCE results day. As we did last year, we will be sending an additional email to all applicants, who have had confirmation decisions in August, to inform them of their position with regards to their application."

"There are two emails one for applicants where their place is confirmed*, and one for applicants who have not been placed and are eligible for Clearing."
Reply 333
:bricks:
Reply 334
Original post by PQ

Post 217

Original post by sneha.vag
So this is what UCAS told me:
Me: Does UCAS send you an email on results day notifying that track has changed or inform applicants that they've been accepted?
UCAS: Hi! You will receive an e-mail from us when your application updates
Me: Thank you. Will this email inform me that my track status has changed or whether I have been accepted?
UCAS: It will just state Track has updated.

I did, however, read that they send you an email informing you whether you have been accepted but I guess there is too much clashing information on the internet. I hope this clarifies matters for you :smile:

EDIT : OK Saw your post 337 above.
(edited 10 years ago)
Sooo nervous!! Need ABB to do Biology at Leeds :s-smilie:
Original post by HPAG
Post 217

yup - that's why I thought I'd post to clarify.

[and why whenever you phone UCAS you should ask for and write down the name and job title of who you're speaking to and ask them to email whatever they say to confirm it in writing :smile:]

As I say lots of the UCAS phone staff are under a lot of pressure and haven't been doing the job very long (there are others who are on the phones all year round) so the accuracy of the answer they give is sometimes a little variable.
Reply 337
Original post by CharlieCate
I've only confirmed one uni offer (because my first choice had the lowest offer) so i really hope i manage it :s-smilie:

:lol: My insurance is a higher offer than my firm, so I'm in pretty much the same situation.
Original post by PQ
Yep

This is the problem with speaking to UCASs advisers on the phone. Unfortunately a lot of them are temp staff and don't really understand the system or what its due to happen.

From UCASs briefing to universities:
"Applicants normally receive an email advising them to look at Track whenever anything changes in relation to their application. This functionality is always disabled during Confirmation, while decisions are processed in the embargo period, and while our services are extremely busy on GCE results day. As we did last year, we will be sending an additional email to all applicants, who have had confirmation decisions in August, to inform them of their position with regards to their application."

"There are two emails one for applicants where their place is confirmed*, and one for applicants who have not been placed and are eligible for Clearing."

Ah I see! Thanks for the information :smile:
Original post by Wick3d
My school gives us our results at 7am, thank god for that. :biggrin:

Wow, that's nice of them! At my school, Y13 results can be collected from 9am and Y12 results can be collected from 9:30am.

Actually, thinking about this, I might not have time to check Track before I go get my results, especially if it crashes. I have to travel quite a way to school and I'll want to be there early, too. The school have said they will hand out results before 9 if they're ready.

Latest