The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doggyfizzel
I see the report at the side showing RVP sold the most shirts in the Premier League last season. No doubt a bonus when the new kit deal with Nike comes up, as with Shinji in 3rd, all those Asian sales :coma:

Ridiculous if true for Rene. What can a coach realistically do to either improve or destroy a team in 16 days. How many of those players were even signed under Rene?

biggest question from that link: who the hell is still buying a torres shirt??
Surprised that Oxlade-Chamberlain is on that list.
I feel sorry for Rene if it is true, can definitely see him getting another job quickly.
Assuming this is true, who would you like from their squad? I think taking s punt on lass diarra would be a decent option.
Original post by fallen_acorns
biggest question from that link: who the hell is still buying a torres shirt??

Liverpool fans to burn it? :holmes:
Got a feeling that there'll be a huge afro on the main page of BBC Sport when I wake up tomorrow, or today.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Got a feeling that there'll be a huge afro on the main page of BBC Sport when I wake up tomorrow, or today.

David luiz isn't going to united :colonhash:
Reckon anichebe may be the big signing :teehee:
Original post by jam277
David luiz isn't going to united :colonhash:
Reckon anichebe may be the big signing :teehee:

Brb going to edit teams on Fifa
Reply 7947
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

It's on guardian if that counts?
Warming to the idea of Fellaini slightly. There don't seem to be a whole lot of other attainable players for us to go for (we should be after Gustavo though). Just hope to god I don't see us longballing it to him high up the pitch so he can elbow someone in the face then chest it down.
I wonder how he'll feel being your 3rd/4th choice CM target
Original post by EmperorMustard
I wonder how he'll feel being your 3rd/4th choice CM target

I don't think he'll care too much - the wage increase will help him with that.

The Guardian says the £23m price is till August 15th when I'm sure it expired on end of July. If it's the latter then it's naive to have not put the signing done first before Fabregas (because that was never happening) rather than now, potentially, be in a position where we are going to have to fork out more. Obviously, if the 15.8.13 date is right then no problems.

It's maybe not what we exactly need but hopefully Moyes, having known him well, will be able to improve his game to make it less aggressive and using the ball more at his feet to try and power forward when he can and help at set pieces. Vidic, potentially Jones, RVP, are the only players who can defend from set pieces well.
Reply 7952
Original post by DaveSmith99
Warming to the idea of Fellaini slightly. There don't seem to be a whole lot of other attainable players for us to go for (we should be after Gustavo though). Just hope to god I don't see us longballing it to him high up the pitch so he can elbow someone in the face then chest it down.

Moyes wants EPL experience though.
Btw lads - isn't it convenient how Rooney, Suarez and Bale all now have injuries?

Just saying
Original post by rohitbd

Instead of a regular in a club who just won the treble in a position we desperately need for very little money :facepalm2:
Original post by rohitbd

It's not like the Bundesliga isn't a good and physical league though. I read that Fellaini only played about 3 games or something in DM/CM last season, he was played pretty much exclusively in AM/as a forward. I'd take Fellaini over no one, but I'd much rather have Gustavo.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but this is pretty interesting.

Reply 7956
Original post by That Bearded Man
Btw lads - isn't it convenient how Rooney, Suarez and Bale all now have injuries?

Just saying

And David Luiz, top clubs think us fans are stupid.

And whilst I want Gustavo, Moyes doesn't want players from other leagues yet by the looks of it, I think we should support him, imagine how much freedom Kagawa will have with Fellaini behind him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Strootman said that Roma were the only team who showed any interest in him.

Strootman said he liked the project and looked forward to the opportunity to link up with great players such as.....

Totti?

De Rossi?

No.......he said Gervinho

http://have.gd/n/CovEx#
How disappointed will everyone be if no player is presented tomorrow?
Original post by SirMasterKey
How disappointed will everyone be if no player is presented tomorrow?

Why are we assuming a player will be presented tomorrow? The sun said we are announcing Ronaldo tomorrow and some coronation street actors said something was going to happen. Hardly something to get yourself worked up about.

Latest