The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4760
Original post by The Assassin
lol If we got rid of Mikel and put Luiz there then that'd be fine -- but right now I'd rather him get used to one role rather than switching every so often. He still isn't all that comfortable as a CB (despite all these years) nor as a DM so I want him to get used to one thing properly. Mourinho will know what to do though.

That'd probably be the DM situation resolved, I think, but then we'd need yet another CB lol.

I wonder, perhaps, if he'll make him the next captain. Clearly shows heart/desire in all his games and out of all our players he's got good leadership imo. Just needs a bit more discipline which José can surely do. Dunno how long Terry will be captain for.

I'd give it 2 more years. Terry will be 34 and not playing too many games. Although He could do a lothar mattheus for us and play till he's 40 :sogood:

Tbh I'd say DM situation is already resolved, if we can sort out the CB position too then that's fine.
Reply 4761
looking forward to the match tonight..shame it's on really late like 1.45am BST right? Think Chelsea will win this, and hope they can score quite a few goals and play very well :u:
Reply 4762
Original post by silver0
looking forward to the match tonight..shame it's on really late like 1.45am BST right? Think Chelsea will win this, and hope they can score quite a few goals and play very well :u:

Personally I think it'll go down to penalties. Madrid have a stronger team than us man for man. Our defence looked a bit shaky at times vs milan and ronaldo and co can exploit that. Hoping to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting a win as of yet.
****, I have to be up earlyish tomorrow. I thought it started at 1:00 am not 1:45? :mad:
Original post by jam277
Personally I think it'll go down to penalties. Madrid have a stronger team than us man for man. Our defence looked a bit shaky at times vs milan and ronaldo and co can exploit that. Hoping to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting a win as of yet.

Madrid did struggle for long periods against United and Dortmund who they have superior players to both.
Mourinho knows Madrid's frailties so hopefully he can exploit them. Plus Mourinho has a good record vs Ancelotti
Reply 4765
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Madrid did struggle for long periods against United and Dortmund who they have superior players to both.
Mourinho knows Madrid's frailties so hopefully he can exploit them. Plus Mourinho has a good record vs Ancelotti

I guess so. But I reckon that ancelotti is probably trying to implement a possession retaining style. We'll see though. Madrids problems under mourinho were breaking down teams from deep, so all united had to do was put 10 men behind the ball and madrid couldn't play their style.
Is the RM game at 2am tonight?
Original post by 101101
Barcelona have made an official bid for David Luiz :frown:

So?
Luiz ain't going nowhere, Mourinho has already stated he's part of his plans and we won't have it if he leaves :tongue:
I never understood why David Luiz played in Defence, he was a CM in Brazil..
No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.

David Luiz isn't a natural CB, he is a CM
Ffs the Arsenal thread being bad was deleted jam. We wrote up essays for nothing :frown:

Original post by Galileo Galilei
David Luiz isn't a natural CB, he is a CM

Didn't even know that wtf? Really? :eek:
Ffs the Arsenal thread being bad was deleted jam. We wrote up essays for nothing :frown:

Yup, he really is a CM, I blame previous managers for playing him in Defence:yep:
Reply 4773

Worst thing was that we completely domed her in those posts :rofl: Just needed it to stay there for an hour so she could have egg on her face.

Couldn't handle the truth. Sadly bunch of deluded posters.
Reply 4775
Original post by Malevolent
Couldn't handle the truth. Sadly bunch of deluded posters.

Tbf it was getting heated up. :rofl: Szcezcny the best young GK in the world, koscielny the best CB in the world wtf is this life?

I read the ones addressed to me. I think Chelsea are in with a strong chance of getting Rooney, but I don't think it's a good thing. He's overrated, reaching his peak, he's egotistical and could harm Lukaku's development, who actually has the potential be the next Drogba. It's another one of these disgustingly big signings which will be an embarrassment for Chelsea, just seeing that ape in a Chelsea shirt after spending so much time at Man Utd, the wages he'll demand, the price tag. As soon as he's signed he'll probably insult Man Utd and say how Chelsea is a bigger team or something really undignified like that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Tbf it was getting heated up. :rofl: Szcezcny the best young GK in the world, koscielny the best CB in the world wtf is this life?

Don't forget Jack Wilshere is on the level of Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger and co :smile:
Reply 4778
Original post by sugar-n-spice
I read it. I think Chelsea are in with a strong chance of getting Rooney, but I don't think it's a good thing. He's overrated, reaching his peak, he's egotistical and could harm Lukaku's development, who actually has the potential be the next Drogba. It's another one of these disgustingly big signings which will be an embarrassment for Chelsea, just seeing that ape in a Chelsea shirt after spending so much time at Man Utd, the wages he'll demand, the price tag. As soon as he's signed he'll probably insult Man Utd and say how Chelsea is a bigger team or something really undignified like that.

Its funny that you didn't reply to my post...
But the thing is rooney isn't overrated, he's been forced to play in many different positions last season, including CM which obviously hampered his form that season and tbh his qualities, such as his hard work, ability to play in different positions, going out wide, being able to instigate play from deep and other such qualities is why he'd be a good striker.

If we get rooney then ba is out of the door, and I know that we will use lukaku, who's impressed a lot in pre season, people complain about mourinho not using the youth but he used a few young/younger players in his first spell here, petr cech, arjen robben and he did use drogba and developed his game into a world class striker. I don't doubt that he'd get the best out of lukaku. But I think he knows torres isn't up to it.
Was just reading some posts in the other threads so didn't reply, but jam basically said everything I wanted to say.

But okay, I still don't get why it was immature to suggest that we had a chance of signing/should've tried to sign some of the rest?

Latest