The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Anyway staying up for the Madrid x Chelsea match? Should be a cracker with all the subplots and that.
Luiz and Pique would make a tasty partnership :drool:
Original post by Zerforax
Luiz and Pique would make a tasty partnership :drool:

For other teams to attack :laugh:
Original post by Malevolent
For other teams to attack :laugh:

Nah it wouldn't be that bad. How often do Barca need to defend? They could bring on Puyol when they need some of that.

In terms of in games where it's controlled by Barca - both CBs can cover each other or step out of defence and are physically strong/in the air.
Nah it wouldn't be that bad. How often do Barca need to defend? They could bring on Puyol when they need some of that.

In terms of in games where it's controlled by Barca - both CBs can cover each other or step out of defence and are physically strong/in the air.

Dont mind Malevolent, he's the most pessimistic fan in the world. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
Dont mind Malevolent, he's the most pessimistic fan in the world. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pessimistic to avoid disappointment that way anything more is a bonus :ahee:

Well we need to defend way more since we stopped pressing although seems like Tata has brought that back. Also Pique is terrible in the air for someone his size. :laugh: or atleast has been since he was banging Shakira.
Cesc Fabregas is like a man reborn. Play him in that more attacking position and watch him flourish. He looks so good when hes in that attacking spot.
Original post by Can Yay
Anyway staying up for the Madrid x Chelsea match? Should be a cracker with all the subplots and that.

I watched it. Ronaldo's celebration was priceless. Marcelo and Isco were good too. I quite like the new formation. Goo experience for the youngsters on both sides to see what top level football is like.
La Liga has lost a lot of its good players this year. Only Madrid and Barcelona kept their players :redface:
Who do sociedad have in the CL?
Original post by jam277
Who do sociedad have in the CL?

Oh man they got Lyon :sad:
Oh man they got Lyon :sad:

I think they can win tbh. It'll be a tough match though. I'm hoping they use pardo now as the DM with markel. People were calling him the next xabi alonso over illaramendi until last season.
Big debate whether Neymar should put on weight. People saying it will screw him up and lead to more injuries like what Milan did to Pato, but wasn't that down to too much bulk at once? Surely if its gradual he should be fine?

Original post by jam277
I think they can win tbh. It'll be a tough match though. I'm hoping they use pardo now as the DM with markel. People were calling him the next xabi alonso over illaramendi until last season.

Yeah I think they can. Pardo definitely re minds me more of Alonso then Illaramendi did. Hoping Sociedad make it though :h:
Big debate whether Neymar should put on weight. People saying it will screw him up and lead to more injuries like what Milan did to Pato, but wasn't that down to too much bulk at once? Surely if its gradual he should be fine?

Yeah I think they can. Pardo definitely re minds me more of Alonso then Illaramendi did. Hoping Sociedad make it though :h:

He should put on weight, but it doesn't take that much time, just a couple gym sessions and by the start of the next season will be the required weight.

I think they'll spring a surprise, I don't know how 4th place will be though. I still think that valencia had a stronger team than sociedad and if they weren't so shocking under pellegrino would have made 4th comfortably. But at the same time they've lost soldado and are trying to replace him with postiga :rofl:

I don't get why they got rid of emery to this day. Could foresee this happening, just that it was sociedad instead of malaga taking 4th spot over them this season.
Reply 2534
Thought Modric was sublime too. It's looking promising.
Original post by Can Yay
Thought Modric was sublime too. It's looking promising.

So far both Madrid and Barcelona had a very good pre season its gonna be good :colone:
Reply 2536
El Clasico next season *mouth waters*:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
He should put on weight, but it doesn't take that much time, just a couple gym sessions and by the start of the next season will be the required weight.

I think they'll spring a surprise, I don't know how 4th place will be though. I still think that valencia had a stronger team than sociedad and if they weren't so shocking under pellegrino would have made 4th comfortably. But at the same time they've lost soldado and are trying to replace him with postiga :rofl:

I don't get why they got rid of emery to this day. Could foresee this happening, just that it was sociedad instead of malaga taking 4th spot over them this season.

Exactly no need to become arnold schwarzenegger straight away :laugh:

Yeah Valencia had a stronger team but they somehow ****ed up and Montanier had Sociedad playing extremely well so a combination of things. If they replace Soldado with Postiga then just lol...

Lionel Messi cheating on his wife again...
Cesc Fabregas has been utterly outstanding since returning from his holiday. Best player this pre-season. :adore:

Latest