The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7100
Original post by Slumpy
Good grief. Some of the comments on that article are simply astonishing!

I know but i cant stop laughing why did Rafa let Murray win against him 6-0 on clay, so murray can know how it feels to win on clay?:wink:
Original post by Slumpy
Good grief. Some of the comments on that article are simply astonishing!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read them! In many ways, this society is the best tennis discussion forum I or anyone could ask for - everyone's friendly, intelligent and respects each others' views. That is not the case on TT, menstennisforums, or Bleacher Report, or even that one, where several teenage, pre-pubescent trolls lurk, waiting to pounce on the words of players (even more so than the media!)
Original post by ubi1
I know but i cant stop laughing why did Rafa let Murray win against him 6-0 on clay, so murray can know how it feels to win on clay?:wink:

I think Murray's taken a set off Nadal on clay (in 2011, not sure where), but Nadal hates being bagelled on clay in an actual match. We could see this year, against Djokovic and Gulbis, how desperately he tried to avoid it
Reply 7103
Original post by Krish4791
I couldn't believe my eyes when I read them! In many ways, this society is the best tennis discussion forum I or anyone could ask for - everyone's friendly, intelligent and respects each others' views. That is not the case on TT, menstennisforums, or Bleacher Report, or even that one, where several teenage, pre-pubescent trolls lurk, waiting to pounce on the words of players (even more so than the media!)

Especially Talktennis makes me Sick.
Reply 7104
Original post by Krish4791
I think Murray's taken a set off Nadal on clay (in 2011, not sure where), but Nadal hates being bagelled on clay in an actual match. We could see this year, against Djokovic and Gulbis, how desperately he tried to avoid it

Aye, it was in Monte Carlo. 47 More long minutes until we get to see Rafa. God am so happy.:wink:
Canadians ruining my draw... players whose names I can't pronoune are dangerous :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray through in straight sets; Rafa's turn to face the music now.
Reply 7107
Nadal's match is only in it's 7th game and the match has already been going on for 40 minutes. Federer can finish a match in this time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Roger1
Nadal's match is only in it's 7th game and the match has already been going on for 40 minutes. Federer can finish a match in this time.

Typical Nadal wasting time between points. It irritates me that he often breaks the time violations. The umpires should be far harsher on it, it allows time for recovery. Just like AO 2012, 6 hours or so, quite a lot of that was excess waiting and time wasting..
Am i the only one who thinks Murray will fail to defend his US Open?

His win at Wimbledon was great (can't fault him in the final) but he played nowhere near the standard of the Djokovic vs Del Potro semi-final.and Djokovic has won their last 3 hard court matches since the US Open. While he has a great shot at the final and Federer may not have bounced back Del Potro as inconsistent as he is had a forehand in Washington that was (and i'm serious when i say this) unreturnable.
Reply 7110
Original post by JOR2010
Typical Nadal wasting time between points. It irritates me that he often breaks the time violations. The umpires should be far harsher on it, it allows time for recovery. Just like AO 2012, 6 hours or so, quite a lot of that was excess waiting and time wasting..

Na they should go back to 40 second break 20seconds seems far too short.
Reply 7111
Original post by Rakas21
Am i the only one who thinks Murray will fail to defend his US Open?

His win at Wimbledon was great (can't fault him in the final) but he played nowhere near the standard of the Djokovic vs Del Potro semi-final.and Djokovic has won their last 3 hard court matches since the US Open. While he has a great shot at the final and Federer may not have bounced back Del Potro as inconsistent as he is had a forehand in Washington that was (and i'm serious when i say this) unreturnable.

Murray vs Delpo US open would be a great match if it happens am expecting the victor in 5 sets.
So Glad that Rafa got through. Him and Ferrer are two of my favourite players on tour due to their modesty. I would love a Rafa/Del potro or Rafa/ Murray final. Especially the latter, they haven't played in 2 years. It'll be interesting to see how they both do, I'd give the edge to Nadal.
Original post by ubi1
Murray vs Delpo US open would be a great match if it happens am expecting the victor in 5 sets.

Murray is far fitter so i'd expect him to win were it 5. That being said i agree that the match would be epic and when he's not walking about lethargically he has the weapons.
Original post by Alkain1607
So Glad that Rafa got through. Him and Ferrer are two of my favourite players on tour due to their modesty. I would love a Rafa/Del potro or Rafa/ Murray final. Especially the latter, they haven't played in 2 years. It'll be interesting to see how they both do, I'd give the edge to Nadal.

On a hard court i'd expect Murray to take Nadal.
Reply 7115

For some reason I don't Rafa vs Delpo as they are 2 of my favs but Murray vs Rafa US open final Would be nice.:wink:
Reply 7116
Original post by Rakas21
Murray is far fitter so i'd expect him to win were it 5. That being said i agree that the match would be epic and when he's not walking about lethargically he has the weapons.

Murray may be the fitter out of the 2 but Delpo won in IW don't see why he wouldn't be confident in doing the same at US Open there both 1 time US open Champions.
Reply 7117
Original post by Rakas21

I wouldn't be too sure of that I mean theres been a very few times Murray has taken out Nadal in best of 5.:wink:
Original post by Rakas21

Really? I would say on a hard court, there is no real dominant force. Murray, Nadal and Djokovic are all at a very similar level. I think either way it would be a very tight match.
Reply 7119
Really? I would say on a hard court, there is no real dominant force. Murray, Nadal and Djokovic are all at a very similar level. I think either way it would be a very tight match.

Truer words have never been spoken.:smile:

Latest