The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Ok, I'll check it out when it's approved! :biggrin: Also, could you put a link when it's approved on here, just in case I can't find it! :tongue:

I will try but I have to go for dinner. How long until its approved (on average)?
Original post by aasvogel
Tu es très chanceux car tu as tas de opportunités de travail... je ne sais pas j'irai pour l'éxperience de travail Octobre. :s-smilie:

(I'm having some serious déjà vu here)

Ton college t'aiderais:smile:

(Yeah, we seem to be going round in circles :lol: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5262
Original post by theone2498
I will try but I have to go for dinner. How long until its approved (on average)?

Ok, but I have absolutely no clue, I've no experience with it! I'll just keep an eye on the section! And by the way, I'm half Dutch (this was just to please owly) even though it doesn't affect my ethnicity!

Original post by thatitootoo
Discounting thine Dutch side now arest we? :redface:

Dutch doesn't come into play when I talk about my ethnicity!
Original post by Vionar
Ok, but I have absolutely no clue, I've no experience with it! I'll just keep an eye on the section! And by the way, I'm half Dutch (this was just to please owly) even though it doesn't affect my ethnicity!

Dutch doesn't come into play when I talk about my ethnicity!

Hmmmm interesting, like how far into Europe untill the non British "half" of your European heritage is generally acknowledged and worthy of a mention? Where is the border? Italy? Greece? Bulgaria? Not loving "Owly" btw
#Anthropologist :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone know any translation companies, London based, for work experience ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Das ist kein Problem, Aasvogel!!

Jouw naam is Aasvogel maar jij bent eigenlijk een tortelduifje :wink:

Google Translate tells me you are calling me a turtledove. Hmm. Not sure how to read into that. :wink:

I translated almost that whole thing by reading it as if I was a Dutch person trying to speak English... :biggrin:
Reply 5266
Hmmmm interesting, like how far into Europe untill the non British "half" of your European heritage is generally acknowledged and worthy of a mention? Where is the border? Italy? Greece? Bulgaria? Not loving "Owly" btw
#Anthropologist :wink:

Erm... I think my only European heritage is Dutch and French! :tongue: I like owly, it's an amazing nickname! :biggrin:
Original post by Molly_xox
Ton college t'aiderais:smile:

(Yeah, we seem to be going round in circles :lol: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent us a letter just before July saying what was happening and gave us a list of companies that regularly help and basically said "get on with it". ~_~

Haha no not from talking, like I've seen it before a while ago! :redface:
Google Translate tells me you are calling me a turtledove. Hmm. Not sure how to read into that. :wink:

I translated almost that whole thing by reading it as if I was a Dutch person trying to speak English... :biggrin:

Looool didn't know Dutch was that familliar pour vous :tongue:

Original post by Vionar
Erm... I think my only European heritage is Dutch and French! :tongue: I like owly, it's an amazing nickname! :biggrin:

So British is not European? Are you a ukip? :wink:
Reply 5269

God no! I was referring to non-British, as you asked for non-British! :tongue: But as my luck has it, I've got the only UKIP councillor in my area. :colonhash: :unimpressed:
They sent us a letter just before July saying what was happening and gave us a list of companies that regularly help and basically said "get on with it". ~_~

Haha no not from talking, like I've seen it before a while ago! :redface:

Helpful -.- just email a cafe or go work with your parents, that's what we normally do :')

Confused :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theone2498
NO WIKIPEDIA (thought it was self explanatory but you never know:smile:)
Come on. I had to find out:biggrin:. I knew I wasn't going to get it (unless I named almost every single language that I knew of from that approximate area), because I can never tell any of the languages from the Indian subcontinent apart!

And I didn't want to wait until someone else got it!
Reply 5272
Original post by Ronove
Only Danish right now really, but I studied German and Spanish (and a tiny bit of Catalan) at university, and did French A-level. I'm quite tempted to see if I can fit in some Japanese or Chinese around the rest of my life sometime soon. :smile:

How is your danish at the moment, I am fluent in Danish but I haven't spoken it for some time now.
Looool didn't know Dutch was that familliar pour vous :tongue:

I have Dutch friends on Facebook and I do the same with their statuses. :tongue: (was it you I told this to before?)
Original post by Molly_xox
Helpful -.- just email a cafe or go work with your parents, that's what we normally do :')

Confused :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a few options if I'm stuck, but I'd really like to make the most of this and get somewhere good which could relate to my uni course. :s
I'm confused too! But it was weird.
Reply 5275
Original post by Baraf
How is your danish at the moment, I am fluent in Danish but I haven't spoken it for some time now.

C1+, how come you're fluent in Danish? :smile:

Edit: Just noticed your location is Copenhagen. Weeeird. :tongue:
I have Dutch friends on Facebook and I do the same with their statuses. :tongue: (was it you I told this to before?)

Ahhh I seee, I seee...You just did a Dutch to English translation ^^ I still think it's cool that there are Dutchies at your school up in NI!
Dat is leuk ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
Ahhh I seee, I seee...You just did a Dutch to English translation ^^ I still think it's cool that there are Dutchies at your school up in NI!
Dat is leuk ^^

Haha sadly there are no Dutch ones around me, I met them on holiday. :tongue:
I have a few options if I'm stuck, but I'd really like to make the most of this and get somewhere good which could relate to my uni course. :s
I'm confused too! But it was weird.

Where would that be then? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would seem I'm the only person here without a clue about Dutch :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending