The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by PythianLegume
Is that because he's a drawing?

Precisely. If we get a bit daring and use color, then perhaps sociology.
Reply 461
Original post by Padouken
Mickey mouse prefers Geography.

:troll:
These do not count.

Why do you believe everything people tell you on TSR?
Reply 463
x.

Out of interest what subjects are you doing?
Reply 464
Original post by Miracle Day

:rofl: That's such an astute question, I didn't think of it quite like that.

The brainwashing has begun!
Original post by Arva
Out of interest what subjects are you doing?

I predict Maths, F.Maths, Physics, and similar subjects. Always those people who are the most arrogant :rolleyes:
Reply 466
New thread wow people are scared and expressing their scare then :colone:
Reply 467
I predict Maths, F.Maths, Physics, and similar subjects. Always those people who are the most arrogant :rolleyes:

I'm doing stuff like that, please don't generalise :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 468

The truth can be like a piercing knife at times, but accepting the truth can be the most intelligent thing you ever do..
Original post by Arva
:rofl: That's such an astute question, I didn't think of it quite like that.

The brainwashing has begun!

Well I think the basis of what he's saying is either that Cambridge prefered subject list, or posts on TSR based on the Cambridge prefered subject list.
Reply 470
Well I think the basis of what he's saying is either that Cambridge prefered subject list, or posts on TSR based on the Cambridge prefered subject list.

Sadly you're probably right.
Original post by Arva
I'm doing stuff like that, please don't generalise :tongue:

Spoiler

Didn't mean to imply they're all arrogant (I do maths and physics myself), but I never hear English Lit students claiming their subject is intrinsically the best, but maths and physics students love to claim that.
Reply 472

I don't have time for further maths but it does look interesting... Maybe I should have chosen it, I just didn't expect core maths to be so easy and boring. I picked the wrong subjects and I realized that after my AS year because I had somewhat of a late aptitude for the sciences.

But at least I didn't go for the humanities, OH GOD THE HORROR!
I don't have time for further maths but it does look interesting... Maybe I should have chosen it, I just didn't expect core maths to be so easy and boring. I picked the wrong subjects and I realized that after my AS year because I had somewhat of a late aptitude for the sciences.

So what did you do then?
Reply 474
Didn't mean to imply they're all arrogant (I do maths and physics myself), but I never hear English Lit students claiming their subject is intrinsically the best, but maths and physics students love to claim that.

Well physics comes from maths, chemistry from physics, biology from chemistry, psychology, sociology from biology. You can see why mathematicians think maths is the best. I don't though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by adi19956
Well physics comes from maths, chemistry from physics, biology from chemistry, psychology, sociology from biology. You can see why mathematicians think maths is the best. I don't though

I'm fed up of hearing this. All those fields developed fairly independently (there is overlap) - they just each go down a layer of complexity.
Reply 476
Original post by adi19956

Sociology from biology? wat.

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject, and to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 477

What's wrong with humanities? Is History a soft subject in your opinion?

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!

So you've applied for maths then?
Reply 479

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!

It's not objectively the hardest subject.

Here's a pro tip for life; don't make absurd claims which make you look stupid when you can't adequately support them.

Latest