The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Padouken
Sociology from biology? wat.

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject, and to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!

It's hard to be the best in any subject

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Visited my firm uni again today, don't know what I'll do if I don't get in as I don't have an insurance! :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 482
Original post by PythianLegume
So what did you do then?

Chemistry, physics, maths. But in terms of what I was actually studying, chemistry and physics. I think we can all agree that A level maths is in dire need of a remodel. Perhaps more integration and some geometry? Seriously, the most advanced question in core 3 june 2013 was sohcahtoa..
I don't have time for further maths but it does look interesting... Maybe I should have chosen it, I just didn't expect core maths to be so easy and boring. I picked the wrong subjects and I realized that after my AS year because I had somewhat of a late aptitude for the sciences.

But at least I didn't go for the humanities, OH GOD THE HORROR!

2/3 of my A levels are humanities. My university course specifies that they prefer humanities which is WHY I chose them. Them subjects being History and Sociology, 2 subjects which have a rather large amount of content. So explain why humanities are so bad?
Wish I was waiting for AS results... A2 results are just too much.. :|
Reply 485
Original post by Arva
What's wrong with humanities? Is History a soft subject in your opinion?

History is a great subject actually. I take it back. Most of the humanities.
Reply 486
Chemistry, physics, maths. But in terms of what I was actually studying, chemistry and physics. I think we can all agree that A level maths is in dire need of a remodel. Perhaps more integration and some geometry? Seriously, the most advanced question in core 3 june 2013 was sohcahtoa..

Clearly you're not that good if you couldn't handle FM on top of that. :lol:

Obviously tricky subjects, but if maths is so easy I see no reason why you couldn't have taken on something more challenging as well. Unless you're just arrogant and giving it all that, pretending that stuff is too easy for you to stroke your complex ego.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 487
And there goes my reputation.. Red alert! Red alert!
Original post by Jessie7003
Them subjects being History and Sociology,

I agree with you, but you would make a better case if you didn't say stuff like that.
I actually find History effortless and Psychology ******* solid
Reply 490
Original post by chignesh10
lol errr this thread is the same thing

The current OP was a bit late in changing the countdown in the title. Miracle Day changed it on the stroke of midnight or thereabouts.
I agree with you, but you would make a better case if you didn't say stuff like that.

Sorry my grammar has got terrible since Summer has started :colondollar:
Reply 492
Original post by Arva
Clearly you're not that good if you couldn't handle FM on top of that. :lol:

I already told you that I made the wrong decision when picking my subjects. I had a friend a year above me who was constantly doing further maths homework every darn day. I just couldn't be bothered with that ****. I know a lot of further maths from my own interests outside of school anyway. I don't need a measly A level certificate to show that I can pass *cough* ace a standardized exam designed for most people. Don't be silly. I was also expecting physics to have some decent maths.. Oh how wrong I was... A levels are poor.
Original post by Miracle Day
I actually find History effortless and Psychology ******* solid

I'm assuming that means you found psychology hard?

I love telling people that I took maths, physics, chemistry, psychology and english lit AS Levels...and that psychology was the one I found hardest :tongue:
I already told you that I made the wrong decision when picking my subjects. I had a friend a year above me who was constantly doing further maths homework every darn day. I just couldn't be bothered with that ****. I know a lot of further maths from my own interests outside of school anyway. I don't need a measly A level certificate to show that I can pass *cough* ace a standardized exam designed for most people. Don't be silly. I was also expecting physics to have some decent maths.. Oh how wrong I was... A levels are poor.

You should really quit while your ahead. You're making a fool of yourself on this and insulting quite a lot of people...
Original post by Jessie7003
2/3 of my A levels are humanities. My university course specifies that they prefer humanities which is WHY I chose them. Them subjects being History and Sociology, 2 subjects which have a rather large amount of content. So explain why humanities are so bad?

3/3 of mine! Wooooo humanities :wink:
Original post by gracecooke55
3/3 of mine! Wooooo humanities :wink:

Essays were the death of me this year! Gotta love humanities though :smile:
Reply 497

Actually, you do need a certificate before you can make stupid claims like "I could ace further maths". Otherwise we could just tell anybody we could do anything, right?

FM gets quite tricky in places, especially since most people do it as a fourth subject. Just because you think you could do it doesn't mean you actually could, to any degree of success. You're making a fool of yourself making such statements.
I'm assuming that means you found psychology hard?

I love telling people that I took maths, physics, chemistry, psychology and english lit AS Levels...and that psychology was the one I found hardest :tongue:

I know! The examiners are so pedantic and the content is huge!
I can't go in on results day until 10, can you start clearing without your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest