The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't care what I get. If I get into uni thats fine T_T Desperation!
Original post by OliverJR
Did the other thread get full?

It did indeed :pierre:
Reply 542
Original post by ElChapo
Out of interest which exam board are you on for maths, and how confident are you for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel.
Reply 543
I'm actually so scared now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
Edexcel.

how did you find June C3?
Reply 545
Okay I am going to participate more in this forum with a week to go.... I am getting very nervous now :/ I have so many plans for the uni I really want to go to and have no backup plans :s-smilie: arghhh I am DESPERATE to get in! :s-smilie:
Original post by Liquid Gold.
It's like I'm speaking to myself! :awesome:

AS Level results mainly, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (A2), and you? :smile:

I know it's quire cool actually :P

A2's.... Maths, Further Maths, Geography and History

Well good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 547
Original post by Padouken
Edexcel.

Edexcel isn't really regarded as the hardest maths board maybe that's why you're finding it so easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PythianLegume
Didn't mean to imply they're all arrogant (I do maths and physics myself), but I never hear English Lit students claiming their subject is intrinsically the best, but maths and physics students love to claim that.

I have, and tbh as a further maths physics person I'd be inclined to agree. Essays are hard!

Anyways, I've been lurking for ages like I did last year but since I'm now in a2 I feel able to actually comment and stuff :biggrin:
So my firm offer is a*aa and my insurance is aaa. I already have an a* in maths so im waiting for further maths physics and art...

Best case scenario: 3 a*s
Worst case: aab
Most likely: a*aa

not feeling too nervous yet; I'm waiting for grade boundaries before I panic :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was relatively calm but now I'm clammy (sorry).

Good luck everyone!
Original post by kettlechips
I have, and tbh as a further maths physics person I'd be inclined to agree. Essays are hard!

Anyways, I've been lurking for ages like I did last year but since I'm now in a2 I feel able to actually comment and stuff :biggrin:
So my firm offer is a*aa and my insurance is aaa. I already have an a* in maths so im waiting for further maths physics and art...

not feeling too nervous yet; I'm waiting for grade boundaries before I panic :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so lucky to have a worst case scenario as AAB!
My BEST case scenario is about that!
Original post by gman10
Okay I am going to participate more in this forum with a week to go.... I am getting very nervous now :/ I have so many plans for the uni I really want to go to and have no backup plans :s-smilie: arghhh I am DESPERATE to get in! :s-smilie:

PREACH! I have literally planned and researched my firm uni. I have NO idea what to do if I don't get in, so I'm trying not to jinx anything and I really know nothing about my insurance, which I guess is kinda stupid, even though this time last year I really wanted to go to my insurance uni but after researching, I just want my firm :/
Original post by ElChapo
Edexcel isn't really regarded as the hardest maths board maybe that's why you're finding it so easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam board are you? I personally only think MEI has a serious claim to being a better board for Maths.
Original post by LiquidGold
I know it's quire cool actually :P

A2's.... Maths, Further Maths, Geography and History

Well good luck! :biggrin:

*looks around for a black hole expectantly*

That's a nice range of subjects you got there, what course did you apply for?

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 554
Original post by DJMayes
Which exam board are you? I personally only think MEI has a serious claim to being a better board for Maths.

Yeah im on MEI

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
Original post by kettlechips

Posted from TSR Mobile

Math, Further Math, Physics and Art. Curious what are you hoping to do in University. Architecture ? If you don't mind what uni's ?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Its been cancelled? How many seasons did it get through in the end as I'll just have to buy them to watch on my laptop soon enough or on the TV if no one else wants to use it :tongue:

It got five seasons. It's all on btvguide if you don't mind watching it online...
I dont care much about results.. I love my firm, I also really like my insurance but I am sure after no time at all which ever university I end up at (via clearing or not) I will love.
I just want to move out of my house already!!!
Original post by ElChapo

Wow I just checked out the syllabus for MEI Maths/FM and it is so much more interesting than Edexcel. Do you do Further Maths by any chance? :smile:
Original post by Liquid Gold.
*looks around for a black hole expectantly*

That's a nice range of subjects you got there, what course did you apply for?

Thanks, good luck to you too!

I ended up applying for geography, UCL is my firm AAA (hopefully I'll get it!)

And yeh, I know what you're most probably thinking about my choice of course :tongue:

Latest