The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chignesh10
Nah only people who go to oxbridge are :wink:

Does that mean that thousands of people will not be intelligent on the 14th, but suddenly become intelligent overnight?
Original post by LiquidGold
Something along the lines of:
But what will you even do with a geography degree?
You take further maths and you're not taking maths a uni?
You're clever enough to do well in further maths but are taking geography at university?
Do you get lots of field trips then?

I do FM as well and I get this all the time, I'm applying for marine biology :rofl:
Reply 582
Original post by PythianLegume
Does that mean that thousands of people will not be intelligent on the 14th, but suddenly become intelligent overnight?

I'm fairly sure he was joking this time.
Reply 583
Original post by chignesh10
Nah only people who go to oxbridge are :wink:

It's comments like these that explain the ever inflating ego of the oxbridge candidate.
Reply 584
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I do FM as well and I get this all the time, I'm applying for marine biology :rofl:

Do you have scuba diving classes?

Original post by Arva
I'm fairly sure he was joking this time.

Original post by Padouken
It's comments like these that explain the ever inflating ego of the oxbridge candidate.

It was a joke, calm down paduoken
Reply 586
I had a dream about results day a night ago. Finally hitting me how scary it is...

True. I hold an offer from Southampton that's got higher entry requirements than someone I know's offer from oxford.
Nah, I was thinking: 'Human Geography is the most mind-numbingly dull subject' :colone:

Human geography is my favourite actually :biggrin:
IMO (note), Geography is a hodge podge of so many silly little things. You should have applied for Geology, but i'm sure you will do fine. Heh.

Pah. Geology. :talkhand:
Do you have scuba diving classes?

At uni? No, as all the diving for samples is done for us
Reply 591
Meh. If there was any drastic or even notable difference in difficulty, I'm sure universities would attempt to discriminate between the boards when making the important, and in some cases as some people like to claim, 'life determining', decision that is university offers. And wtf is MEI? LOL

MEI is an exam board, and why would unis discriminate as such? In most cases candidates get stuck with whatever board their sixth form/college chose so that would be unfair. There is a difference in difficulty compare for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo:

I don't know about you, but I personally really disliked fm this year. AS was all well and good, but A2.... Ergh :argh:
The nearer results day gets, the worse I think I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
At uni? No, as all the diving for samples is done for us

Damn. Where's the fun in that?
Come on everyone were all stressed out (or just bored with waiting so long in any case) lets not bicker lets be friends :awesome:
Ahhh results day is scary :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 597
Original post by ElChapo
MEI is an exam board, and why would unis discriminate as such? In most cases candidates get stuck with whatever board their sixth form/college chose so that would be unfair. There is a difference in difficulty compare for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea. I realized that after I had written the earlier post. Then wouldn't the exam boards be pressured to have similar standards and level of difficulty? Maybe the difference is made negligible in the grade boundaries; Edexcel for example has very high boundaries between the A and the A* and the differences are also quite tight. What are the boundaries like for MEI?
I honestly haven't thought about results until a few days ago, now it's constant panic when nothing is there to distract me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiquidGold
:woo:

I don't know about you, but I personally really disliked fm this year. AS was all well and good, but A2.... Ergh :argh:

Same! I found FP1 really interesting, even though it was tricky. FP2/3 were just too hard for me. I wouldn't say I am naturally good at maths, I have to work really hard at it. There were parts where I thought "this is some cool maths" but mostly I just struggled. :colondollar:

Damn. Where's the fun in that?

I know! When I went for my interview at Southampton I asked the current students whether I needed to bring a wetsuit or anything, they kind of laughed, I was like okay then :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest