Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by EagleWing
Mine has. And yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang ucas and they told me that they've received and processed my graded. Yet Newcastle hasn't updated my track : ( ( (
Reply 142
Original post by Maths94
I rang ucas and they told me that they've received and processed my graded. Yet Newcastle hasn't updated my track : ( ( (

Are you unconditional? They will usually update track midnight before results... Or they did last year
Reply 143
Original post by gowans07
Are you unconditional? They will usually update track midnight before results... Or they did last year

My offer has changed to unconditional. See you in September :smile:))))
Reply 144
Congrats, see you there!
Reply 145
Original post by Maths94
My offer has changed to unconditional. See you in September :smile:))))

Congrats :biggrin:

We should make a group of some sort for all unconditionals
Do you guys think CS is competitive) In this uni and general
Reply 147
Original post by yodawg321
Do you guys think CS is competitive) In this uni and general

When you say competitive are you meaning are there many people applying per place available?
Original post by Kalisnoir
When you say competitive are you meaning are there many people applying per place available?

Yeah
Reply 149
Yeah

Not sure tbh but I doubt it is as high as it would otherwise of been a few years ago since uni applicants have dropped in general. It is a highly rated Uni though so I guess that's something to keep in mind if you dare to hazard a guess.

Why do you ask anyway?
Not sure tbh but I doubt it is as high as it would otherwise of been a few years ago since uni applicants have dropped in general. It is a highly rated Uni though so I guess that's something to keep in mind if you dare to hazard a guess.

Why do you ask anyway?

Wondering if not doing A-level Maths will be a disadvantage to me.
Reply 151
Wondering if not doing A-level Maths will be a disadvantage to me.

A-Level Maths isn't a requirement so it won't make a difference unless you're hoping to get in through clearing in which they will obviously take it as an advantage.
A-Level Maths isn't a requirement so it won't make a difference unless you're hoping to get in through clearing in which they will obviously take it as an advantage.

But isn't a "Preffered" subjects?
Reply 153
But isn't a "Preffered" subjects?

Do you have an offer yes or no?

Yes - Congratulations, should you meet your offer criteria you are now a student at Newcastle University.

No - The only thing you can do to get in at this point is via clearing. Are you planning on going through Clearing? If yes;

Having an A-Level in Mathematics will obviously help your case however these offers are given over the phone at the time of calling them so you won't be compared with other people phoning up.
Reply 154
Original post by EagleWing
Congrats :biggrin:

We should make a group of some sort for all unconditionals

Yeah, after A level results though.
Reply 155
EagleWing - are you gonna keep your HDD ('s) from your Windows pc?
Reply 156
Original post by gowans07
EagleWing - are you gonna keep your HDD ('s) from your Windows pc?

Hey,

I will be copying an image of the OS to an external hard drive - It's got a bunch of things I need and I don't want to re install them one by one again.
Reply 157
Anyone know if a CCNA qualification is valued by employers ?
Original post by Maths94
Anyone know if a CCNA qualification is valued by employers ?

Definitely but I don't wouldn't personally pay for it, I'd try and find a job that offers them. I don't believe they are necessary for graduate-level positions but if you are thinking about going for it, this roadmap is great if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/get_involved/careerPath.html
Reply 159
Original post by 4c:75:6b:65
Definitely but I don't wouldn't personally pay for it, I'd try and find a job that offers them. I don't believe they are necessary for graduate-level positions but if you are thinking about going for it, this roadmap is great if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/get_involved/careerPath.html

My college funded it. It was mandatory so we all had to take it, though not everyone passed; however i did. It was 10 exams, 9 being mini-exams whilst the final one being around one hour long. It lasted a few months and the exams were none-book nor no internet access. So revising had to be done in order to pass, otherwise it was a definite fail. Never rly taken interest in the qualification, until now. Don't really know the real 'value' of it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending