The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by hannah_lou
Ahh that does help matters :P wow, so you're off to London, you won't be bored! My firm is St Andrews and insurance is Bristol, so couldn't be more different haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is it you want to study? you might have said it before but i cant remember, sorry :s-smilie:

i dont really know much about either of those universities to be honest :P yeah im off to london if i get kings, but not if its greenwich, thats at the medway campus. i didnt want to move away from home just yet so...
Reply 601
Original post by chloels
Honestly don't know what to do if I don't get into my firm, hate being so set on a uni, don't want to go anywhere else!

Exactly, I feel bad that i'm not watching my insurance's offer holder thread on TSR :redface:
Original post by Khallil
It did indeed :pierre:

Haha, didn't think I was going mad.
Reply 603
Universities have had our results for sometime now, there was an article on the telegraph showing that universities said they had a lot of spaces on clearing this year. Then again that maybe because not enough people applied for certain courses this year?
Original post by Delta123
Universities have had our results for sometime now, there was an article on the telegraph showing that universities said they had a lot of spaces on clearing this year. Then again that maybe because not enough people applied for certain courses this year?

I thought this was obvious! I wouldn't be surprised if people get their firm even if they miss the requirements by a grade or two! (Which is what I am counting on!) haha
DAYS

HOUR

MINUTES

Oh my gosh.!!!

Original post by Where'sPerry?
Same! I found FP1 really interesting, even though it was tricky. FP2/3 were just too hard for me. I wouldn't say I am naturally good at maths, I have to work really hard at it. There were parts where I thought "this is some cool maths" but mostly I just struggled. :colondollar:

I totally agree. FP1 was good! Really enjoyed it :smile: Thought 'Oh hey, I won't drop this for A2 after all!' ... FP4 :angry: I hated this module so so much. FP3 was okay-ish, but FP4... :frown: :frown: :frown:
It was too much of a struggle really
Reply 607
Its gotten to the point where I literally absolutely do not care what grades I get, as long as my firm accepts me. Then everything will be all goodddd
Reply 608
Original post by Delta123

But I've heard universities get our results the weekend before?
Original post by Satta101
Its gotten to the point where I literally absolutely do not care what grades I get, as long as my firm accepts me. Then everything will be all goodddd

We're on the same page :yep:
Reply 610
Original post by LiquidGold
I totally agree. FP1 was good! Really enjoyed it :smile: Thought 'Oh hey, I won't drop this for A2 after all!' ... FP4 :angry: I hated this module so so much. FP3 was okay-ish, but FP4... :frown: :frown: :frown:

Did you do AQA FP3 this june?

Omg, FP4?? What exam board is that? I did Edexcel and we only have FP1/2/3.

I hated FP3 the most. There was so much integration, which is a topic I don't particularly enjoy :redface:
Original post by thers
Did you do AQA FP3 this june?

Yep. It wasn't good. I think I reached my limit of maths at AS Level :colondollar:
How'd you find it?

I hated FP3 the most. There was so much integration, which is a topic I don't particularly enjoy :redface:

See I don't mind intergration too much, so it wasn't as bad as FP4 that was all vectors/matrices.

AQA!
Reply 614
Original post by Lady'sMan247
Hey, how did you find the f322 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too good :frown: All my exams were crammed around that exam so I couldn't prepare as much as I wanted to, plus I didn't have time to finish it :cry: Disastrous really
Reply 615
So far, I'm trying to occupy my mind with as many things as possible (thank you Steam summer sale) :biggrin:

Aside from that, I tend to detach myself from my firm choice as much as possible, to lessen the potential disappointment :frown:

Good luck everybody on results day :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't worry, Edexcel cover the same approximate amount of content in C1-4 and FP1-3 as AQA do in C1-4 and FP1-4. The existence of FP4 is actually more of a negative for the AQA board than a positive.
Reply 617
Original post by Infamous12
The nearer results day gets, the worse I think I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly
At first I predicted I would get AABC
Now I am thinking ABCD if I am lucky :bricks:
Hi, can someone put up that Patisserie Valerie free cupcake link up on this thread please? :smile:) I need to send my friend the link! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 619
Yep. It wasn't good. I think I reached my limit of maths at AS Level :colondollar:
How'd you find it?

I underestimated FP3 completely as I was getting very high scores (90%+) in the past papers as they were very routine and standard. Then came the day of the FP3 exam and I completely flopped it due to the paper being such an algebraic mess. I ran out of time and I think I've lost around 30 marks. :frown: