The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Hope you're ok, it's not surprising that you're a little freaked out.

Mm kinda came out of nowhere which is why I think it bothered me. But eh, I am home and safe so will be okay. Thank you.
Reply 5621
:hugs: You should never feel guilty about posting on here - besides, loneliness can be a horrible thing. Could you write up a list of hobbies etc. you could start that would bring you into contact with more people? I've done evening classes and stuff before, which helped me a bit. :smile:

:console: If you do start feeling significantly worse then maybe see your GP sooner? At my old surgery if you phone up at 8am you can usually get a same-day appointment, or you can get an emergency appointment any time of the day.

Thanks, that could help but at the minute my hobbies include sleep and watching bad tv so I would need to branch out a bit before I managed that. Considering that in high school I was busy every lunch and after school my interest in stuff has definitely declined recently. Also, new people are terrifying.
I'll be okay until Monday, also the GP I see is only in 2 days a week so I wouldn't be able to see her and I don't want to see another one. I'm okay it's just a bit disappointing that after the last few weeks of feeling slightly better I'm back to where I was a month ago. I know it takes longer than that for meds to actually work but I'm just sick of feeling like this. Back to my normal distraction technique of baking I guess, cookies this time.
Original post by VaVe
Thanks, that could help but at the minute my hobbies include sleep and watching bad tv so I would need to branch out a bit before I managed that. Considering that in high school I was busy every lunch and after school my interest in stuff has definitely declined recently. Also, new people are terrifying.
I'll be okay until Monday, also the GP I see is only in 2 days a week so I wouldn't be able to see her and I don't want to see another one. I'm okay it's just a bit disappointing that after the last few weeks of feeling slightly better I'm back to where I was a month ago. I know it takes longer than that for meds to actually work but I'm just sick of feeling like this. Back to my normal distraction technique of baking I guess, cookies this time.

New people are scary, but sometimes they turn out to be fun too. :yes: Good plan with the cookies though - I need to do some baking soon too!
Original post by Sabertooth
Psychologist mentioned hospital a load. :cry: :afraid: I told him I'm not going and that's final which he accepted but now I've got to deal with friday and I still don't have a plan. Don't know what I'm going to do, I'm so scared of a certain thing happening but I'm too much of a wuss to stop it once and for all. I'm trying to decide if to tell my wife to hide things I could use but if I tell her it puts her in extreme danger so I'm guessing no.

I can't relate to what you're going through but, i have faith you will make other through. As scary as things may seem, they rarely end up as scary as you thought once you do end up facing them :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5624
New people are scary, but sometimes they turn out to be fun too. :yes: Good plan with the cookies though - I need to do some baking soon too!

I found a local group online that's near me and meet up fairly regularly and have applied to join it. Of course, that doesn't mean that I will actually ever meet them :colondollar: still I'm calling it progress.
Baking = science for hungry people (also yum)
Original post by VaVe
I found a local group online that's near me and meet up fairly regularly and have applied to join it. Of course, that doesn't mean that I will actually ever meet them :colondollar: still I'm calling it progress.
Baking = science for hungry people (also yum)

Hope that works out for you. :smile:

Baking = better than science. :yep:
So need to hide from the world and everyone. Such a **** person :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5627
Feeling really uncomfortable about telling therapist stuff. She was really lovely and thanked me for it and told me I have nothing to be ashamed of etc. But am ashamed and humiliated by all of it. And I'm not sure if it was tmi and stuff. Feel a bit wobbly.
Reply 5628
Original post by Sabertooth
Glad to hear it man :five: Good luck!

Original post by danny111
Well done, fingers crossed!

Thanks guys. Should find out soon. Successful or not i tried my best. Sorry i haven't been on to reply since yesterday!
Original post by PonchoKid
So need to hide from the world and everyone. Such a **** person :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're really not. :hugs:

Original post by asdfgah
Feeling really uncomfortable about telling therapist stuff. She was really lovely and thanked me for it and told me I have nothing to be ashamed of etc. But am ashamed and humiliated by all of it. And I'm not sure if it was tmi and stuff. Feel a bit wobbly.

:hugs: You've made a big step, so it's not surprising that you're feeling a bit ambivalent about it, but it's still awesome that you've managed to be so honest with her, and she's right that you have nothing to be ashamed of. :smile:
You're really not. :hugs:

:hugs: You've made a big step, so it's not surprising that you're feeling a bit ambivalent about it, but it's still awesome that you've managed to be so honest with her, and she's right that you have nothing to be ashamed of. :smile:

I really am, deffinately can't go to the drs on Friday, so scared. Scared to even see my own parents :s-smilie: deffinately not cool with sitting in the car for 4 hours with them, and I pray to Jebus that uni doesn't come up in conversation.
I'm so not ready for everything that's happening in my life :frown:

If I run away and hide, then it's not happening right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5631

Thanks - I emailed it all to her cos didn't know if I'd hand it over if I brought it. And we didn't really talk about it cos when she asked some questions I went mega flashbacky so figured we'd give me some time to get used to her knowing before we talk in detail. And I need to be in court for something in a few weeks which is going to be triggery so we talked about that instead.

But because we didn't talk that much about it I wonder if I gauged her reaction wrong, and maybe she was disgusted and stuff and I just didn't notice because we didn't talk much about it. And at the time I thought she wasn't asking about certain things because they could trigger me, but maybe it was just because she agrees it's gross. I dunno. I haven't showed anyone else what I sent her so perhaps it really is just inappropriate. Not sure.
Original post by PonchoKid
I really am, deffinately can't go to the drs on Friday, so scared. Scared to even see my own parents :s-smilie: deffinately not cool with sitting in the car for 4 hours with them, and I pray to Jebus that uni doesn't come up in conversation.
I'm so not ready for everything that's happening in my life :frown:

If I run away and hide, then it's not happening right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being scared doesn't make you a bad person. :nah: I think everybody feels at times like life is moving too fast for them - that's normal. The thing is to try and deal with that fear, rather than let it rule over you.

Original post by asdfgah
Thanks - I emailed it all to her cos didn't know if I'd hand it over if I brought it. And we didn't really talk about it cos when she asked some questions I went mega flashbacky so figured we'd give me some time to get used to her knowing before we talk in detail. And I need to be in court for something in a few weeks which is going to be triggery so we talked about that instead.

But because we didn't talk that much about it I wonder if I gauged her reaction wrong, and maybe she was disgusted and stuff and I just didn't notice because we didn't talk much about it. And at the time I thought she wasn't asking about certain things because they could trigger me, but maybe it was just because she agrees it's gross. I dunno. I haven't showed anyone else what I sent her so perhaps it really is just inappropriate. Not sure.

It sounds like she was just being considerate of your feelings, because she understood what a major thing it was for you to share this stuff with her. From all you've said about her she sounds like a lovely and professional person who's making particular efforts to help you, and I don't believe at all that she'd think any worse of you because of what you told her.
Being scared doesn't make you a bad person. :nah: I think everybody feels at times like life is moving too fast for them - that's normal. The thing is to try and deal with that fear, rather than let it rule over you.

I guess im scared of admitting the truth, and what shell actually say :s-smilie:

Im scared things are worse than what i think/say

And then i have to act normal when i come out cos my mums giving me a lift there and back :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I can't relate to what you're going through but, i have faith you will make other through. As scary as things may seem, they rarely end up as scary as you thought once you do end up facing them :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the hugs. :smile: However, what going to happen is extremely scary I can't think how it will be any less scary when it actually happens :tongue:
:ninja:
Original post by danny111
What do you volunteer as if I may ask?

I can see why she doesn't like being alone in a hospital, I don't like being in one period. But sounds good that they are ready, sounds like she is in good hands.

I'm currently volunteering with a group of teens doing the NCS course over the summer so we're at an activity camp.

Feeling better this morning. Just waiting for an update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not a failure at all. Really proud of you for telling your care coordinator. That can't have been easy but you did the right thing :yep:

Spoiler

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 5638
Morning all. Got a call - i got the job. Ohmygod.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Original post by james1211
Morning all. Got a call - i got the job. Ohmygod.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Yeyyyyyy congratulations :biggrin:
So proud!
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile